Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Seaching for a cd changer and ripper (Read 5053 times) previous topic - next topic

Seaching for a cd changer and ripper

'm new to ripping MP3's . I have over 1700 audio cd's that I would like rip to my hard drive and gather cddb info, but this will take a very long time. Is there any way to rip several cds at once or at the very least load 50 -100 cd's into a changer and walk away until the ripping is complete.

I have looked at RipDigital, but the posting on this service at this site have not been very favorable. I have looked a few high end audio products  that allows the user to connect a audio changer to the media recoding device but these devices go for nearly $4K.

Is there any other audo device/ software out there that might allow for mass ripping? What do radio stations use?

Reply #1
RipDigital.com has improved quite a bit now.  They now use FedEx and they send you all the packing materials and include insurance.  They also now allow you to send in custom encoding options IE: AAC, WMA, FLAC, AIFF, OGG, MPC, LAME MP3 ect.  They will even preload all your cd's to a brand new iPod if you want!  I used their service to to rip 185 CD's to Lame 3.96 --alt-preset standard

Reply #2
RipDigital.com has improved quite a bit now.  They now use FedEx and they send you all the packing materials and include insurance.  They also now allow you to send in custom encoding options IE: AAC, WMA, FLAC, AIFF, OGG, MPC, LAME MP3 ect.  They will even preload all your cd's to a brand new iPod if you want!  I used their service to to rip 185 CD's to Lame 3.96 --alt-preset standard
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300354"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My company, Awaken (www.awaken.com) offers this service as well.  You'll find our prices are extremely competitive when compared to similar services.  Our prices include:

- FedEx Shipping
- Insurance for the CD collection the entire time it is outside of your possession
- Professional CD repair
- DVD Backup of your digital library
- Tagging w/ Folder Art
- Free NAS/Hard Drive/iPod loading

We also have options for purchasing storage, iPods, binders, and even jewel case recycling.

We'd love to do a great job for you.  You can contact me directly at cmorace@awaken.com or call us at 877-385-2076.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply #3
Alternatively, if you have lots of money you can invest in the Pioneer DRM-7000, a multi-disc, multi-drive automatic CD changer.  Can have between 370-720 discs, and 2-16 drives.  720 discs is approximately 3TB using single-layer DVD-R/RW's.

Re: Seaching for a cd changer and ripper

Reply #4
Does anyone know if this is possible. Are the Pioneer DRM units able to be configured for cd ripping?

Alternatively, if you have lots of money you can invest in the Pioneer DRM-7000, a multi-disc, multi-drive automatic CD changer.  Can have between 370-720 discs, and 2-16 drives.  720 discs is approximately 3TB using single-layer DVD-R/RW's.

Reply #5
[DELETED]  I realized I was replying to a very old post.

Reply #6
'm new to ripping MP3's . I have over 1700 audio cd's that I would like rip to my hard drive and gather cddb info, but this will take a very long time. Is there any way to rip several cds at once or at the very least load 50 -100 cd's into a changer and walk away until the ripping is complete.

I have looked at RipDigital, but the posting on this service at this site have not been very favorable. I have looked a few high end audio products  that allows the user to connect a audio changer to the media recoding device but these devices go for nearly $4K.

Is there any other audio device/ software out there that might allow for mass ripping? What do radio stations use?

I currently rip using 6 copies of EAC running concurrently under Windows 10. The limit to number of drives you can install is virtually unlimited.

While most motherboards have from 2 to 6 SATA ports which limits the number of optical drives to from 1 to 5,  SATA PCI and PCI-E  cards can provide up to 8 additional ports each.  USB optical drives raise the count even further.

The practical limit to the number of drives that does any good is how fast you can load the drives with new discs.

USB drives connected via USB hubs or concentrators seems to work just fine, so the sky seems to be the limit!