Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg files & f2k (Read 2755 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg files & f2k

Hi! I have some old (maybe year, half a year old) ogg files made by myself with eac & ogg vorbis encoder. In Foobar 0.586 i dont have any problems with playing this files, and now, since Foobar 0.6 was released these files doesnt play. The warning is: "(foo_speex) : Cannot read header". So could you please tell me where is the problem? Thanks for any answer 
miszak

Ogg files & f2k

Reply #1
from the changelog
following Xiph's recommendations, Ogg files containing garbage at the beginning no longer play

You've probably got id3 tags in there.

Get TAG (http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/html/tag.html) or some other program which can remove tags and strip any id3 tags from the files.  That'll probably fix it.

Ogg files & f2k

Reply #2
Ok. It works. But what if i have many of this files already on cd-r discs? Should i write it again? Generally it should be other solution, or it should works as in the foobar 0.586...

Ogg files & f2k

Reply #3
Sorry, but ID3 tags do not belong on ogg files.  They are trash when they are in ogg files, and so the files are treated as if they are corrupt (which they are).