Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ideas on real time noise reduction? (Read 2206 times) previous topic - next topic

ideas on real time noise reduction?

Hi
I am looking for ways to perform real time noise reduction for speech signals, but in a highly resource constrained DSP chip
I have been looking at many algorithms and some of them are quite good when implemented in computer and tested using wav files
but they are too large and/or resource consuming for real time implementation
I have been looking at all kinds of algorithms and scientific papers but now I am almost out of ideas
The best approach I have seen so far is to calculate a noise estimate and then use spectral subtraction type methods
I have been checking out different types of implementations but none of them are best for me and now I am not sure about to try next
Any ideas ?
Thank you very much

ideas on real time noise reduction?

Reply #1
I have no relevant commentary to give you, but I'm going to move this to "Scientific Discussion" as it's a bit more appropriate than "General Audio".