Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: n00b Q: How to set MP3 bitrate in REACT (flac + mp3) (Read 1900 times) previous topic - next topic

n00b Q: How to set MP3 bitrate in REACT (flac + mp3)

I allready ripped 100 cds (my mistake..) before checking MP3 files in the sense of their bitrate.

I didnt have any player software to show it, but win V ultimate clames 112-120bps and file size seems about right...

I have:

REACT %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" "%x" "%y" "%m" "%e" "%f" "%b" %r

in the additional command-line options, as set by react.

What I WANTED was best possible MP3 Quality (320bps = V0 ???) and FLAC with compression setting to -5.

What settings / additional cl-options should I use ???

Reply #1
Those settings aren't stored in EAC, you need to go to the REACT installation folder and there should be a few .ini files in there. open them up in notepad and have a look through.

I'm sorry i can't be more specific, i haven't used REACT for a few years now.

If you wan't the bestest quality, then use -b 320
If you want the bestest VBR quality then use -V 0

personally i would use VBR, best quality and you still save a little space
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Nizze, welcome to the forum.

You have to amend REACT.ini file in the REACT directory. Read the REACT Wiki page in case you haven't already. It explains many things. My mod Wiki page also provides other information, check it out if you're interested.

Also, there's a "dedicated" REACT thread, you can post questions about REACT there.

FLAC is defaulted to -5 in REACT. All you have to do is amend the Opt_LameMP3 setting. Remember not to remove the --noreplaygain from that setting. ReplayGain calculations are done with another tool(s) and removing that switch would only make the mp3 encoding process slower. Check REACT settings for configuring RG, don't do it with encoder option settings (like Opt_LameMP3).