Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monkey's Audio Utilities (Read 4780 times) previous topic - next topic

Monkey's Audio Utilities

I've archived all my CDs into Monkey's Audio, all ripped/encoded as a single image + cue file.

I'd like the ability to:

a) generate (batch) aac's or mp3s, one file per song, using the cue file to split (for my iPod)

b) burn to CD (as wav), without having to manually uncompress it.

Thanks in advance

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #1
Foobar2000 will do both of those things.

1. Load the cue in the playlist, choose the output format in preferences, then select and right click the songs you want to convert. Click convert to and it will convert for you.

2. Again right click the songs and choose write audio cd.

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #2
2. Can be done with Burrrn and should be possible with Nero also (with plugin from neroplugins.cd-rw.org).
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #4
Thanks

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #5
1. Load the cue in the playlist, choose the output format in preferences

I then get the choice of  WAV, WAV, WAV, WAV, WAV, WAV, WAV, or WAV.  So, I can output my file to any choice of a WAV.  Um, how do you output as something else?  Say, you know, one of those other pesky formats like MP3?

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #6
You'll need to download the proper diskwritter components, to save as other file types.

Next problem: they are coming out untagged

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #7
LAME with Cuesheet support, as I linked to above, will also tag, using info from the cuesheet, but only Artist, Album, Track number and Song title.

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #8
It's my understanding that LAME 3.90.3 is the defacto standard to use for encoding.  Why then, would I be at all interested in using 3.93 hacked patched whatever?

I got foobar2000 working, sort of.  Has anyone ever made any sort of help file to decode the encrypted methodology of how to name the output file?  So far all I get is what is the default.  There is something about using any meta tag, what tags?  What are the tags?  Where do you go to find the tags?  My output file name is all funky and no tags at all. Very defeating of the purpose.  APE + CUE file yeilds MP3's properly named and tagged, encoded with the trusted compile of LAME.

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #9
Why did you bring up 3.93? nobody mentioned it here. The version I linked to is a patched 3.90.3.

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #10
Why did you bring up 3.93? nobody mentioned it here. The version I linked to is a patched 3.90.3.

Well, I guess because I can read?    The link posted above shows 3.93 plain as day.

LAME version 3.93 MMX  (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
CPU features: i387, MMX (ASM used), SIMD, SIMD2
Using polyphase lowpass  filter, transition band: 18671 Hz - 19205 Hz
Encoding CDImage.wav [00:00:00, 02:39:12) to 01yellow-submarine.mp3
Encoding as 44.1 kHz VBR(q=2) j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (ca. 7.3x) qval=2

Copied from Here

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #11
Well, I guess because I can read?  The link posted above shows 3.93 plain as day.

Well, if you read further, and even went to the glump.net-mirror that was linked to from the site, you would see that the patch works for 3.90.2, 3.90.3 AND 3.93.1, but the latest, and recommended version, 0.5.3, is only for 3.90.3

EDIT: typo

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #12
Cewlies, I  should read more then.  Thanks for the correction.  I get a bit afraid to try anything that is not "accepted and tested".  Spent just way too much time ripping and encoding my stuff already twice.

So, I take it I get the source for LAME, apply the patch and compile it myself?  Would I get the same performance as the "standard" compile as far as encoding speed and all?

Monkey's Audio Utilities

Reply #13
So, I take it I get the source for LAME, apply the patch and compile it myself? Would I get the same performance as the "standard" compile as far as encoding speed and all?

That I couldn't answer, as I didn't read anything mentioning that particular part, plus I never did any testing. I also did not compile it myself, I just downloaded a precompiled binary from glump.net. I just love it for it's added functionality.

EDIT: Ok, after some quick testing I find that this version is much slower than Dibroms binary. If you don't compile it yourself, and you don't need the APE and Cuesheet support, Dibroms is the one to get.