Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Alternative to lyrics plugin with WSH panel mod and minilyrics (Read 4572 times) previous topic - next topic

Alternative to lyrics plugin with WSH panel mod and minilyrics

This is a small tutorial for people who are unhappy with current state of foo_uie_lyrics3.
It requires WSH panel mod, Lyric Show Modoki script by tomato111 and MiniLyrics.
Unfortunately it's not 100% automated but personally for me it's not a big deal.

1. Download the script from here ( Google translated link), guthub link
2. Extract the file and 'import' folder into your foobar profile folder at %appdata%
3. Add a new WSH panel to your configuration and paste the contents of Lyric Show Modoki.js into it
4. Detailed instructions can be found on his blog (first link). The script is very customizable.
5. If you already have lyrics (either in a file or in tags LYRICS/UNSYNCED LYRICS) but the panel displays just a pink dot, go to your profile folder and in file LargeFieldsConfig.txt set defaultMetaMax= to 20000 or so.
This should be the basic setup for displaying already existing lyrics. These are the steps on how to get synced lyrics with relative ease:
1. Right click in the WSH lyrics panel, choose properties and find Save.GetClipbord.AutoSaveTo and set the value to tag (or file, if you prefer saving .lrc files, don't forget to configure the paths).
2. Download and install MiniLyrics and install foobar plugin after the installation.
Note: MiniLyrics actually has an option to auto save lyrics to files, but for me it only works for unsynced lyrics.
3. Launch foobar and minilyrics, while minilyrics are in focus, open lyric editor (default CTRL+E, change it in settings to something easier, like C) and start your song in foobar. Minilyrics will find (or try to) synced lyrics and display them in its main window and the editor.
4. Clink in the editor, select all (CTRL+A), copy (CTRL+C), switch to your foobar and with WSH lyric panel in focus, paste (CTRL+V). The script will automatically save lyrics to an appropriate tag or file (either synced or not). You'll see a notification

That's it. Takes about 2 seconds, 2 clicks and 3 button presses (ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v) to add synced lyrics to a song.

Re: Alternative to lyrics plugin with WSH panel mod and minilyrics

Reply #1
I've got everything installed but I'm still getting a pink dot. The lyrics appear for one second then disappear. I've set the value to 20000 like you said but no difference.

Reply #2
I've got everything installed but I'm still getting a pink dot. The lyrics appear for one second then disappear. I've set the value to 20000 like you said but no difference.
Try increasing it further? That setting is lyrics size in bytes so if the song is long/lyrics contain a lot of characters the script doesn't load them.

Reply #3
Nope, still displaying a pink dot. Would having a different version of Minilyrics affect it? I couldn't access the website you linked in your post so I just got the latest available version on filehippo.

Reply #4
Nope, still displaying a pink dot. Would having a different version of Minilyrics affect it? I couldn't access the website you linked in your post so I just got the latest available version on filehippo.
Pink dot is not minilyrics related (latest version is 7.7.49 btw).

Try shift right clicking on the lyrics panel, choose properties and change Panel.Priority to whatever type of lyrics your prefer? For me it's Sync_Tag,Unsync_Tag,Sync_File,Unsync_File

Reply #5
@nikolai4ik. A shot in the dark:
Are you having 'lyrics' and 'unsynced lyrics' in the spam meta fields section of LargeFieldsConfig.txt?
If yes, your embedded lyrics will not be cached (see the explanation in the top of the file). Comment out the two lines with # . Restart.

Reply #6
Are you having 'lyrics' and 'unsynced lyrics' in the spam meta fields section of LargeFieldsConfig.txt?
If yes, your embedded lyrics will not be cached (see the explanation in the top of the file). Comment out the two lines with # . Restart.
I'm a fucking idiot, thank you. And thank you Nikolai4ik for the alternative in general

Reply #7
Strange, those are commented for me and I definitely didn't do it myself.

Reply #8
Strange, those are commented for me and I definitely didn't do it myself.
Indeed.
Here's an untouched LargeFieldsConfig.txt from a fresh, portable install of 1.3.9. The file is created the first time fb2k is executed.

Code: [Select]
# Any changes in this file will take effect on next foobar2000 startup.
# Note, size limit values are in UTF-8 bytes, not characters!
# Note, field names can be enclosed in quotation marks to include trailing spaces etc.
# Size limit for meta fields that appear in the basic fields list
basicMetaMax=2000
# Size limit for meta fields that do not appear in either list
defaultMetaMax=1000
# Size limit for tech info fields
infoMax=200

# List of basic meta fields - essential info such as artist & title
fieldBasic=album
fieldBasic=album artist
fieldBasic=artist
fieldBasic=composer
fieldBasic=conductor
fieldBasic=date
fieldBasic=discnumber
fieldBasic=genre
fieldBasic=keywords
fieldBasic=performer
fieldBasic=producer
fieldBasic=style
fieldBasic=title
fieldBasic=totaldiscs
fieldBasic=totaltracks
fieldBasic=tracknumber

# List of spam meta fields - rarely useful stuff that *never* gets cached
fieldSpam=accurate rip
fieldSpam=aucdtect
fieldSpam=biography
fieldSpam=cuesheet
fieldSpam=eac logfile
fieldSpam=itunes_cddb_1
fieldSpam=itunmovi
fieldSpam=log
fieldSpam=logfile
fieldSpam=lyrics
fieldSpam=unsynced lyrics

Reply #9
I am getting this error:

Error: WSH Panel Mod (Lyric Show Modoki): Error en tiempo de ejecución de Microsoft JScript:
El servidor de Automatización no puede crear el objeto
File: C:\Users\Juan Pablo\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\import\common\lib.js
Line: 157, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

Any ideas of how to solve it?

Reply #10
Are you trying to insert a script intended for WSH panel into a JScript panel by any chance?

Reply #11
@el-jaguar, you need to turn off safe mode in the WSH panel mod preferences.

@Daeron, the error message shows the component name.

I think you've focused on the bit says "Microsoft JScript" which is what everyone uses in WSH panel mod. Although it supports VBScript as well, I've never seen any kind of example posted here.

Reply #12
I actually accidentally pasted one into the wrong panel once and got a similar message (obviously there aren't many ways that error message will be different, but still), that's why I brought it up. But thanks for the clarification.

Reply #13
So... a year later, I discover the answer. Shame on me.

This time, I installed the script with no problems and it is excellent! Thanks a lot.