Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can Foobar read a list of cue sheets? (Read 3692 times) previous topic - next topic

Can Foobar read a list of cue sheets?

I'm starting a huge flac to mp3 conversion of thousands of albums.

I'd like to be able to feed FB2K a huge list of cue sheets, each with a fully qualified path name.

Can it do something like that?  Or some other way of adding batches of hundreds of cue sheets at a time?

Reply #1
File -> Add folder... ?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
But doesn't this load everything (mp3, flac, etc)?  I only want to load .cue files.

Reply #3
why don't you just search in the file manager of your choice for *.cue and then drag'n'drop them into foobar?
too simple?

Reply #4
Well, yeah.  But...

It's very easy to generate a file of cue sheets by doing: dir /s /b *.cue >filelist.txt

I've already done this and edited out a bunch of albums I don't want to convert.

If I could feed this file to Foobar it would make this a lot easier.

Reply #5
You could also use File -> Preferences -> Media Library to restrict to, or exclude the file types.

Reply #6
Short answer: Create a playlist file containing all cue sheets and load it into foobar2000, for example using drag and drop.

Long answer:
Create a text file with one line per cue sheet. Each line should contain the path to a cue sheet. The path can be absolute or relative to the directory where you store the file. Perhaps that is exactly what you already have.

Give the file the extension ".m3u" or ".m3u8" if the file is UTF-8 encoded. Now you have a playlist file in M3U format containing cue sheets. Each cue sheet can contain multiple tracks. Foobar2000 can reference individual tracks inside the cue sheet. However the M3U format does not support this feature of foobar2000. So when foobar2000 encounters a cue sheet in an M3U playlist, it just loads all of the tracks.

Reply #7
Foosion, I *swear* I tried exactly what you described but I couldn't get it to work.  When I loaded the .m3u file, I just got a blank playlist.

Tried again and now it works.  <shrug>

Thanks!