Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #5] From: How do you listen to an ABX test? (Read 8266 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #5] From: How do you listen to an ABX test?

Reply #26
Well, they have a popular web site and that makes everything they say right, eh? It is on the web so it has to be true...

Well, you seem to have a blind devotion to blind testing, so you are an evangelist of sorts.

Of course you're wrong there. It is all about the right tool for the job, and sometimes the right tool is a DBT and sometimes it is a sighted evaluation. It is all about knowing when.

Whatever you need to say to convince yourself. You're as much of a hard-core evangelist for blind testing as the believers are for 'hearing things' - just on opposite sides of the fence.

BTW nice deflection of the critical points I raised about Audioholics.

Yes, but those are your biases talking Arnold.

Reply #27
You need to take your meds.

I do. It is a beta blocker. If I take more I go to sleep.

What is your excuse?

Arnold, someone like Gene seems a lot more open to reasonable discussion on the topic of blind testing. He seems like a reasonable person based on the posts I've read and can listen to people. You on the other hand tend to browbeat people into believing your way and are terribly argumentative. There is no restraint on your side. Gene doesn't have a need to throw insults into every second reply. He is better than that.

Reply #28
Who do you think he could be?

I'm not sure but I think we can rule out Arny as he just doesn't have the self-restraint to reply to my post on Audiholics without some major vitriol.
I think you can rule out AJ, greynol on this basis too.
I reckon it's pdq, or saratoga but I really don't know as the atmosphere here is so acrid that it seems to bring out a lynch mob mentality & that changes people's demeanour.
Look at the difference in posting style of AJ between here & Audiocircle

Reply #29
Arnold, someone like Gene seems a lot more open to reasonable discussion on the topic of blind testing.

Rich, you are in no position to judge who might be an informed person to discuss perceptual testing. No more so than better physicist, mathematician, etc.
Now I admit Gene is the better fit for your audiophile brain than say, JJ, who of course, flew intellectually a country mile over your head.
Don't feel bad or (fake) insulted. You can't run as fast as Usain Bolt either. It's just the nature of these things.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #30
Look at the difference in posting style of AJ between here & Audiocircle

Let me guess Amir...excuse me, John, "tone" has ruined it again. You can't answer any hard questions, like on what basis should someone try/buy your DAC regardless of return policy...because AJ is soo mean.
John, if the "organic" sounds of your peeking daydreams failed to manifest themselves during a(your) ears only test, you would have only yourself to blame, not the test.
Adults understand this.
Loudspeaker manufacturer