Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC - FLAC command line options inconsistency between pages. (Read 1331 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC - FLAC command line options inconsistency between pages.

Hello!

I came up with this topic to ask about the information placed on this page:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC

In which you can read:
(...) the output filename is unnecessarily included (-o %dest%), and output verification is unnecessarily enabled (-V): (...)

Then on this page:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Lossless_Backup

You can actually read the following:
Note: The green portion is where you would change the compression level or add settings for the FLAC encoder. You may want to add -V in order to verify that there were no encoding errors.

Okay, so in first page, we have the counsel to not use -V in newer versions of EAC (but that you should use it with old versions). May I ask why was this ever relevant or became irrelevant?

And then, on the second page, we have the saying that I may, if I want, use anyway the -V option in FLAC command.

Can anyone help me with this understanding and which setting should I actually be using?

I am already having quite a hard time ripping secure with a iHAS Lite-On drive, which caches audio and some CDs takes up from 15 to 30 minutes to rip. (I used to have a Sony Optiarc AD-7240 S which ripped much faster in secure mode, although with a little higher offset and supposed to not be ever caching audio). Should this -V be really added just for the sake of bit checking?

Thanks a lot.

Re: EAC - FLAC command line options inconsistency between pages.

Reply #2
Thanks Korth. I think the Wiki needs this reference! It all made sense when it carried on saying the problems -V can lead someone into.