Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.3 beta feedback (Read 60429 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.3 beta feedback

Reply #25
Beta 2 out : bug fixes + made the properties dialog behave more gracefully with large libraries again.

Re pause issue:
Sorry, cannot reproduce this issue, please start a thread in tech support, following tech support guidelines (full list of components etc).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #26
Hi,

With the new beta versions, a problem has appeared for me.

When foobar starts up and no file is playing:
1. If I double click on a file in the playlist it plays fine, however at the end of the track it goes to the
next track but then immediately skips to the next and the next, till the end of the playlist. while it does this I can hear tiny bits of the songs being played.
I say tiny but I mean 100th of a seconds worth.

2. If i click the play button or the random playback button it selects a track and then begins to skip immediately to the next track as above. it does not play the first track at all.

this happened with beta 1 as well

scrub all that it was foo_skip tracks that was causing the problem!
Sorry, I should have checked first.

Reply #27
It seems all good now, thank you Peter. Will keep using beta 2 and testing.

Why the new one creates the folder "playlists-v1.3"?

Reply #28
It seems all good now, thank you Peter. Will keep using beta 2 and testing.

Why the new one creates the folder "playlists-v1.3"?

The new format of playlists is incompatible with older foobar2000 versions. The existing playlists & Media Library data is kept for downgrade compatibility, so if you install 1.2.9 again, you'll see the last written pre 1.3 playlists & library.

Reply #29
Perfect, that's what I thought. Thank you.

Reply #30
1.3 Beta 1:

Peter, possible bug (certainly a change in behaviour from previous versions):

Situation:

Drag and drop playlist tracks from one (v.1.3) installation of foobar2000 to another (in this case 1.2.9):

C.

1.3 Beta 2

Peter this has been "fixed" (maybe -- because I never tested 1.3 to 1.3) ONLY if the other version is 1.3.

So 1.3 beta 2 hasn't fixed the following:

Drag and drop playlist tracks from one (v.1.3) installation of foobar2000 to another (in this case 1.2.9):

Previous behaviour:
The playlist track order used to be maintained across the different installations (say a portable to your main installation);

Since 1.3
Now the tracks get re-ordered, seemingly by %path%.

C.

EDIT: spelling
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #31
carpman, the issue is fixed with beta 2. I tested it less than a minute ago and it's all good.

Reply #32
Well I hate to break it to you, but I just dragged and dropped a list of files from foobar2000 1.3 BETA 2 to:
a) foobar2000 v1.14 portable, and
b) foobar2000 v1.26 portable

And previously with foobar2000 1.3 BETA 1

The same drag and drop to:

c) foobar2000 v1.14
d) foobar2000 v1.29 (non portable)

And the files were re-ordered by path in all instances.

So I appreciate your reassuring words eahm, unfortunately they don't match my reality.
I doubt this has any bearing on the matter, but just in case Peter:

Let me know if you need any other details.

C.

Reply #33
Clarification: playlist loading bug only affected dropping files to foobar2000 1.3 beta 1 and it's gone in beta 2. Reordering when dragging between different foobar2000 instances is a separate matter and will be looked into, thanks for reporting.

Reply #34
The "cannot write to library (Access Denied)" problem re-appeared.

Reply #35
Playlist search behaviour is weird when searching for something and then changing the playlist tab.

Reply #36
The current beta does not seem to support MPEG-DASH files, feeding them to foobar2000 will result in the following console message:

Location not parsable: "D:\Music\various_artists\test_dash.mp4", reason: Unsupported format or corrupted file (array access out of range)

Format : dash
Codec ID : dash
ID : 1
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40

The header for MPEG-DASH files reads:

ftypdash iso6mp41

DASH files play fine in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
The audio can be extracted with MP4box and muxed into a regular MP4 container to make them play in foobar2000, but that's a bit cumbersome

Reply #37
Clarification: playlist loading bug only affected dropping files to foobar2000 1.3 beta 1 and it's gone in beta 2. Reordering when dragging between different foobar2000 instances is a separate matter and will be looked into, thanks for reporting.

Perfect, thanks. I couldn't reproduce that exact problem and I thought it was related with the playlist issue in beta 1 and was already fixed in beta 2.

Reply #38
I've sent few crash reports about this:
- Add playlist (radio for example, like radio paradise from here: http://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#name=Listen)
- DON'T LOAD/PLAY the playlist
- Right click, Properties
- foobar2000 crashes.

Is foobar2000 getting slower opening internet streams? It may be just placebo but it seems to me, I've just tested XMPlay and the time is the same, again, it may be just placebo and probably is because foobar2000 is still a beta.

Reply #39
- Add playlist (radio for example, like radio paradise from here: http://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#name=Listen)
- foobar2000 crashes.

Is foobar2000 getting slower opening internet streams? It may be just placebo but it seems to me, I've just tested XMPlay and the time is the same, again, it may be just placebo and probably is because foobar2000 is still a beta.

Yep, the same happens to me, using beta 2.

Reply #40
- foobar2000 crashes.

Beta 3 fixes the issue. Thank you Peter.

Reply #42
so am i the only one experiencing very intense hdd work with recent foobar betas? and according to console, nothing is going on...

Reply #43
Peter, FYI (I'm sure you know ... but):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=848264
Not fixed in Beta 3.

You have to help me here, I am trying to reproduce the issue but I can't.

Here's what I do:
- Install 1.3.0 beta 3 portable on D:\foobar200013
- Install 1.2.9 portable on D:\foobar200012
- Load one album on foobar2000 1.3.0 beta 3
- Don't grab the full album from the title but grab songs 1 to 6 for example
- Drag&drop them to 1.2.9
- I see 1 to 6 like I see them on 1.3.0 beta 3

What am I missing?

Reply #44
Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000's cache, for better search performance and lower resource usage.

Beta 3: the feature is now customizable by editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar2000 profile folder.

How can I edit LargeFieldsConfig.txt if I want the facets filter to search lyrics? I tried to include lyrics in the "list of basic meta fields" and increasing the basicMetaMax up to 100000 but it doe not seem to do anything.

Reply #45
i hope you restarted like it said? i just deleted both lists and set the defaultMetaMax to a high value. and it now displays fields that beta1&2 did not. (edit: when i say "it", i mean 3rd party components)

i don't even use large fields but i do need it for testing certain things i mess around with and it's now working fine for me.

Reply #46
Of course I restarted. I tried to delete both lists as you did and increased defaultMetaMax to 10000000 and it still doesn't work.

Reply #47
Re LargeFieldsConfig.txt
You also need to forcefully reload info from your whole library content for this to take effect. E.g. by opening the Properties dialog and using the appropriate command from the Tools menu.

Re drag and drop to an old version
I've found the exact bug, unfortunately it needs to be fixed in the fb2k instance receiving drops. It currently occurs only when dragging from a newer version to an older one. If there's one more 1.2.x update with bug fixes, I'll be sure to include this fix.
Thanks again for reporting it.

Reply #48
Re LargeFieldsConfig.txt
You also need to forcefully reload info from your whole library content for this to take effect. E.g. by opening the Properties dialog and using the appropriate command from the Tools menu.

Ok it worked by reloading the info. However this info is cleared upon restarting foobar2000. Is there a way to make it permanent?

Reply #49
Here's what I do:
- Install 1.3.0 beta 3 portable on D:\foobar200013
- Install 1.2.9 portable on D:\foobar200012
- Load one album on foobar2000 1.3.0 beta 3
- Don't grab the full album from the title but grab songs 1 to 6 for example
- Drag&drop them to 1.2.9
- I see 1 to 6 like I see them on 1.3.0 beta 3

What am I missing?

You're testing to see if 1.30 sends over the tracks to 1.29 in %path% order by dragging a selection of files already in %path% order and wondering why they are still in %path% order. Try a completely random set of tracks and then put z:\zzz\zzz\zzz\zzz.mp3 at the top of that playlist and see if it's at the top once dragged from 1.3 to 1.29.

C.