Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beginner Question, shn/eac? (Read 2333 times) previous topic - next topic

Beginner Question, shn/eac?

Greetings,
Just a quick question concerning shn. files and EAC

I have a couple Grateful Dead shows in shn. file formats on audio cd's and I was wondering if I need to rip these with eac in any way?

or can I just copy the folders off the disc onto my hard drive and convert them to wav. files with with foobar2000, which I then would just burn them DAO with an audio burner.

I just wasn't sure because I know with EAC you use real cd's, I just have shn files on a cd. I'm still looking for an exact copy, I just want the wav. files to be the as the shn files uncompressed with out any gaps on an audio cd.

Much Obliged,
Nathan

Reply #1
no need for EAC, you could just let foobar2k convert them directly from the CD onto your hard drive as wavs. You don't have to copy the files to the computer first, but it won't hurt anything if you do, just an extra step.

Reply #2
Just copy the files. If the disks/riles qre broken and cannot be copied, EAC won't help you. Only  audio CD can be ripped, what you have is actually a data disk.

Edit: too slow ...

Reply #3
Alright then, thanks alot for both of your answers. I greatly appreciate it!

Reply #4
no need for EAC, you could just let foobar2k convert them directly from the CD onto your hard drive as wavs.

You better make sure foobar2k doesn't try to do more than one track at the same time when converting files from optical media.