Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: IVAN : mp4 query (Read 4967 times) previous topic - next topic

IVAN : mp4 query

Ivan
what's up

could you please tell me as to how i can open the mp4 files created by the psytel mpeg4 authoring tool.

i tried philips webcine player and the envivio plugin for real player but of no use.

how do i play these files.:confused:

Reply #1
Unfortunately, MP4 format is still "infant" - I know that Envivio is compatible on elementary stream level (.aac and .mp4v) but it can't read .mp4 files due to some weird reason.

Until we resolve this, you can use MPEG4IP Player from mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net

-- Ivan

Reply #2
What is "the psytel mpeg4 authoring tool"?

And what's new in aacenc 1.3???

Reply #3
Authoring Tool if full MPEG-4 Audio + Video encoder, and it generates .mp4 output.  Next beta version will also have real-time encoding + broadcast (to multicast/unicast LAN/WAN) via RFC 3016 RTP protocol.

AACEnc 1.3 is experimental AACEnc with different tonality estimation. I am planning to add some other tools soon  (improved ATH, etc...)

-- Ivan

Reply #4
When do you estimate the next beta of your authoring tool to be completed?  I got an error using the 1.3 version of your program in ultra mode.  Is their any bugs with this version of the encoder?

Jordan

Reply #5
Ivan:

As a small business owner, do you plan to make your mpeg4 implementation a fully licensed entity?

'Cause I like your attentiveness and work ethic so far, and would rather use your product rather than the 'other'  well known mpeg4 implementation, as they don't seem to want to play ball on a straightforward license.

If you don't want to post here about it, you can mail me at [a href='mailto:vonnegut678@netscape.net'][/a] until our corporate mail server comes back up.

Reply #6
Regarding MPEG-4 products, we all are waiting M4PhG joint license which will be available from MPEG-LA LLC. This license will cover entire MPEG-4 patent portfolio (Audio + Visual + Systems), joint license should become available during the next year.

When I get the license, I will be able to offer end-user MPEG-4 products.

If you are interested in MPEG-4 implementation (i.e. library/SDK/source code) feel free to drop me an e-mail :