Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB2K 2.0 error - Won't launch on my *modified* Windows 10. (Read 6802 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FB2K 2.0 error - Won't launch on my *modified* Windows 10.

Reply #25
I need to take a stance and get some things right, because the comments and remarks here are quite shocking to be quite honest.

"Mutilated OS" or "Butchered OS" this is quite ironic, because the original Windows is and always will be a "Mutilated OS" or "Butchered OS", it is quite a sad story.
The entire Windows OS is a bugware/bloatware/malware/spyware system and everybody knows it, but most people do not want to talk about it.
There must be quite a few reasons why serious companies, intelligence agencies, military, IPS/Server hosting, hackers etc, etc do not use Windows. Why?
Because Windows is a joke targeted for the mainstream, it can be said it's just a Gamer OS... I can remember the news and memes where british nuclear submarines have used Windows for their OS,
let's hope it did not crash on some critical situations, it would have not been public anyways  :)

Here in this thread, there where some talks about slimming Windows down does not have any effect on performance, you really can't be serious about these statements, this is just trolling.
So an original 5.5 GB Windows ISO is the same as a 980 MB ISO? A 20 GB installed Windows has the same performance as a 4 GB installed Windows?
The same analogy would be to state a 100 kg sprinter is as fast as a 60 kg sprinter.
I have some news for you, my "mutilated" and "butchered" Windows boots on an 14 year old computer in 15 seconds where the original Windows needs 35 seconds!
Not only that, the performance is super smooth, snappy, fast, clean and stable. It's only 10-15% slower than Unix based distros.
On the other hand, original Windows is so slow, lags, loads, calls home etc, etc.
I can't even install original Win10/Win11 on my old laptop because it requires so much resources...
Why? Because of malware, because of useless services running, because of telemetry ( did you check with TCPView the connections ? I have 0 connections to MS server ) because of bad and useless programs etc, etc.
On the other hand, I can install my customized Windows 10 on my old laptop that has only 1 GB Ram!
So what is the business plan for Microsoft to run their Windows acceptable smoothly? That's a really easy answer, just buy
the right hardware and you're good to go, gamers do that anyways! Let's not even talk about the Windows update/bugfix patch hell, it was and it is ridiculous and always will be, that says a lot...

All I can say is that not ALL people want such a bad Windows and also want to value their privacy, that's why customization comes into play.
It is the same philosophy and mentality like Unix based systems where based off. Clean, fast, small footprint, secure, no bloatware/spyware etc.
Let's be honest, most people are just lazy, they don't to know or don't want to try new things out, new better alternatives that are even free.
What is the percentage of Windows user that even tried Linux in their lifetime? For starters and Windows users, who are drag n drop and click users, you can try the PCLinuxOs distro,
really easy to learn for a first Linux experience or for advanced folks you can try Artix Linux which is super clean and build it as you need.

Btw, I can run all the programs ( 200+ ) I need and yes of course there are "some" exceptions ( like this new fb2k v2 ) over the last 20 years where I needed to fix some things myself, but this is not a big deal.
There are some general rules what you can and can not remove to have a compatible and stable system, but through experience you will learn that. So next time, could you please not to disencourage other users?

And last before you ask, yes I would long long time ago completely switch to Linux but there are "some" programs I need for work and don't want to have emulated Windows programs in Linux...

That's all I have to say, thanks for reading.

P.S @bokeron, I hope that you can fix your issue, good luck.

-TT

Reply #26
Regarding what @TT has just posted, I need to add a remark.

@mudlord quoted a person explaining his Dell is having a problem because of the OFFICIAL OS that came with it.
If mudlord were the one having the problem with his own Dell and couldn't be solved by just adding RAM and SSD then maybe he'd see things differently.

So, one last time: This is not about @TT or me. We can manage this, and solve it, though we asked for help and we got offered almost none. This is about a common user out there who doesn't know why he can't use his/her favorite player, foobar2000.
If you don't care about such a user and are just gonna tell him/her to use any other player, then why publisdh foobar2000 at all? Keep it for yourselves. How many developers would you think this program had if it were not because we are so many users??

Really, the stubborness in this forum is maddening.
This forum is full of jerks.

Reply #27
And now... * I've solved the problem on my end. *

The solution begets a big question:

Why on earth must a program that isn't downloaded via Microsoft Store REQUIRE appxsvc and clipsvc to be enabled and running?????

Previous versions can be downloaded from MS Store and from FB2K home page and aren't so restrictive.

Reply #28

Why on earth must a program that isn't downloaded via Microsoft Store REQUIRE appxsvc and clipsvc to be enabled and running?????

Previous versions can be downloaded from MS Store and from FB2K home page and aren't so restrictive.

I don't know?  Maybe because it's actually on the Windows store and a possible requirement by Microsoft?  😒

Enable the services and be done with it then or stick with 1.6.  Your choice.  😒

Reply #29

I don't know?  Maybe because it's actually on the Windows store and a possible requirement by Microsoft?  😒

Enable the services and be done with it then or stick with 1.6.  Your choice.  😒

1.6 is available at MS Store but when I download it from its home page I can run it without those two services. So explain me why the sarcasm? Does MS prevent fb2k 2.0 from working just like 1.6 regarding this?

Yep. The usual answer around here. Screw the users, we know better.
I can activate the services but what about those who can't because their OEM has disaled or purged them? Screw them too?

I still don't know why I insist on making this a better program when no one seems to care. Nobody needed or wanted dark mode and now it's being done. Maybe I am right on this one, too -- there's no need to make those services a requeriment if I'm not downloading from MS Store.

I've never found a more obnoxiously arogant fanbase than this.

Reply #32
I thought a while how to react to this topic initially. I was thinking about ignoring it and not provide any help, but since I replied I had to also voice my experience that this kind of altering is pointless. And it's mutilation since it breaks software.
Claiming that OEM customizations could also be affected is simply incorrect. They use official supported methods to add logos and bloatware, nothing more.

I would like to test the performance of your customized OS. For now I tested 64-bit Tiny10 that I found with little effort.
I compared Tiny10, Regular Windows 10 and Windows 10 where I uninstalled OneDrive, disabled Defender and CEIP tasks and turned off Meltdown and Spectre mitigations.
Tiny10 requires 10 GB less disk space.
Tiny10 uses 1 GB memory. Official uses 1.4 GB. Tweaked 1.2 GB.
Tiny10 boots to desktop in 11.44 s. Regular in 11.82 s. Tweaked in 10.6 s.
Tiny10 starts my customized foobar2000 instantly after boot in 0:00.344889. Regular in 0:01.101058. Tweaked in 0:00.318430.

Regular is the only one with antivirus running, that makes it the slowest.
Tiny10 has no Store so it can't use any Microsoft provided codec additions or run proper Netflix app with all features enabled. Not to mention any other handy software found from Store.
This Tiny10 didn't win a mostly stock OS in any benchmark that mattered to me. It only uses a little less disk usage. I rather have my fully functional OS than shave any GBs off install size.

Reply #33
So explain me why the sarcasm?
I'm beginning to get quite annoyed with you.  It's not sarcasm.  😒

Nobody needed or wanted dark mode and now it's being done.
Well???  Another user just pointed this out:

@bokeron Why don't you figure what you really want?  I mean as long as it isn't drama or you changing your mind.  You can stop gaslighting us now.  You got your dark mode and now you want to whine about Microsoft when the actual product you're trying to use is in beta anyway on a operating system installation that you messed up.  Dude, see a doctor for that condition of yours.  What is wrong with you?

Reply #34
It's blatantly obvious to people with actual knowledge and experience that you have no idea what you're doing, and you can cite no valid or useful data points to your imagined improvements. Your "bug" report is completely worthless, because your system is in a brain damaged state caused by yourself. You're wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Reply #36
It's blatantly obvious to people with actual knowledge and experience that you have no idea what you're doing, and you can cite no valid or useful data points to your imagined improvements. Your "bug" report is completely worthless, because your system is in a brain damaged state caused by yourself. You're wasting everyone's time, including your own.

It is blatantly obvious you lack the most elemental education, and that's why you're a moderator on the most cult-like forum on the net.
Do you think that insulting me is winning you zealot points? What are you, a 13 yo bully?

The software is beta. It still requires two services that it should not require and didn't require before. If I'm too stupid to understand it why do you insult me instead of explining me what's going on?

Is this how you answer your users? Don't answer this one, it is already clear what the answer is.