Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Clicks - EAC failed? (Read 11398 times) previous topic - next topic

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #25
My CD has 7243584 54420CACPRE1 printed on the underside.

I was able to successfully (as far as I can tell - no gap at 9s and no clicks) rip with EAC on my Plextor 40/12/40A in Secure mode with the max speed set to 4x.
Without the max speed set as such I still got "clean" rips, except for that each track had a very small gap at around the 9s mark.

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #26
It seems that your pressing is indeed different from any other pressing I know.
Your CD is still protected by Cactus (CDS-200), but the "CACPRE1" part
of the number you gave suggests that it was pressed differently
and probably poses more problems for your drive. Your Plextor should
be able to easily deal with the pressing I have, but yours seems
like a tougher nut to crack.
And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the ***** of an alien

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #27
My apologies to bluewer than blue. It seems that slowing down the rip did indeed work for this disc. 
daefeatures.co.uk

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #28
No reason to apologize my friend...the good news is that eventually this cd can be ripped easier than we first thought 

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #29
Just ripped two CDS200 albums with a Liteon LTD163 DVD drive with no audiable clicks or gaps (discs were 'Norah Jones - Come Away With Me' and 'The Beatles - Let It Be... Naked').  Seems these Liteon drives handle CDS quite well.

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #30
i ripped david usher's new cd hallucinations just fine (no clicks glitches or errors) using a mix of Alcohol 120% and foobar
first i did a RAW read of the disc to a hard drive image with alcohol
then i loaded the image in the alcohol virtual drive and just ripped uncompressed with foobar
this method should give me an perfect copy right?
i think the same method will work with EAC

ps my cdrom drive is some cheap oem piece of crap (HL-DT-ST brand)
Fire always makes it better - the Offspring

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #31
As perfect as your drive interpolates mastered C2 errors. You might want to rip with two different drives, do a wave substraction of the results and listen closely to positions with different samples.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Clicks - EAC failed?

Reply #32
Is it really THAT difficult in 2003, to build a PC cdrom drive which can interpolate, say, 16 samples at once ? 

Another idea would be to build a CD-ROM, which

- read the original ELF data and send it to the PC's memory (all can be done in software)
- which don't read session structure, TOCs, etc., but also only the raw uninterpreted data stream (all can be done in software)

Modern PCs are able to do this in software at moderate speed.This is more flexible than doing
this in firmware.
Diocletian

Time Travel Agency
Book a journey to the Diocletian Palace. Not today!