Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Quod Libet doesn't see id3 info written by foobar2k, mp3tag, jaikoz? (Read 1691 times) previous topic - next topic

Quod Libet doesn't see id3 info written by foobar2k, mp3tag, jaikoz?

In my case I am coming from a combination of foobar2000/jaikoz/mp3tag on primarily mp3/flac/ogg files and they seemed to work fairly well with each other on the diff formats in terms of understanding metadata that each other wrote.
I installed lq and compared to just about all the other players (available for linux, still doesn't compare to fb2k...) out there I quite like it but there will certainly be a learning curve.
First thing is ratings I guess. All my music, which I have ratings mostly 3, 4, and 5 are showing up as either 0 or 5 nothing else. Actually all my FLAC and ogg files are showing up as 5 star and mp3/aac files as 0 start. I am pretty much positive that a fair number of the ones marked as 5 star are not correct (I would never have marked as 5) so I am a bit stumped. Also moods and various other info are not showing up, artist, album, title yes all seem correct, everything else I tagged on win using foobar2000/jaikoz/mp3tag no... is there anyway to work around this?
I tried posting to the ql github issues page but got no response, I did find this post but to be honst its a bit too tech for me to understand.
Thoughts? Please.

Re: Quod Libet doesn't see id3 info written by foobar2k, mp3tag, jaikoz?

Reply #1
It's Quod Libet's fault and needs fixing there (I am a maintainer..)