Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need Help Getting Foobar to Remember Music Location & Highlight Cu (Read 4145 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Help Getting Foobar to Remember Music Location & Highlight Cu

Hello, I'm having two problems I need help with.

1. Foobar2000 doesn't list all of the music in my collection upon startup. It does this sometimes after I restart my computer, and does it also after I open a music file not located in my collection. It doesn't always seem to remember where I have designated my music collection.

2. Foobar2000 doesn't highlight the current track that's playing on the Facets panes. It's driving me a little crazy when I put it on shuffle and it doesn't navigate to the current track. Is there any way to get Facets to highlight the current Artist, Album and Track being played?

In addition to that, does anyone know of a way to get the "Track" column in Facets to list only the songs located under the currently selected "Album" in the "Albums" column?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Reply #1
1, file > preferences > media library > path

2. i don't think so, because facets is - primarily - a library viewer and not a playlist viewer

3. works as expected in my set up, i.e. if i first set up an album pane followed by a track pane, only tracks belonging to a selected album are shown

Reply #2
In addition to that, does anyone know of a way to get the "Track" column in Facets to list only the songs located under the currently selected "Album" in the "Albums" column?

That's already how it works. Select a Track facet in one column, an Album facet in another, and it works exactly as you describe. What does it do differently in your case?

Reply #3
I see, apparently Facets needs the panes to be arranged Artist, Album, Tracks from right to left.

Still need a way to get the program to highlight the current Artist, Album and Track being played.

Reply #4
Facets is a library viewer. Add a playlist viewer to your configuration. Either the default or simplaylist would be a good place to start. You can add it solo or insert it into a tabbed playlist container and you are good to go with any many playlists as tabs as you want.

Reply #5
Facets is a library viewer. Add a playlist viewer to your configuration. Either the default or simplaylist would be a good place to start. You can add it solo or insert it into a tabbed playlist container and you are good to go with any many playlists as tabs as you want.

Awesome, I will look into it. Thank you very much

*edit*

It looks like I'm still having a problem with Foobar not remembering where my music collection is designated. The folder remains in the designated path under Preferences, listed as "monitoring", however, Foobar isn't bringing up the collection. I did open an mp3 in Foobar not included in my collection, which seems to have started the problem.

*edit*

Simplaylist doesn't really fit my needs, so I still need a good alternative to Facets. I want to have three panes, one listing Artists, the next listing Albums, and the last listing Tracks. I want it to look clean and simple, so I don't want the same Artist to be listed about a thousand times for every mp3 or album I have on file for them. One artist at a time, one album at a time, one track at a time. Facets would be perfect if it would just highlight whatever current track I was playing.

Reply #6
It looks like I'm still having a problem with Foobar not remembering where my music collection is designated. The folder remains in the designated path under Preferences, listed as "monitoring", however, Foobar isn't bringing up the collection. I did open an mp3 in Foobar not included in my collection, which seems to have started the problem.

maybe you post a picture? don't get this the wrong way, but i suspect it's you, who has  some trouble displaying the library, and not foobar

Simplaylist doesn't really fit my needs, so I still need a good alternative to Facets. I want to have three panes, one listing Artists, the next listing Albums, and the last listing Tracks. I want it to look clean and simple, so I don't want the same Artist to be listed about a thousand times for every mp3 or album I have on file for them. One artist at a time, one album at a time, one track at a time. Facets would be perfect if it would just highlight whatever current track I was playing.

not possible, because - i guess - unfortunately foobar has a hardcoded distinction between playlists and the library
facets shows the library
if you are playing music, the songs are sent to some playlist, the actual library is actually never played - beware, this is just one more guess

Reply #7
maybe you post a picture? don't get this the wrong way, but i suspect it's you, who has  some trouble displaying the library, and not foobar

When Foobar starts up, I expect it to have my library at hand. If I open an audio file in Foobar not located in my collection, it sort of resets the library, empty, except for the one track. The music folder path hasn't changed, it just doesn't always load it on startup.

not possible, because - i guess - unfortunately foobar has a hardcoded distinction between playlists and the library
facets shows the library
if you are playing music, the songs are sent to some playlist, the actual library is actually never played - beware, this is just one more guess

With a program as malleable as Foobar, I imagine there must be some solution.

Reply #8
I can not tell what it is you are doing. Foobar2000's library - if your configuration has it placed somewhere - is at hand on start up every time. Opening a file regardless of it's location in or out of Foobar2000 monitored library will not sort of reset your library, ever. I believe it is clear you are confusing the operation of various library viewers with playlist viewers. Other than that, I have not a clue what you are doing and I think it would be very helpful if you would provide screenshots of your configuration.

Reply #9
Lol, it's not doing it anymore. Making me into a liar.

If it does it again I'll post screens.