Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to make XLD automatically number tracks? (Read 3523 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make XLD automatically number tracks?

It's been a long while since I've encoded music.  Now I can't find my way back to a basic function that I believe I used to use frequently.

I'm trying to create folders of compressed tracks from CD's and FLAC's using XLD.  When I go to play back an album-folder of compressed tracks, the tracks appear (and play) in alphabetical order - not in the order they appeared in on the album.

I'm trying to accomplish two things ... #1) automatically add a track number to the file name (ie, "01 Stairway to Nowhere.m4a ... 02 Ready for Anything.m4a ... etc" .... and #2) also have each track embedded with the track number in its respective tag. 

I just want my folders (of individual tracks) to play exactly like the original album ... and using song-embedded info, not a separate cue file.

I could have sworn this was a simple pref to check when I last used XLD.  Now I can't find it and I have no idea how to get those two simple outcomes. 

Can anyone help?