Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Tools-SMP (Read 63123 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Tools-SMP

Reply #175
Short answer: yes I would love to do that.

Long:
I can only support the variables output by their binaries.

Compiling essentia requires unix or docker (*), I don't have access to them so can't do it myself. Essentia compiled with GAIA would also give moods, genres, etc. with machine learning models but there are no official binaries yet. I have already contacted the devs without luck... maybe if more people ask for it, they will release them.

https://github.com/MTG/essentia/issues/1265
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/acousticbrainz-submissions-data-dumps-and-next-steps/589843

Check the json file, those are the only variables output right now.

(*) It's supposed you can do it on Win, but so far no one has been able to do it yet XD

Reply #176
Naive me, I thought that there will be all available by default  ;D

If it is possible to build it from Linux I have no problem to do it if you guide me.

Edit:

I found this https://essentia.upf.edu/installing.html instructions

What options need to be enabled?

Use these (optional) flags:

--with-python to build with Python bindings,

--with-examples to build command line extractors based on the library,

--with-vamp to build Vamp plugin wrapper,

--with-gaia to build with Gaia support,

--with-tensorflow to build with TensorFlow support,

--mode=debug to build in debug mode,

--with-cpptests to build cpptests

Once configured, there is an option to Cross-compiling for Windows on Linux

Reply #177
Naive me, I thought that there will be all available by default  ;D

If it is possible to build it from Linux I have no problem to do it if you guide me.

Edit:

I found this https://essentia.upf.edu/installing.html instructions

what option needs to be enable?

Use these (optional) flags:

--with-python to build with Python bindings,

--with-examples to build command line extractors based on the library,

--with-vamp to build Vamp plugin wrapper,

--with-gaia to build with Gaia support,

--with-tensorflow to build with TensorFlow support,

--mode=debug to build in debug mode,

--with-cpptests to build cpptests

Once configured there is a option to Cross-compiling for Windows on Linux
I think this will do:

2.1 beta5 Cross-compiling for windows.
--with-gaia
--with-examples

I could then link the ML models to the binary and test if it works.

Reply #178
I can build it without gaia, but every time I try to enable it, the compilation fails.

Reply #179
I suppose you have to install gaia first too (?)
https://github.com/MTG/essentia/issues/664

https://gist.github.com/daniele-athome/3f7c3c241e7483e7b6454a9229031ca5

https://github.com/MTG/gaia

Then compile essentia with gaia. Essentia dependencies installation step doesn't include gaia.

Reply #180
Yeah I saw that.

The master branch of gaia didn't build in ubuntu 22.04 (not qt4 available, only qt5 and qt6)
I managed to build and install the qt5 branch..
Now going to build essentia.
The script install didn't use my installation of gaia. It try to build the 2.4.6-86-ged433ed (hardcoded) and fail.
I hack this around to version qt5 and I build the gaia part of the script.
But again at building time didn't find the qt5 libs when linking the exes.

Without gaia compile without problem (linux and windows)

I take a look at this docker, maybe i found some clue.

Reply #181
No luck.
Installing the qt4 dev files from the ppa that used the dockerfile pass the previous crashes but another one popup. This one related with a libav library that is not avaible in the repos anymore. Messing around with libav is not a good idea. I tried in the past and the result was a broken install.
I will try tomorrow, installing ubuntu 20.04 in a spare partition. In theory, this one have the correct versions.

Reply #182
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.10
v3.0.0-beta.10 - Hotfix
@regorxxx regorxxx released this 9 minutes ago
v3.0.0-beta.10
f810096

There may be a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
PREVIOUS BUTTONS CONFIG (<3.0.0) WILL BE LOST ON UPGRADE DUE TO A CHANGE ON PROPERTIES
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Other Tools\Write tags: added menu entry to invert tools selected.
    Other Tools\Write tags: pressing shift while clicking on a tool will disable the other tools and enable only the selected one.
    Search by Distance: graph variable 'Exclude any track with graph distance greater than (only GRAPH method' was not being parsed properly when set to a string.
    Buttons: crash when trying to move a button when only a single button script was loaded on the panel.
    Search by distance: Updated to match v2.2.2 release.

See v3.0.0-beta.8 release info: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.8

@paregistrase thanks for your help. Hope it works at some point

Reply #183
I tried in ubuntu 20.04.

the linux version build without problems.

The cross-compiling to windows still fails.

Code: [Select]
[303/303] Compiling essentia.pc.in
[306/415] Linking build/src/examples/essentia_standard_beatsmarker.exe
[308/415] Linking build/src/examples/essentia_standard_fadedetection.exe
[309/415] Linking build/src/examples/essentia_standard_mfcc.exe
[311/415] Linking build/src/examples/essentia_standard_onsetrate.exe
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: no se puede encontrar -lQtCore
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: no se puede encontrar -ldl
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Reply #184
I can't build the static windows binaries with gaia support.
Are you sure that this option is supported?
In the debian 3party script there is an option to build gaia that also build qt.
But in the win32 one there is no present. In one of the installation instruction pages (maybe old) said that --with-gaia can be gives as option when making the 3paty_static_win32 but is not present in the script
#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -e
BASEDIR=$(dirname $0)
cd $BASEDIR/win32_3rdparty
rm -rf bin dynamic include lib share

./build_eigen3.sh
./build_fftw3.sh
./build_lame.sh
./build_ffmpeg.sh
./build_libsamplerate.sh
./build_zlib.sh
./build_taglib.sh
./build_yaml.sh
./build_chromaprint.sh

rm -rf bin dynamic share

In the debian one is there

#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -e
BASEDIR=$(dirname $0)
cd $BASEDIR/debian_3rdparty
./build_eigen3.sh
./build_fftw3.sh
./build_lame.sh
./build_ffmpeg.sh
./build_libsamplerate.sh
./build_zlib.sh
./build_taglib.sh
./build_yaml.sh
./build_chromaprint.sh

#!/usr/bin/env bash
if [[ "$*" == *--with-gaia* ]]
    then
        ./build_qt.sh
        ./build_gaia.sh
        rm -rf mkspecs plugins translations
fi

if [[ "$*" == *--with-tensorflow* ]]
    then
        ./build_tensorflow.sh
fi

rm -rf bin share

Reply #185
The linux static binaries build --witn-gaia but this is not useful for  you, right?
For windows, I can only build static .exes without gaia. They are build with last git source, so they are newer than the ones available for download. Tell me if you want them.
I test the stractor an key with your script and they wok fine.

Reply #186
Are you sure that this option is supported?
Yep. 100% sure. No wonder there are not other binaries out there, there are dozens of issues opened on github about building essentia XD

The linux static binaries build --witn-gaia but this is not useful for  you, right?
For windows, I can only build static .exes without gaia. They are build with last git source, so they are newer than the ones available for download. Tell me if you want them.
I test the stractor an key with your script and they wok fine.
Can't do anything with them since the idea is running the binaries along foobar, so even for unix users it's limited to windows binaries within wine. Maybe opening an issue on github could help?

I will continue annoying the AcousticBrainz team to release their own binaries...

Reply #187
Yep. 100% sure. No wonder there are not other binaries out there, there are dozens of issues opened on github about building essentia XD

This repo need an urgent clean-up..
With modern ffmpeg/livAv qnd qt neither linux nor windows build up, so no shared builds.
To build with shared libs you need libraries from 2020, (and for qt even older) but in this situation the windows cross-compile doesn't work because lame 3.10 doesn't compile with the old  libs.
Only option is static builds against static dependencies, but there is not static dependencies for gaia and qt for windows cross compiling.
Total chaos.
Beyond the binaries that they distribute, you only can build static binaries with gaia for linux.

Can't do anything with them since the idea is running the binaries along foobar, so even for unix users it's limited to windows binaries within wine. Maybe opening an issue on github could help?

I will continue annoying the AcousticBrainz team to release their own binaries...

Or some guidance to build them.

Reply #188
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.11
v3.0.0-beta.11 - Hotfix
@regorxxx regorxxx released this 1 minute ago
v3.0.0-beta.11
7f7862e

PREVIOUS BUTTONS CONFIG (<3.0.0) WILL BE LOST ON UPGRADE DUE TO A CHANGE ON PROPERTIES
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Minor additions to Search by distance custom button (see below).
    Multiple fixes to Search by distance custom button (see below).
    Search by distance: Updated to match v2.2.3 release.

See v3.0.0-beta8 release info: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.8

Reply #189
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.12

v3.0.0-beta.12 - Hotfix
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 2 minutes
v3.0.0-beta.12
431d7a0

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Minor additions to Search by distance custom button (see below).
    Added a reset menu entry to Search by distance custom button (see below).
    Search by distance: Updated to match v2.2.4 release.

See v3.0.0-beta8 release info: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.8

Reply #190
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.13
v3.0.0-beta.13 - Similar artists improvements
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 2 minutes
v3.0.0-beta.13
8fe1f5f

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Search by distance: Added diagrams explaining the design logic of similar artists calculation.
    Search by distance: Added 'Dembow' and 'Renaissance Rock', along their influences, to descriptors.
    Search by distance: Greatly improved Similar artists feature with better filtering and weighting of tracks.
    Reduced console logging at startup.
    Switched all callbacks to event listeners.
    Updated Picard AcousticBrainz presets with fixes to output when values used scientific notation and other weird situations.
    Workaround for some instances where the scripts would warn about some feature not being supported by the OS (due to an OS or SMP bug).
    Search by distance: Updated to match v2.3.0 release.

Reply #191
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.14
v3.0.0-beta.14 - Search by distance update and Dynamic queries Latest
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 12 hours
v3.0.0-beta.14
547590c

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Added a few new default dynamic queries to menu. Cover versions, acoustic versions, >2 rated tacks by artist. (may need to restore defaults on the menu to enable it)
    Search by distance: Added 'User descriptors' readme.
    Search by distance: User file has been moved to profile folder at 'js_data/helpers/music_graph_descriptors_xxx_user.js'.
    Search by distance: All style/genres on the graph use now ASCII only values, so it should be easier to match any value to them if required.
    Search by distance: Default genre and style tags use now '$ascii()' TF function. This will ensure a match when using accents, etc. See change above. On previous installations, change tags to (without quotes): '$ascii(%genre%)' & '$ascii(%style%)'
    Search by distance: After tag remapping, a popup asks to rebuild the cache.
    Search by distance: Improved graph links cache asynchronous calculation.
    Fixed console logging to file (lines were not being split properly).
    Search by distance: Updated to match v3.0.0 release.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Reply #192
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.15
v3.0.0-beta.15 -Playlist locks Latest
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 12 hours
v3.0.0-beta.15
868817e

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

New menu entries at Playlist manipulation to lock/unlock playlists. Currently switches 'add, remove, replace and reorder' locks (all at once). Use Playlist-Manager-SMP for a fine-grained control of lock types. Note playlist locked by other components or main program can not be edited via SMP.
    Minor improvements to word lists within popups in some instances. Now split in new lines after X elements.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Reply #193
Someone asked for a 10 random albums pool here, which is trivial with Pools on this script.
Check attachment, import as user preset. Execution time is 1 sec on 70K tracks.

Sort is random (currently as ""), use "%playlist_index%" as sort to have albums joined in groups.

Reply #194
It's me again :) Fortunately this is the last problem that I have encountered :)
So, I play songs on Spotify (I can see the scrobbles on my lastFM profile, or inside foobar using the enhanced playback statistics component). I have the same songs (artist-title-album-year) on my pc, but when I use :
Playlist Tools - Most Played Tracks from ... From Last... 5 DAYS (or 1,2,3,4 DAYS)     ------ there is no result, no song played on Spotify appears in playlist.
For songs that I play inside foobar everything seems ok, the playlist is populated with songs. It seems only this part, the songs played outside foobar, doesn't work.

For example, these 2 songs (played on Spotify, but also present in library, they have the same Artist, Title, Album)
Birdy - Quietly Yours
Gestört aber GeiL; Anna Grey - Thank You (this has multiple artists, after it's played it will appear : Gestört aber GeiL - Thank You, on LastFm).

Also, LastFm scrobbles (from Enhanced playback statistics component for these 2 songs)
2022-09-02 21:28:26, 2022-09-08 15:48:23, 2022-10-20 12:25:58, 2022-10-20 12:29:54, 2022-10-20 12:33:46, 2022-10-20 12:38:30, 2022-10-20 12:42:51, 2022-10-20 12:46:47

2022-10-10 21:05:55, 2022-10-10 21:11:59, 2022-10-17 21:39:04, 2022-10-17 21:43:19, 2022-10-17 21:46:40, 2022-10-17 21:50:33

Reply #195
It's not a problem, I simply don't support scrobbles XD so you are in fact making a request.

Fortunately for you, the "problem" lies in the filtering step (I don't check the entire library, but just tracks played on last X period with %LAST_PLAYED% but not %LASTFM_LAST_PLAYED%). Scrobbles support was built-in when counting "PLAYED_TIMES" when I designed it. So just a one line change should enable full scrobbles support. Let me know :)

%first_played_enhanced% - Single date, earliest value of either %first_played% or %lastfm_first_played%
%last_played_enhanced% - Single date, latest value of either %last_played% or %lastfm_last_played%
It seems these are the tags which I should have used in any case which covers both.

Reply #196
Ooops, sorry. Yes, now I remember, Most Played Tracks from  DAYS, WEEKS was added later...so indeed I'm making a request, the lastFM part was not supported :) Well, at least my intervention wasn't totally wrong and I made a decent request :) Yes, I tested the file and it's working, thanks a lot.

Reply #197
As a side consequence, have updated other tools to account for scrobbles:
- Top Rated Tracks from...: now use the greater value between play count and Last.Fm play count for sorting to account for scrobbles. i.e. '$max(%PLAY_COUNT%,%LASTFM_PLAY_COUNT%)'.
- Most played Tracks...: now use the greater value between play count and Last.Fm play count for sorting to account for scrobbles. i.e. '$max(%PLAY_COUNT%,%LASTFM_PLAY_COUNT%)'.
- Most Played Tracks from...: now also includes scrobbles from Last.Fm. So in case tracks have been played at Spotify or other players, as long as scrobbles as synced by 'Enhanced playback statistics' plugin, those tracks are considered eligible the same than any track played within Foobar2000.

Also on playlist Manager, XSP playlists (from Kodi) now convert counts and last played tags to the enhanced counterpart when foo_enhanced_statistics is installed to cover both use-cases.

Reply #198

This repo need an urgent clean-up..
With modern ffmpeg/livAv qnd qt neither linux nor windows build up, so no shared builds.
To build with shared libs you need libraries from 2020, (and for qt even older) but in this situation the windows cross-compile doesn't work because lame 3.10 doesn't compile with the old  libs.
Only option is static builds against static dependencies, but there is not static dependencies for gaia and qt for windows cross compiling.
Total chaos.
Beyond the binaries that they distribute, you only can build static binaries with gaia for linux.

Or some guidance to build them.

Have received a reply which addresses in part the problems compiling GAIA:
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/acousticbrainz-submissions-data-dumps-and-next-steps/589843/9?u=isabelxxx

Reply #199

Have received a reply which addresses in part the problems compiling GAIA:
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/acousticbrainz-submissions-data-dumps-and-next-steps/589843/9?u=isabelxxx

There is an Update static builds for Qt 5.15.6 but only for debian_3rdparty.
The win32 build script still lack support for gaia, qt or tensorflow.
Maybe the gaia 2.4.7 release (or new updates) changes that.....