Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Extracting from cdr (Read 9783 times) previous topic - next topic

Extracting from cdr

Reply #25
FWIW

I use memorex cd's for svcd and audio. On a couple of occasions I had to rip a burnt cd to make a copy for someone who liked it. My burner is a Sony CRX 140e.

With EAC and my dvd rom it ripped at full speed with virtually %100 quality for all tracks.

It may be drive related rather than just media.

Extracting from cdr

Reply #27
After like 15 mins of trying everything to my best configuration, i started to rip all my albums again (Only 5 hehehe, im very picky in music) i noticed that in a couple of tracks i got quality at 99.99% or 99.98% even though other cds were even more scratched or dusty, is that quality loss anything bad??? tried different combinations of secure mode like enabling/disabling drive caching and C2 for error correction, the process was slower but i couldnt get those tracks to 100%

Extracting from cdr

Reply #28
no those rips are perfect if EAC doesn't report errors.

it just means that EAC found errors and they were corrected.

Extracting from cdr

Reply #29
what kind of errors??? i see nothing in the log...

Extracting from cdr

Reply #30
Don't bother getting 100% all of the time. I even have percentages of 99.7 or 99.8 when ripping from brand new cds which i bought some days ago.

edit: corrected due to Pio

Extracting from cdr

Reply #31
No, they were necessarily C2 errors uncorrected by CIRC.
If you turned C2 on, they were passed to EAC as defective directly by the C2 circuitry of the drive, if it was off, EAC detected them seeing that the two successive readings were different.
They were corrected by EAC reading by bursts of 16 times until 8 (or 9 ?) were identical, that is considered error free.

Extracting from cdr

Reply #32
Originally posted by theduke
edit: corrected due to Pio

how can i use that??? im a quality freak and want full 100%!!!

Extracting from cdr

Reply #33
Hey, i tried unselecting the c2 option and now i could rip the very same tracks with quality at 100%!!! YAY

Extracting from cdr

Reply #34
Originally posted by Phobos
Hey, i tried unselecting the c2 option and now i could rip the very same tracks with quality at 100%!!! YAY

I don't get 100% all the time though I have C2 unselected. The world is unfair

Extracting from cdr

Reply #35
My rip drive is a Plextor Plexwriter 20x/10x/40a

Extracting from cdr

Reply #36
I have an Asus CD-S 500 (ROM) and a Plex 24/10/40A. On some tracks where the Asus only got 97.7 or such scores I re-ripped with the Plex to compare but it didn't yield much better. So I use my Asus as it doesn't cache.