Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ESPlaylist - organizing compilations (Read 1576 times) previous topic - next topic

ESPlaylist - organizing compilations

Hi,

I'd appreciate if someone could please shed some light on the following:

I've got an issue with ESPlaylist which goes as follows: under 'Layered View', I've tried to group compilation albums (all of them sharing the same %album artist% field but with distinct ones under  %artist%) but they're just scattered around instead of being grouped under the same album artwork, as per the attached screenshot.

Finally, I've tried to change the grouping field to %album% but with no avail.

Could anyone please tell me if I am actually doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Nilson

Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #1
How are those compilation albums organized? Are they split up across artist directories? If yes, then sorting is the likely culprit and not grouping. Most likely the sorting is set to %path_sort% (or something based on path) which explains why compilation albums not stored together do not group together. Change the sorting to something tag-based.

EsPlaylist has a sort box that can be used. You also might want to change the sort under Shell Integration in foobar's preferences.

Reply #2
How are those compilation albums organized? Are they split up across artist directories? If yes, then sorting is the likely culprit and not grouping. Most likely the sorting is set to %path_sort% (or something based on path) which explains why compilation albums not stored together do not group together. Change the sorting to something tag-based.

EsPlaylist has a sort box that can be used. You also might want to change the sort under Shell Integration in foobar's preferences.

Spot on! You were right both on guessing my having individual artist folders and on supposing 'sorting' would *erm, sort that out which it did and it worked a charm!

Thanks a lot!

Edit: just noticed the unintentional *pun
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução