Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A way to list all new albums released by artists? (Read 4245 times) previous topic - next topic

A way to list all new albums released by artists?

A panel that scans your library and lists new albums released by artists with release dates.
So it saves you having to check up on artists to see if they have a new album out.
It simply lists all new albums by every artist alphabetically.

Has anyone implemented anything like this?

Nevermind found Marc2003's dicogs wsh panel mod config! Great work Marc I can't thank you enough.

Reply #1
you might also like the musicbrainz script. it sometimes contains releases that aren't on discogs.

Reply #2
Yep using it now, it's brilliant I'm using nearly all your wsh scripts, love the news scripts and the similar artist script, the thumbs script is amazing! I've totally scrapped biography view and used your scripts together. Just gotta make more buttons for the panels.

One thing it would be nice if you could align the thumbnails to the right aswell as the left (I want a hideable bio panel that would work better with thumbs on the right). Also anyway to make it default on to one picture everytime?

Reply #3
changing the thumbs alignment shouldn't be a problem. i need to make the whole thing a bit more flexible anyway. at the moment everything is hardcoded into place and i would like to make it easier to customise.

having a "default" picture for each artist is not so easy to implement. i'll have a think about it.

Reply #4
i love both scripts, musicbrainz as well as discogs
and as awesome as both scripts are, i'd like to offer two suggestion

first, any chance of including the type of release (cds, ep, 'proper' album,...)?

as for my second request, i'm fairly certain that the thing i want is not possible, but i ask anyway...
say i highlight an artist in a library viewer, would it be somehow possible for the the scripts to check the online databases as well as the library, compare them and throw them into two groups (present/missing) and, for example, display them in different colors?

Reply #5
first, any chance of including the type of release (cds, ep, 'proper' album,...)?

i did try this before but i got this comment so i removed it. i might consider putting it back as an option that can be enabled.

I think because you are showing master releases, there is no need for showing the format of the release, because although it could say "vinil" it shows only the format of the oldest release (and the country of the publisher), not the other ones.

as for your 2nd point, no chance. there simply is no way to query the library using WSH panel mod.

Reply #6
Marc your last.fm biography mod script is killing foobar2000 startup time, it's gone from 4 seconds to 19

Code: [Select]
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs v6.2013-03-03.01 by marc2003): initialized in 59 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Biography mod v6.2013-03-06.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nate\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"

Just updated your script and it's back to 4 seconds now, I like the new features grabbing from wiki and changing font size, also I see you enabled right alignment for the thumbs, thanks! That's great, I love the fact these can be updated and are easily customizable.

Watching: F:\
Filter Panel - A-Z: initialised in 0.143 s
Filter Panel - Album Artist: initialised in 0.209 s
Filter Panel - Album Artist: initialised in 0.204 s
Filter Panel - Genre: initialised in 0.190 s
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs v6.2013-03-03.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nate\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs v6.2013-03-03.01 by marc2003): initialized in 17 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Biography mod v6.2013-03-06.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nate\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Biography mod v6.2013-03-06.01 by marc2003): initialized in 4 ms
WSH Panel Mod ({54C5B820-BAEA-469F-9CB4-06E68F34FBB9}): initialized in 0 ms
Refresh visuals
WSH Panel Mod ({1686DCF1-7031-4155-8E5B-5C704A3B9462}): initialized in 1 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Nyan Cat Seekbar v6.2013-03-15.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nate\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Nyan Cat Seekbar v6.2013-03-15.01 by marc2003): initialized in 5 ms
Seekbar: taking Direct2D1 path.
Seekbar: Frontend initialized.
Autoplaylists initialized in: 0:00.521380
"Last Played" : 0:00.229450
"Most Played" : 0:00.131973
"Never Played" : 0:00.159920
Graphic Equalizer: initialized (SSE support: 3)
Startup time : 0:04.716001
Opening track for playback: "F:\Soundtracks\District 9 - 2009\01 - Clinton Shorter - District 9.flac"

My girlfriend is using the nyan seekbar she loves it, I edited your script and changed it to a running sonic for fun.

Reply #7
Marc your last.fm biography mod script is killing foobar2000 startup time, it's gone from 4 seconds to 19
Just updated your script and it's back to 4 seconds now

i've never seen anything like that before. my foobar takes around 0.4s to startup and i have most of my scripts active in my layout.

edit: i forgot thumbs can take a second or 2 if there are loads of images in a folder. but it certainly won't affect most people using the default configuration of just 5 images in last.fm mode.

as you mentioned using right aligned thumbs, you should update because scrolling doesn't always work properly. i've just put up a fix for that.

Reply #8
i'm not quite sure i understand, why you removed the release types...i.e. i don't understand the quote you posted

and for the second thing: what about comparing a selection and musicbrainz/discogs? would that be possible?

Reply #9
to explain the quote, here is an example of some data returned by the discogs API....

"style" : ["Trip Hop", "Downtempo", "House"],
            "thumb" : "http://api.discogs.com/image/R-90-72613-1335282302.jpeg",
            "format" : ["Vinyl", "12\"", "EP", "33 \u2153 RPM"],
            "country" : "UK",
            "barcode" : ["5012983444462"],
            "uri" : "/Massive-Attack-Massive-Attack-EP/master/32631",
            "label" : ["Wild Bunch Records", "Circa"],
            "catno" : "WBRT 4",
            "year" : "1992",
            "genre" : ["Electronic"],
            "title" : "Massive Attack - Massive Attack E.P.",
            "resource_url" : "http://api.discogs.com/masters/32631",
            "type" : "master",
            "id" : 32631

from that, you'd think it was only a 12" vinyl release. but if you look on the full webpage here: http://www.discogs.com/Massive-Attack-Mass...EP/master/32631

Massive Attack E.P. ‎(12", EP)     Wild Bunch Records, Circa     WBRT 4, 614 698     UK     1992
    Massive Attack E.P. ‎(12", W/Lbl)     Wild Bunch Records     WBRT 4     UK     1992
    Massive Attack E.P. ‎(7", EP)     Wild Bunch Records     WBRS 4     UK     1992
    Massive Attack E.P. ‎(7", Promo, Spe)     Circa, Wild Bunch Records     114 698, WBRS 4     UK     1992
    Massive Attack E.P. ‎(CD, EP)     Wild Bunch Records, Circa     WBRX 4, 664 698     Europe     1992
    Massive Attack E.P. ‎(CD, EP, Dig)     Wild Bunch Records, Circa     WBRDG 4, 664 698     UK     1992

that's why it was considered pointless including it.

i can probably update the musicbrainz script though. alll that shows is album, single or EP and that could be more useful.

and no, i will not be mangling scripts together for comparisons.

Reply #10
thx, i get the problem now
if you got the time and will to update the musicbrainz script i really would appreciate the effort

and no, i will not be mangling scripts together for comparisons.

well, thx anyway for all the other stuff you did

Reply #12
Thanks for the updates it's much better, marc how are you loading foobar in 0.4 seconds? Is it because of my layout, it does have a lot of script in it I guess, or is default ui that much faster, also I have a pretty large database to load of nearly 100,000 files, my foobar loads instantly with only a few albums watching.

Reply #13
it's more likely the size of your collection and having filters and autoplaylists active. my collection is tiny by comparison - under 2000 tracks. 

Reply #14
I had a 5400rpm hard drive and upgraded to a 7200 that made quite a nice improvement in browsing. I don't mind the 4 second start up as it's worth it, 0.4 seconds would be nice though! Only 2000 tracks? You better have a good reason lol.

Reply #15
Only 2000 tracks? You better have a good reason lol.

funnily enough i just pruned a load of files recently that i don't listen to anymore. my collection is shrinking, not growing. 

Reply #16
Psh I just collect everything, I have things like the Flubber soundtrack all in FLAC too just for the hell of it, can never have too much music. I can't believe you have 2000 tracks, I have more than that on my ipod lol I thought you'd have tons being a foobar guy.