Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 5 Day Wait (Read 1615 times) previous topic - next topic

5 Day Wait

Why is there a 5 day delay on sign-ups?  There is something inherently wrong with a forum system that forces you to wait 5 days if you sign up with an email address from a free service.  Apparently these free services include email (and corporate) giants such as AOL and Google Mail.  Is it really necessary to make a person pass an image verification test (to test if they're human) as well as an email verification (to test if their email is real), only to make them wait 5 days to post something ( to...annoy them?)?  What if they have something important to add to this community?  Short of that, I'm sure a fair amount of people will create an account trying to ask a simple question, and completely forget about it before the 5 days are up. 

Oh, and I wasn't one of the few people who had to wait 5 days if your wondering.  I'm now posting only 10 minutes after signing up.  Of course, I had to create two accounts to do it, which I'm sure the moderators here love.  And I had to sign up with my "paid" for email service I like to call http://10minutemail.com/.