Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4578653 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7776
Hi musicmusic.
I couldn't find if this had been brought up already, though I'd be surprised if I was the first. Would you consider adding another Buttons panel Appearance option to turn off vertical edges/padding? I have two long rows of square black buttons, and would like to rid my otherwise dark interface of some unwelcome grey lines. The only way I know how to crack this nut is by using the sledgehammer that is changing Windows color settings.
Thanks.
I don't believe the buttons toolbar should have any padding built in. Is there another panel or toolbar to the right of them?

Reply #7777
If you configure a single button to use a massive solid black custom image, you can see the padding at the top/bottom here...

edit: setting "no edges" works for putting another button next to it. There is no padding between them.

Reply #7778
Hmm, thanks, so there is... Looks like I can get rid of it from a quick test.

Reply #7779
New to Columns UI and I'm experiencing a frustrating bug which is preventing me from being able to change one specific album's artwork, unless I change the name of the album. All other artwork for all other albums can be changed/updated/removed/etc. through usual means.

I have no idea where it's pulling the current artwork from - there are no hidden system files in the album directory. I've tried changing foobar preferences so that only embedded artwork is used, I've used mp3tag to verify embedded artwork for all files pertaining to the album in question, etc. I've tried reinstalling Columns UI to no avail - the only way this album will change artwork from the artwork currently displayed is by renaming the album. I suppose I can just add a space to the end of the album title for now, but I'd like to know if I'm missing something obvious, or if this is a known issue.

Reply #7780
It's unlikely to be a bug. Album art is retrieved using foobar2000 SDK methods so it must come from a pattern match in the main preferences or be embedded???

You can try the JScript Panel component in my signature. It can display exactly the same artwork using the same technique as CUI but when hovering your mouse over the panel, there is a always a tooltip that shows the path to the actual image.

After installing, it's available in Columns UI layout preferences. Once added, click the panel to open the Configuration window and select album art from the Samples menu.

Reply #7781
Figured it out after reinstalling foobar - had to do with the way the CUI-based theme Eole was caching album art, which I should've remembered from the initial prompt which explains everything when you first install it. Turns out if you're using Eole and want to update an album cover after it's already been cached, you have to right-click the album cover -> Settings... -> Refresh images cache.

Also just have to say CUI + Eole dark mode is amazing

Reply #7782
Columns UI 2.0.0 alpha 1 has been released. This version adds a dark mode on Windows 10 version 2004 and newer.

More details are available in the change log.

New beta versions of Album list panel, Console panel and the Columns UI SDK have also been released.

Downloads are available from https://yuo.be/ or GitHub.

Reply #7783
Thank you so much! foobar2000 looks PERFECT now!
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7786
Adding my profound thanks for the Dark Mode. :)) Even if the only change I see in my main profile is the title bar, it is glorious.

Now to bother that one panel's developer about its scroll bars…  O:)

Reply #7787
Now to bother that one panel's developer about its scroll bars…  O:)
If you're talking about the Album List panel, the latest beta for that on the ColumnsUI home page will work with dark mode.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7789
Message for Music Music:

Thank you very much for the new version of the columns UI component incorporating the dark mode.

I want to report a couple of small details that could be corrected:

1º/ Image 1. The options that allow configuring the background for selected item and inactive selected item have been disabled

2º/ Image 2. As a consequence, the item selected in Album List Panel is blurred and hinders a correct vision.

3º/ I have noticed that the configuration (FCL) does not record the values of the new element  album list: filter

Reply #7792
Dark mode forces theming for the Album list panel tree view, and that prevents those two colours from being changed (they are instead defined as bitmaps in the visual style). It may be possible for the component to take on more rendering itself (but there isn't that much granularity over that e.g. it'd have to render the expand/collapse buttons itself as well as far as I can see).

3º/ I have noticed that the configuration (FCL) does not record the values of the new element  album list: filter
They should be included in any FCL files exported from Columns UI 2.0.0 alpha 1. But they won't be in any old ones created by older versions of Columns UI.

Reply #7793
Dark mode forces theming for the Album list panel tree view, and that prevents those two colours from being changed (they are instead defined as bitmaps in the visual style). It may be possible for the component to take on more rendering itself (but there isn't that much granularity over that e.g. it'd have to render the expand/collapse buttons itself as well as far as I can see).

They should be included in any FCL files exported from Columns UI 2.0.0 alpha 1. But they won't be in any old ones created by older versions of Columns UI.

Sorry, I was wrong with respect to the FCL

Reply #7794
Why can't the foobar2000 columns ui use the foo_vis_oscilloscope plugin? Or it can be arranged vertically, please solve it

Reply #7795
Message for Music Music:

I have been using the Dark mode for a few days and the following happened to me several times: the 4 upper buttons groups move a little up (Image 1)

I solve it by changing Light mode and immediately returning to Dark mode, or also restarting Foobar (Image 2)

Reply #7796
@josemescud Could you export your configuration to an FCL file and share that?

Thanks

Reply #7798
Would you be able to upload the button images and the external WSH Panel Mod files (in skins\Speight and skins\resources) as well?

Thanks

Reply #7799
Would you be able to upload the button images and the external WSH Panel Mod files (in skins\Speight and skins\resources) as well?

Thanks

I am Spanish and use Google Translator. I don't know if I have understood what you ask for:

- These are some of the buttons used at the top:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdfq4rod4amdu3v/AAAGVlsMoZsxtFhN_90c5rxla?dl=0

- The WSH Panel file (Skins \ Speight) uses it to paint the status bar
- The WSH Panel file (Skins \ Resources) use it for the volume of the status bar
Both work perfectly included the play, stop buttons, etc.

I don't know if what you ask me are the files contained in Skins\Speight and Skins\Resources:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9jckb3fho9rijdd/AACTQo_NvQ5R7cn691slWMYja?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cehna84wwke7au3/AABsWNvWSyXx3LEgC8ku4AK2a?dl=0