Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to fix the APE files with checksum error? (Read 4222 times) previous topic - next topic

How to fix the APE files with checksum error?

I have some APE files and I want to convert them into MP3 format. But the software remind me "checksum error" message. Is there any way for me to fix the APE files? Or is there any other way to let me convert these "broken" to MP3 files without repair? Thank you in advance!

Reply #1
Sorry to bump this rather old topic but I'm having the same problem and I wasn't able to find an answer to the problem. I tried Foobar2000 0.9, Monkey's Audio and even dBpowerAMP Music Converter but all give an error without continuing. Is there a tool available that can repear ape files? It's mainly speech so it doesn't matter that much if it creates a click or something.

Reply #2
I don't believe so, since Monkey's Audio has no error robustness. Use another format next time.