Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Voice modifying apps not working in VSTHost (Read 2047 times) previous topic - next topic

Voice modifying apps not working in VSTHost

Until about 2 weeks ago I had not heard of VST and the wonderful world of free apps provided to bend sound. I am using VSTHost and doing OK twiddling dials and experimenting, but I am a visual artist (www.ffitz.com & www.ozart.us) and have no background as musician or technician, so the results are quite unpredictable. But, so far, with most of the apps I am getting results (I hear music or blips when I press a key or otherwise activate sound waves). However, with vocoder and pitch correction apps that are designed to work with a "taped" wave file, I am flumoxed - I can listen to the wav file on the player, but the sound modifying apps have no effect on the output at all. At http://goodlight.net/graphics/03/vsthost-voice.png you can see KeroVee Pitch Corrector loaded in my VSTHost, but failing to "correct" anything. Perhaps you can spot the problem or suggest some config settings I should tweak.

Thanks in advance from an old babe-in-the-sonic-woods.