Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4575457 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7625
Any chance of implementing support within the CUI status pane for global variables and also for the special titleformat values such as the ones below?
Code: [Select]
$get_global(myvalue)
%_system_year%
%_system_month%
%_system_day%
I would need the latter to calculate how long ago a track was played. Works fine in CUI playlist columns, but not within the status pane.

Reply #7626
Can't make any promises, but they both sound like reasonable requests to me 🙂

Reply #7627
Sorry, there is not currently a way to control that padding. It should be marginally increased in the next version if you are using a display scaling factor (DPI) greater than 100%, though.
I'm somewhat confused here.

Do you want to expand the blue highlight to the edges? If so, that's weird, because for me it uses 100% of the available horizontal space by default (it does not get cut off on the sides). Maybe a PSS thing, not sure.

Do you want to increase spacing on the left and right of the text, so it's more centered? Should be doable by adding spaces to the display settings of playlist switcher. Will break search by typing.

Do you want to just increase the separation between different UI elements? You can set the divider length for CUI or there are padding settings when using the Panel Stack Splitter component.

You could also try the Playlist Organizer component, maybe it'll be more to your liking.

Hey guys. Is there any chance this can be done now? I just mean the blue highlights. See iTunes for reference, which has a lot more padding.

Reply #7628
Is there any way to lock the whole UI being resized without using foo_ui_hacks? Locking panels and stuff still lets me resize.

Reply #7629
Is there any way to lock the whole UI being resized without using foo_ui_hacks? Locking panels and stuff still lets me resize.
I think width of 0 does that

Reply #7630
Under Layout, click on the "Misc" tab and deselect the box for "Allow resizing of locked panels".
It's a bit finicky - you might need to lock other panels around the one you want locked. I'd also avoid locking the Playlist view since the columns won't scale if you do that.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7631
I failed to find this with Google and I'm too lazy to go check sources: Is Columns UI supposed to show selected state for custom buttons added to the UI? I have components that show selection mark next to them in the main menu when they are enabled, but when added as textual button to the UI only their name is shown and not the state. Debugger shows that Columns UI doesn't even query the state when button is clicked.

Reply #7632
It doesn't, as it needs a notification when the state of the button changes when the command is invoked by another method (e.g. if the menu command is clicked, the button needs to update) which I don't think there's a generic method to find out.

However, the uie::button service can be implemented to make it work. ShowGroupsButton in the Columns UI source in button_items.h/button_items.cpp is an example (ShowGroupsButton::s_on_change() is called when the state changes).

Reply #7633
Any idea why playlist tooltips don't display correctly under linux/wine?

See the attached image, upper is Columns UI playlist, lower is EsPlaylist.

Reply #7635
When playing something from the "Filter" panel it doesn't seem to follow playback order at the start, it will always play the first song in the playlist even if you have shuffle enabled.

Is there some setting I can change to make it shuffle from the start?

Reply #7636
What are you clicking on or pressing to start playback of something from the Filter panel? The things that come to mind all seem to respect shuffle from a quick check.

Reply #7637
What are you clicking on or pressing to start playback of something from the Filter panel? The things that come to mind all seem to respect shuffle from a quick check.
I double click on the Comedy genre for example to send it to playlist and start playing, it will always start on the first song "Another One Rides The Bus".
After that song is finished playing though it will start to shuffle songs, when I play something from the Albums list panel it will shuffle the first song as well.

Reply #7638
Literally no way to fix that, other than programming it to use the "Play Random Track" option when a shuffler is enabled. Debatable whether the UI should implement it this way, or whether the player itself should try to handle this.

Reply #7639
Do you have 'Playback/Playback follows cursor' turned on?

Reply #7642
Do you have 'Playback/Playback follows cursor' turned on?
I do, yeah.
What's happening is that Columns UI is focusing the first item, but that's causing playback follows cursor to play it. I'll change the behaviour.

I have 2 monitors  3440 x 1440 and 3840 x 2160
[...]
is it possible to fix scalling and left panel
Do you mean can the the left part be stopped from resizing or do you mean can per-monitor DPI be supported?

Reply #7643
When playing something from the "Filter" panel it doesn't seem to follow playback order at the start, it will always play the first song in the playlist even if you have shuffle enabled.

Is there some setting I can change to make it shuffle from the start?

The way I see it, the file you chose to play plays. Since the first track is selected by default it plays. If you manually select another one then that plays. If you want playback to start at a random location you need to press the random button/hotkey.
Although I can only start playback by clicking a playlist. Double Clicking on any of the filters doesn't start playback. So I don't know how you even start playback... At most the cover art thumbnails blink, I guess they're reloaded.

Reply #7644
I came here to ask for help with an error message. The good news is that I think I've now resolved it, and I'm reporting a bug instead.

One of my buttons accidentally had the Hot image set to "Custom" under Buttons options, but without a path to an image specified. This had the consequence that when exporting the Columns UI configuration with the "Any foobar2000 installation" option specified, this error was presented:

Code: [Select]
Error exporting layout preset "Default" - Error reading file "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\" : Object not found

... as you can imagine, leading to quite a lot of confusion as to what the problem actually was.
I eventually figured out the cause when I noticed that the "This foobar2000 installation" option still worked fine, and I looked up that the only difference between the two options (afaik) was whether or not button images were embedded inside the file, which led me back to checking over my button configurations and discovering where I had goofed.
Anyway, either a more specific error message or having the Buttons configuration disallow an empty field for a Custom image would be useful going forwards.

Thanks for all the hard work on Columns UI.

Reply #7645
Columns UI 1.6.0

If a non multi-value field like TITLE* (ID3v2.4: TIT2) contains a semicolon, the semicolon is displayed as a comma.
One may use either %title% or $meta(title) as column script.
In order to have the field value correctly displayed, it's necessary to use $meta_sep(title,; ) as script.

* No, TITLE not defined as multi-value in Preferences > Advanced > Display > Propertied dialog > Multivalue fields.

p.s. I often use "; " (instead of "and") in the TITLE field and somehow never noticed this before. Just in case, installed both 1.4.1 and 1.3.0 and the behaviour was the same.

Reply #7646
I came here to ask for help with an error message. The good news is that I think I've now resolved it, and I'm reporting a bug instead.

Thanks, that must've been baffling. Both of those suggestions sound good to me, I'll see what can be done.

Columns UI 1.6.0

If a non multi-value field like TITLE* (ID3v2.4: TIT2) contains a semicolon, the semicolon is displayed as a comma.
In order to have the field value correctly displayed, it's necessary to use $meta_sep(title,; ) as script.

* No, TITLE not defined as multi-value in Preferences > Advanced > Display > Propertied dialog > Multivalue fields.

p.s. I often use "; " (instead of "and") in the TITLE field and somehow never noticed this before. Just in case, installed both 1.4.1 and 1.3.0 and the behaviour was the same.
This was discussed relatively recently: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=28647.msg984227#msg984227

The setting mentioned is indicated as being for the Properties dialog, and I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't believe third-party components have access to it.

I'll have a think about what can be done to improve the situation...

Reply #7647

Columns UI 1.6.0

This was discussed relatively recently: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=28647.msg984227#msg984227

The setting mentioned is indicated as being for the Properties dialog, and I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't believe third-party components have access to it.

I'll have a think about what can be done to improve the situation...

Just read the mentioned topic.
Since I have many, many titles with ";", I'll use $meta_sep(title,; ) as column script to circumvent the issue for now.
Thank you.

Reply #7648
I don't know if this is a Columns UI question or more of a general Foobar question. How do you change the colors of the buttons/panel borders/status bar? I can't seem to find any options for those. Changing Windows to dark mode also doesn't change it.

Here's an example with my setup. It's mostly dark themed, except the dividers, scrollbars, buttons etc. are all light.
X
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7649
I don't know if this is a Columns UI question or more of a general Foobar question. How do you change the colors of the buttons/panel borders/status bar? I can't seem to find any options for those. Changing Windows to dark mode also doesn't change it.

Here's an example with my setup. It's mostly dark themed, except the dividers, scrollbars, buttons etc. are all light.
[attach type=thumb]18178[/attach]

I am Spanish and I use google translate.
Your question is totally logical. I also had it several years ago and I did not stop until I got it. It is impossible to explain in a message how I got it. The first thing is to have extensive programming knowledge. I will give you some general tips:
- You have to use the Panel stack splitter component that allows you to program scripts to your liking.
- According to your foobar I can give you easy tips to blacken it a little.
- You can mount the Album List panel, Playlist View, Buttons components on a stack splitter panel and resize the panel so that the scrollbars are hidden on the right and not visible. You can also remove column headings in settings. They can also remove the white trim from the panels. Buttons (with transparent background) can have a dark background.
The rest of things is more complex. It took me a year to get it. Here is my foobar in case it helps you.