Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FAAD2 HE-AAC with SBR ext Chirp noise  (Read 7001 times) previous topic - next topic

FAAD2 HE-AAC with SBR ext Chirp noise

Hello guys,

I have tried to use FAAD2 and FDK-AAC to decode HE-AAC with SBR extension, with FDK-AAC can play very well, but with FAAD2, sometime i got some "chirp" noise as audio file attached

Does anyone meet this problem like me, could you please share your experience about this?

FAAD2 configurations:
Code: [Select]
#define SBR_LOW_POWER
//#define FIXED_POINT
#define MAIN_DEC
#define LTP_DEC
#define LD_DEC
#define SBR_DEC
//#define PS_DEC
FAAD2 init

Code: [Select]
codec->hDecoder = NeAACDecOpen();
codec->config = NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration(codec->hDecoder);

codec->config->defObjectType = HE_AAC;
codec->config->outputFormat = FAAD_FMT_16BIT;
codec->config->downMatrix = 0;
codec->config->useOldADTSFormat = 0;
codec->config->dontUpSampleImplicitSBR = 1;

=> Noise has recored: IMG_0546.m4a
=> HE-AAC file: sbr-dec.aac

Thanks

Edited: I posted the wrong forum, Thanks mod to help me in the right place

Re: FAAD2 HE-AAC with SBR ext Chirp noise

Reply #1
Try without SBR_LOW_POWER ?

Reply #2
Try without SBR_LOW_POWER ?

Because I use a 240Mhz chip, it does not have sufficient decoding capability when turning off SBR_LOW_POWER

Reply #3
I mean for testing. Disable the low power shortcuts and see if the problems are still present.

The rockbox fork of libfaad needs about 100 MHz on Arm9e without using SBR_LOW_POWER by the way. It is much better optimized then the normal code though.

Reply #4
Thank you @saratoga for your quick reply
When I turned off this mode, the sound seemed to be decoding very slowly. Including the FDK-AAC, I will find out why, because you can run on 100Mhz chip. Do you have any suggestions for this?