Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Incorrect tagging with wavpack files APEv2? (Read 679 times) previous topic - next topic

Incorrect tagging with wavpack files APEv2?

Hi,
I discovered a bug in foobar tagging files. What I discovered concerns wavpack files with apev2 tags.
And so.
One single was encoded to wavpack format. I tagged it with mp3tag. When I opened the file in foobar, I noticed that the "Album Artist" field was empty even though I added a value there.
So I decided to put the test in there for a test. After typing and opening the file in mp3 tag it turns out that foobar has made a new tag called "ALBUM ARTIST" and it should be "ALBUMARTIST". This "ALBUMARTIST" was visible in the foobar only as a separate tag at the very bottom of the list. And it should appear as "Album Artist" in the gui interface.
I use foobar2000 v1.6.12b2.
EDIT: This is properties of this file in foobar.
Code: [Select]
Artist Name : Warriorz!
Track Title : (Be My...) Energizer (Hi-Energy Euro Handz Up Mix)
Album Title : (Be My...) Energizer (2K21 Handz Up Exclusive Edition)
Date : 2021-10-06
Genre : Hands Up
Composer :
Performer :
Album Artist : Test
Track Number : 01
Total Tracks : 08
Disc Number :
Total Discs :
Comment :
<ALBUMARTIST> : Warriorz!

Re: Incorrect tagging with wavpack files APEv2?

Reply #1
Actually Mp3tag is incorrect here. The standard tag fields in APE tags use spaces. Though foobar2000 should be changed to read these alternative spellings too.

Reply #2
You can create a mapping in Mp3tag for

Tag: APEv2
Source: Album Artist
Target: ALBUMARTIST

to create a field that is compatible with foobar2000.

Reply #3
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the information.