Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75 (Read 21081 times) previous topic - next topic

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Hi,

I am intent on buying new headphones for my iRiver iMP-350. I have heard that KSC35 by Koss are good... however, on their site, they show another model, also of the clip type; KSC75. It is also for a lower price. The two models have the same specifications, except a neodymium iron boron magnet, also is mentioned for the KSC75, and that they have "oxygen-free copper voice coils for signal clarity." However, I have not heard people recommending these. Thus, are the KSC75 worse than KSC35, somehow, anyway?

I want to get the best possible clip headphones available, so a lower price is not a necessity.

Thank you in advance.

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #1
Hi,

I am intent on buying new headphones for my iRiver iMP-350. I have heard that KSC35 by Koss are good... however, on their site, they show another model, also of the clip type; KSC75. It is also for a lower price. The two models have the same specifications, except a neodymium iron boron magnet, also is mentioned for the KSC75, and that they have "oxygen-free copper voice coils for signal clarity." However, I have not heard people recommending these. Thus, are the KSC75 worse than KSC35, somehow, anyway?

I want to get the best possible clip headphones available, so a lower price is not a necessity.

Thank you in advance.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253057"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try asking the experts at head-fi.org

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #2
Try asking the experts at head-fi.org

I'm a proud head-fier though not really an expert but I do have the KSC35 and they're amazing for the price. They're so good that Koss once discontinued them and had to restart making them for popular request. In that time, people was paying a hundred bucks in ebay! The 75s are fancier and cheaper, doesn't sound like good prospects...

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #3
FWIW I have been using KSC-35's for a few years. Hard to imagine better headphones for the money.I love them and have replaced them a few times.

You can snap the drivers out of the porta-pros and fit them to the earpieces of the 35's. Same drivers but better bass response as they are not pressed against your ears.

Buy both and return the pair you like less.Or see if the store will let you demo.

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #4
I started a similar thread a while ago and decided to get the Sennheiser PX-100 instead...amazing headphones
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #5
Is head-fi.org an "expert" site? I glanced through a review of the new HD-650s and I came across the same old audiophile-crap about how you need some expensive headphone amp and fancy wire to experience the true glory of the cans. This Jude guy says the HD-600s are priced too low for their own good because too many entry-level people will buy them and connect them to cheap electronics. Here, here! I connect my 600s to the headphone jacks of sound cards, portables, whatever. The heck with amplifiers. Too much muss, fuss and money. Buy more music instead!

John Atkinson once said that if you've spent more money on electronics than music you aren't an audiophile, you're an equipment freak.

I mean, look at this guy's tagline:

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']In my home rig: HeadRoom Max (2004) ▪ Meier Audio Corda PreHead ▪ AKG HEARO 999 Audiosphere II ▪ i2Digital X-60 ▪ Sennheiser HD650 (Zu Mobius) ▪ Cardas Golden Reference ▪ Sony SCD-C333ES ▪ MSB Gold Link III/Power Base ▪ Acoustic Zen MC² ▪ PS Audio Power Port (dedicated line) ▪ Brick Wall PW8R15AUD ▪ BPT BP-3 ▪ Cardas Golden Reference Power ▪ Acoustic Zen Tsunami ▪ TARA Labs RSC Air AC
In my office rig: HeadRoom Max (2001) ▪ Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR-2 ▪ Sennheiser HD600 (Cardas Headphone Cable) ▪ TARA Labs RSC Air1 ▪ Denon DCM-370 ▪ Bel Canto DAC2 ▪ Cardas Lightning 15 ▪ JPS Labs Analog AC ▪ JPS Labs Power AC+
In my portable rig: 2004 HeadRoom Total AirHead ▪ AKG K101 ▪ Sennheiser PX100 ▪ Shure E3c ▪ Optimus CD-3400 ▪ SLAPPA 32 HardBody[/span]

Blah, blah, blah.

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #6
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry for your wallet!!! 

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #7
Is head-fi.org an "expert" site? I glanced through a review of the new HD-650s and I came across the same old audiophile-crap about how you need some expensive headphone amp and fancy wire to experience the true glory of the cans. This Jude guy says the HD-600s are priced too low for their own good because too many entry-level people will buy them and connect them to cheap electronics. Here, here! I connect my 600s to the headphone jacks of sound cards, portables, whatever. The heck with amplifiers. Too much muss, fuss and money. Buy more music instead!
Blah, blah, blah.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253470"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

First, have you even tried your HD-600s with one of those amps? If not, you're not giving an educated opinion, just being disrespectful to other people's opinion.
Second, do you know about high and low impedance in headphones? If you ever check the manuals, HD600s are high impedance headphones and it means they are  somewhat hard to drive. In the other hand, most sound cards and portables have very low power output (read the manual, please). The result: this outputs can't move the headphones properly. Is like a little car moving a big load, it moves, yes, but painfully.
Third, there's many kind of people in head-fi, some are richer, some are poorer, and you can find advice for everyone. Look my signature: Team Cheapo and Happo (HD-495, KSC-35, MX-500, CMOY, the Philips DVD 751 jack, Aiwa HP-V163). As you can see, your richer than me. Good for you. Buy a headphone amp and be happy. It could cost much less than the HD600s and CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER... (I'm joking, man, take it easy)

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #8

John Atkinson once said that if you've spent more money on electronics than music you aren't an audiophile, you're an equipment freak.

I mean, look at this guy's tagline:

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']In my home rig: HeadRoom Max (2004) ▪ Meier Audio Corda PreHead ▪ AKG HEARO 999 Audiosphere II ▪ i2Digital X-60 ▪ Sennheiser HD650 (Zu Mobius) ▪ Cardas Golden Reference ▪ Sony SCD-C333ES ▪ MSB Gold Link III/Power Base ▪ Acoustic Zen MC² ▪ PS Audio Power Port (dedicated line) ▪ Brick Wall PW8R15AUD ▪ BPT BP-3 ▪ Cardas Golden Reference Power ▪ Acoustic Zen Tsunami ▪ TARA Labs RSC Air AC
In my office rig: HeadRoom Max (2001) ▪ Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR-2 ▪ Sennheiser HD600 (Cardas Headphone Cable) ▪ TARA Labs RSC Air1 ▪ Denon DCM-370 ▪ Bel Canto DAC2 ▪ Cardas Lightning 15 ▪ JPS Labs Analog AC ▪ JPS Labs Power AC+
In my portable rig: 2004 HeadRoom Total AirHead ▪ AKG K101 ▪ Sennheiser PX100 ▪ Shure E3c ▪ Optimus CD-3400 ▪ SLAPPA 32 HardBody[/span]

Blah, blah, blah.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253470"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

respectfully speaking, It is kinda like a novice user of music compression saying that there will be no difference between a wav to 192Kb Mp3 encode and a 320 KB to 192KBps Mp3 encode.
THe HD 600/650 can sound good out of any source, but truth of the matter is that decent amping and a good source can make them sound a lot better than they normally would.
Maybe visit head-fi and look through the meets threads area at the bottom of the forums page.
Also  if possible, please attend one of the meets that are organised.
I am sure you will be plesantly stunned after hearing some of the rigs that come down there.

I am a head-fier myself and have spent close to 6G on the equipment.
Funny thing is the music I have is worth about 2-3 times that amount.

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #9
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255401"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

6G? What that means? 6 Giga dollars? And you have 2-3 times that? You're very rich, man!!! 

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #10
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255401"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

6G? What that means? 6 Giga dollars? And you have 2-3 times that? You're very rich, man!!! 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256763"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it means $6000
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Koss KSC35 vs. KSC75

Reply #11
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253057"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have just received both the KSC35 and KSC75 headphones.
They sound similar but the '35 have less of the (please bear with me  as I try to describe..)
excessive "tsssss" sounds typically from cymbals and voice.
I like to listen at a good volume level and over time I get fatigued from any added hashness.

I would spend the extra $10 for the KSC35 at Koss.com

Good Luck