Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Text Display (foo_textdisplay) (Read 219103 times) previous topic - next topic

Text Display (foo_textdisplay)

Reply #125
Thanks.

Reply #126
Is it possible to mix different font sizes in the display? Like i want the artist name bigger than the album name?

Great plugin btw! =)

Reply #127
No, the plugin only supports a single font size for the whole text.

Reply #128
Also color? i could change it in foobar 1.0, for example:

$set_font(Segoe UI,20,bold)[$rgb(234,210,47)%artist%]$crlf()[%title%]$crlf()
$ifequal(%_length%,?,
$set_font(Segoe UI,14,)$rgb(120,241,126)Playtime Radio:
$crlf()$set_font(Segoe UI,22)[%_time_elapsed%],
$set_font(Segoe UI,22,)$rgb(120,241,126)[%_time_elapsed%]
$set_font(Segoe UI,23,bold)$rgb(234,210,47) /
$set_font(Segoe UI,22,)$rgb(241,135,120)%_length%))

know i can only write:

%artist%$crlf()
%title%

. Is there any possibility to get the old one?

Reply #129
foosion, excuse me for asking you about it again, but would you care to consider text scrolling in future versions?

Reply #130
Does anyone know where I can find a non 1.0 release of the plugin?  All I want is proper line breaks to appear.

Reply #131
Does anyone know where I can find a non 1.0 release of the plugin?  All I want is proper line breaks to appear.

Hi,
this worked for me:

$replace(%lyrics%,'

',$crlf() $crlf())

Instruction:
At the end of the first line [after: (%lyrics%,'] press ENTER twice.

Comment:
An empty line (= a new paragraph) is usually made by two seriell 'carriage return' commands - hexidecimal: 0D0A0D0A, in foobar: $crlf()$crlf() .
However, for any reason, foo_textdisplay 1.1beta1 does the return command $crlf() only if it finds another character in front of it.
Therefore, a SPACE in front of the second $crlf() will do the job ...

Reply #132
That worked beautifully!  Thanks!

Reply #133
Is there a way to display the sum of the filesize of all selected tracks?
And maybe also the number of the selected tracks?
(like Total Size and Items Selected in the Properties window)

Reply #134
Thanks for the workaround for line breaks!

Reply #135
Thanks a lot for the workaround, verithin! I haven't updated the plugin until now, due to that behaviour.

Reply #136
Thanks for the workaround!! that was driving me mad...

Reply #137
man that ignoring of empty lines drove me mad as well. thanks for your help!

Also, heres my slightly edited version:

Code: [Select]
$if2($replace(%lyrics%,'

',$crlf() $crlf()), No Lyrics Found)

Reply #138
thanks I just noticed this as well with 1.1b1 on foobar 1.1.11. Did foo_textdisplay update automatically ?! I just noticed it and annoyed the hell out of me as it worked before. I only consciously installed 1.0rc3 and it worked in that version (unless foobar introduced a change which caused this issue?!)

Here's my updated lyrics display code I've been using for a couple of years now updated with the spacing solution if anyone's interested:
[%artist% - ][%title%]$crlf()
[%album%[ '('%date%')'][ - '['%tracknumber%[/%totaltracks%]']']$crlf()]
[-----------------------------------------------------$crlf()
$if(%lyrics%,$replace(%lyrics%,'

',$crlf() $crlf()),$if(%unsynced lyrics%,$replace(%unsynced lyrics%,'

',$crlf() $crlf()),'no Lyrics available'))$crlf()]

Reply #139
How do I add this? I don't have option to add this panel.

Reply #140
It installs the same as any panel. Where exactly are you having trouble?

EDIT: As you used the word panel, are you using CUI interface. If so, this thread / component is an element for the default user interface.

Reply #141
I am having an odd issue - even with 'Prefer playing track' unseleted, it's showing the current playing track. It wasn't doing this for two days previous. I've tried to delete the panel, make a new tab, etc. It just keeps doing it. I use it as an info browser so it's  if I can't get it fixed. The only thing I did was install the simplaylist component.

Reply #142
Which track have you selected? Do you ever have a keyboard focus on the item, you want to be displayed by this component? If you don't, foo_textdisplay will always display the tags of the currently played item. With my installation (f2k with textdisplay and simplaylist) it works fine and as expected.

Reply #143
Which track have you selected? Do you ever have a keyboard focus on the item, you want to be displayed by this component? If you don't, foo_textdisplay will always display the tags of the currently played item. With my installation (f2k with textdisplay and simplaylist) it works fine and as expected.

It was working as expected for a few days - then yesterday it just quit working like that. I checked and unchecked and checked again the 'prefer selected track'. I would be playing one song, and go browse through my songs and clicking (once) on them (not playing them) would show the file properties of the song I focused on in the list. Now suddenly it won't work. I reinstalled foobar2000 and made a new panel even. I guess I should try to uninstall Simplaylist, but I don't think that did it since I see a lot of people have it and the textdisplay component. I just wanted to see if someone else had the same issue and I wasn't aware of it before messing around with removing components. Hopefully it will keep my configuration settings for Simplaylist if I remove it and reinstall it to test...right now the textdisplay panel shows, if I right click on it, Prefer playing track is unselected. So it should be showing anything I select in the browser (songs I'm not playing but am looking at).

Hmm...removing simplaylist didn't do it, I'm at a loss. I guess I can just try to reinstall everything again and report back.

Edit: Tried that, the only difference now is, it still shows the playing track, but won't show any track length info for it. Here is my display....maybe this has something to do with it?

>>Artist: %artist%<<$crlf()
>Title: %title%<$crlf()
>>>Album: %album%<<<$crlf()
>>Rating: %stars%<<$crlf()
>Year: %date%<$crlf()

$crlf()
>$if2(%playback_time%,--:--) / $if2(%length%,--:--) $if2($ifequal(%playback_time_remaining%,0,'('%playback_time%')','('%playback_time_remaining%')'),'('--:--')')<$crlf()
$crlf()
<<Played: %play_count% times>>$crlf()
<<Track: %tracknumber%>>$crlf()
<<Bitrate: %bitrate% kbps>>$crlf()
<<Channels: %channels%>>$crlf()
<<Filesize: %filesize_natural%>>$crlf()
<<Sample Rate: %samplerate% Hz>>$crlf()
<<Codec: %codec%>>$crlf()
$crlf()

<<<Filename: %filename_ext%>>>$crlf()
<<<Directory: %directoryname%>>>$crlf()
<<<Path: %path%>>>$crlf()

Reply #144
I think, you meant "%rating_stars%", or?

With my installation, it works fine. I've tested it. Even the %playback_time% and %playback_time_remaining%-Fields work fine. Except one problem: Exchange
... $if2($ifequal(%playback_time_remaining%,0, ...

with
... $if2($ifequal(%playback_time_remaining_seconds%,0,' ...

to prevent f2k to convert to integer numbers.

Reply #145
I think, you meant "%rating_stars%", or?

With my installation, it works fine. I've tested it. Even the %playback_time% and %playback_time_remaining%-Fields work fine. Except one problem: Exchange
... $if2($ifequal(%playback_time_remaining%,0, ...

with
... $if2($ifequal(%playback_time_remaining_seconds%,0,' ...

to prevent f2k to convert to integer numbers.

Oh - the stars, I just made a custom %stars% tag in my files and copied my ratings into that.

It *was* working fine for me for three days the way it should but now...  I'm sure it's something I did wrong. Also - I should have been more clear.

I have two panels. The one I described - was copied from the 'now playing' one I made using the textdisplay, so it had the code for the running time and all. Which yes, works fine, when "prefer playing song" is checked.
The copied panel I described above, is the one I am using for the 'now selected' when I am browsing the library. When I uncheck "prefer playing song", the panel *used* to update with whatever song I was looking at in the library, but stopped working. The only thing that does change, is that it shows dashes for the playback time codes, which is fine, as if it was working, I would just delete that part. It's just really odd that it stopped working randomly and still only shows me the playing song instead of whatever I have highlighted.

Thanks so much for your help.

Today when I got home it worked again briefly before stopping. It updated for each song I highlighted as it should when I selected them (but didn't play them) for about 3 times, then it just showed the playing song again. I've tried restarting foobar and the problem stays, tried reloading themes, nothing. It worked for a long time (3 days) when I first installed foobar and it was one of the first things I installed. I have the following going and have a portable install:

foo_abx.dll
foo_albumlist.dll
foo_bitcompare.dll
foo_cdda.dll
foo_converter.dll
foo_DeleteCurrent.dll
foo_dsp_std.dll
foo_facets.dll
foo_fileops.dll
foo_freedb2.dll
foo_input_std.dll
foo_jesus.dll
foo_lock.dll
foo_logitech_lcd.dll
foo_playcount.dll
foo_playlist_attributes.dll
foo_rgscan.dll
foo_tagbox.dll
foo_textdisplay.dll
foo_ui_std.dll
foo_uie_lyrics3.dll
foo_unpack.dll
foo_verifier.dll

Reply #146
I see why it worked. It shows the selected songs I click on until I play one, at start up. Then it stops and  is stuck on them despite having "prefer playing track" being unselected. I would have edited my above post but I think too much time elapsed.

Reply #147
Well, I did give up on it working, but  have one more question: is there any way to script it so if I have a certain value for a tag, it shows more fields?

I want to have it show my custom tags of Compilation Date for example, if the custom tag Type is Compilation. I tried messing around with the lyrics code and am looking through threads.

Reply #148
it seems that with newer versions of foobar the plugin reduces multiple newline characters into one. makes lyrics much worse looking (without verse separation)

Reply #149
see post #132