Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377292 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #200
Anyone please identify the font used for this config.

edit: link provided

Reply #201
your screenshot doesn't link to a bigger image...

edit. removing the th in the url let me see it

I'm pretty sure it's Avantgarde LT Medium

Reply #203
sune was closest in guessing right

it is AvantGarde Md BT

Reply #204
ok i like that font and ive tried googling it but cant find exact match does anyone have alink plz?

Reply #205
It'll be called... 25 hour fitness... for one extra hour... of WORKING OUT!!!

[a href="http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5681/screenshot00118ae4.png" target="_blank"] 

Nice foobar setup, did you use a custom grouping scheme?
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

Reply #206

[a href="http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5681/screenshot00118ae4.png" target="_blank"] 

Yeah, I use an Album Artist - Album (Year) grouping scheme, and a custom column that displays Track Artist - Title in the case of Various Artists albums. The Library tab uses two vertically arranged facets (Album Artist and Albums, or Genre and Artist), and the Playlists tab has album art and playlist switcher. Not too different from a default setup, my days of spending hours playing with titleformatting are behind me lol 
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #207

Yeah, I use an Album Artist - Album (Year) grouping scheme, and a custom column that displays Track Artist - Title in the case of Various Artists albums. The Library tab uses two vertically arranged facets (Album Artist and Albums, or Genre and Artist), and the Playlists tab has album art and playlist switcher. Not too different from a default setup, my days of spending hours playing with titleformatting are behind me lol 

I see, awesome set up. I thinking of using tabs for something else (playlist manager and facets) instead of playlist tabs, since the playlst tabs can get in the way when you have alot of playlists.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

Reply #208
I created a new folder with shortcuts to foobar and commandline options. I then replaced those shortcuts icons with the icons i created for foobar's toolbar. Created a new toolbar on Windows, pointing to the shortcuts folder, and here's the result:

foobar > *

Reply #209
^ That's a nice config man. how did u make that rating thing towards the bottom?

Reply #210
^ That's a nice config man. how did u make that rating thing towards the bottom?

I just added a toolbar header and then placed it at the bottom.  I like to keep all the stuff related to the playlist down there.  Quicker to click on for me.  After that I did the Customize Buttons option (right click on the toobar header) then added a button for each context for Playback Statistics / Rating 0 - 5 .  The icon Rate is really for 0 but it kind of explains the 1 - 5.  For each number I used one of my icons to use on the button.
Thanks for the kind words.

Reply #211
ooooh of course. thats brilliant. thanks

Reply #215
Thank you add, shakey 

For those interested, I found it here too

Reply #216
I have only been using Foobar for several weeks or so, I have really enjoyed using it on a daily basis.  I attempted to create a theme that works for me.  I like it simple and most of the time I have it minimized anyways.  I hope that it is not too simple for everybody.  I use foo_facets and foo_textdisplay (Only for lyrics).  And since I keep it minimized so much, I love foo_AdvancedControls.

I also included the custom icons for my theme.  I created them in Paint Shop Pro as *.png files and then converted them to icons with Gimp.  Feel Free to use any where you want (They are not that good anyway).

Custom Icons

And Lastly here is my Theme file. js_foobar_theme

Thanks to all the authors of this software and the optional components, I'm hooked.  It is great and Free to boot.

How do you insert all those custom buttons ? e.g. I'd love to have 5 rating buttons in my DUI config, but I don't see any corresponding DUI element I could use... is there some tutorial or something ? Thanks for your help.

Reply #217
Is it possible to center the columns of a play list.  See the photo below.
I can choose to center a column that I manually add but can not seem to find where to do this on the default columns.  I know it is probably right under my nose but I still can not find it.  Any help would be appreciated.

If you look at the photo, the ratings column is centered but it is the only one.  I would like to center some of the other columns as well.  I would like to center the bitrate, date abd track number. Thanks

I have only been using Foobar for several weeks or so, I have really enjoyed using it on a daily basis.  I attempted to create a theme that works for me.  I like it simple and most of the time I have it minimized anyways.  I hope that it is not too simple for everybody.  I use foo_facets and foo_textdisplay (Only for lyrics).  And since I keep it minimized so much, I love foo_AdvancedControls.

I also included the custom icons for my theme.  I created them in Paint Shop Pro as *.png files and then converted them to icons with Gimp.  Feel Free to use any where you want (They are not that good anyway).

Custom Icons

And Lastly here is my Theme file. js_foobar_theme

Thanks to all the authors of this software and the optional components, I'm hooked.  It is great and Free to boot.

How do you insert all those custom buttons ? e.g. I'd love to have 5 rating buttons in my DUI config, but I don't see any corresponding DUI element I could use... is there some tutorial or something ? Thanks for your help.

Just insert a toolbar header and then choose customize buttons.  Add a icon to the menu item and your set.
I just like to click on whatever rating that I want to give the song, and I try to keep it simple. 
I am pretty sure that I replied to this post once already but it seems that it may have been moved or deleted.

Reply #218
Jamen Shook I like your set up very much! I installed it but I have some problems:

1) I don't see stars in ratings, I see lines , like iii fro 3 stars etc. Why is this?

2) the visualization on the upper right corner is different in me. I have the db numbers in my screen and  slightly different bars.

How do I fix it?

Reply #219
2) the visualization on the upper right corner is different in me. I have the db numbers in my screen and  slightly different bars.

How do I fix it?

change the number of bands to 160 (right click on the spectrum -> bands) and reduce the size horizontaly until the numbers disappear
Ignorance is bliss.

Reply #220
I can choose to center a column that I manually add but can not seem to find where to do this on the default columns.  I know it is probably right under my nose but I still can not find it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Just build custom columns - center formatted - to replace the default.

terry

Reply #221
Jamen Shook I like your set up very much! I installed it but I have some problems:

1) I don't see stars in ratings, I see lines , like iii fro 3 stars etc. Why is this?

How do I fix it?

You need to change your font to Arial Unicode MS.  If you do not have this font it might be because you do not have MS Office installed.  I did not see this font until I installed Office, and I have not found it anywhere else on the web.  There might be a substitute but I am not sure.
The spectrum is set to 160 bands.  Also I never have this setup at full screen, that might cause some of these problems.  I like to keep it at about 70% of might 15.4" laptop screen.  When I go full screen it does change the look of it.

Just build custom columns - center formatted - to replace the default.

terry

Yes, I thought of this, but I also thought that maybe there is a setting somewhere that I could not find. The only place that I found those other columns was in the advance settings and there are no parameters that I could find.  Thanks for the reply.

Reply #222
[/quote]
Yes, I thought of this, but I also thought that maybe there is a setting somewhere that I could not find. The only place that I found those other columns was in the advance settings and there are no parameters that I could find.  Thanks for the reply.
[/quote]

Not sure, but it may be that we are in two differing spots of foobar config.

I am simply using a standard preference dialog reached in one of two manners.

Preferences>default user interface>playlist view>custom columns>add new
or
Playlist element>right click on any column heading>columns>more

terry

Reply #223
Hey guys, pardon me if this is a stupid question... but the Default UI configurations can be saved as .fth files, right? The Default UI Gallery thread has a bunch of screenshots but no .fth files. As much as it's cool to customize on your own, I would like to just pick a sweet configuration that someone else made and import it. Is that not possible?

Reply #224
You can contact the user per PM and ask him if he wants to share his .fth file. What's the problem?