Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 223292 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #350
No, it would simply mean that "Search for same" and format presets would be configured separately.

Database Search

Reply #351
Is there any chance this will be updated to enable embedding in the main window?  I love this plugin, and it'd be really neat if I could just add it as another component in the main window.

Database Search

Reply #353
This is a great component and already is very configurable, but just wanted to ask if it will incorporate the UI of the 0.9.5 beta, I mean using the color theme of the whole UI, grouping the search results, and stuff like that.

Database Search

Reply #354
When (and if) it will be possible to embed the database search window in the Default UI, it will also use the common font and color configuration. As for grouping, this feature is not available through the SDK, it is internal to the Default UI.

Database Search

Reply #355
No, it would simply mean that "Search for same" and format presets would be configured separately.

Hello foosion,
i just would like to mention when doing so it would make sense to change the name of context menu entry from "Search for same" to "Search for": the rest could then be part of the presets name. It is more natural language to search for:

-similar artists
-same album
-other albums of the same artist
-appearences of the artist on compilations
and so on...

(By the way! There is a little but annoying usability issue with foo_random: when choosing a query preset from the dropdown list you can't access the OK button as long as you don't add a space sign(f.e) to the query text)

And yes, it would be wonderful to see somedays Database Search as Ui-element.

Database Search

Reply #356
Hi,

I really appreciate this plugin. But I found a bug that is somehow strange and I don't know if it is a Database Search Plugin bug or a bug of the new Foobar version 0.9.5 or the interaction between them.

The Bug:

"Add to Playback Queue" does not work with Hotkeys (neither global nor local) in the search result box (since foobar 0.9.5 beta versions (???)).

Explanation:

I've always used the global hotkey ctrl+alt+j to open the search dialogue and the local hotkey q to add a search result to the playback queue. But instead of adding the search result to the playback queue the current playing song is added to the playback queue.

My workaround:

Use "Add to playback Queue" as default action. Then everything is fine.

So long
KungFuZius

Database Search

Reply #357
Have you checked what the "Q" shortcut is bound to after upgrading to 0.9.5?

Database Search

Reply #358
well, that OSX icon in Database Search Demo toolbar just fits my needs, and the options for searching is just too great.

for example talking about some unicode filenames & tags, it points that this is the only plugin that can do it (+ not restrected to only media library):

configuring tags to for ex. $ascii(%artist%) gives the chance for some searces like "Šarlo Akrobata" to get results just by typing "Sarlo" without the need for some keyboard arrangements

the examples are probably endless just like your ideas to search

great plugin, thank you foosion

Database Search

Reply #359
This one is really cool and powerful. How good are the chances of getting a panel-version of that plugin for ColumnsUI?

Database Search

Reply #360
About the same as the chances of a UI element version for the Default UI: zero.

Database Search

Reply #361
Foosion, do you plan to update this component so search will work regardless of diacritics (i.e. ö and o considered the same)?

Database Search

Reply #362
well, that OSX icon in Database Search Demo toolbar just fits my needs, and the options for searching is just too great.

for example talking about some unicode filenames & tags, it points that this is the only plugin that can do it (+ not restrected to only media library):

configuring tags to for ex. $ascii(%artist%) gives the chance for some searces like "Šarlo Akrobata" to get results just by typing "Sarlo" without the need for some keyboard arrangements

the examples are probably endless just like your ideas to search

great plugin, thank you foosion

Hey 2E7AH,
how do you do this? I tried to alter my search string in this way with $ascii(%album%) but it do not work.
Example: I've got the song:

[blockquote]%artist% - %album% - %title%
Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun - Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása[/blockquote]

If I alter my search string from  [$meta(album)] to [$meta($ascii(%album%))] or [$ascii($meta(album))]  I just do not find the album "Ágætis Byrjun" if I type "Agaetis".
Where is my fault?

Database Search

Reply #363
$ascii($meta(album)) should work, but others not (you have to put $ascii in front of the metadata)

better try:

$ascii(%album%)

but latest foobar version have this ability - to parse search string with accented latin characters

EDIT: hey, you are right!

the latest version doesn't work, but 0.9.6 works OK

so, maybe foosion will do something about it

Database Search

Reply #364
Hey 2E7AH,

it doesn't works with 0.9.6 / 0.9.6.1b2 for me.

I thing the ability to parse search string with accented latin characters applies only to the build in Media Library Search.

Here you see, that all the other songs of the album Ágætis Byrjun are not displayed (only the title named Agaetls).. 

screenshot

Am I doing it wrong?

Moderation: Please do not inline images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. Please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.

Database Search

Reply #365
hey again

i probably made a mistake

i haven't used it for some time

you'll need to search using Query, and it works fine in latest foobar version

sorry for misleading

Database Search

Reply #366
Hey again,

no problem! :-)
I've tried it in several ways again, but with my foobar, it doesn't work :-/

I renamed a song to "Šarlo Akrobata", to reproduce your search..

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

Could it be some kind if incompatibility?

These are my components:

Code: [Select]
Core (2008-12-23 14:17:14)
    foobar2000 core 0.9.6.1 beta 2
foo_albumlist.dll (2008-12-22 21:06:20)
    Album List 4.3
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2008-03-09 19:08:02)
    Audioscrobbler 1.3.16
foo_cdda.dll (2008-12-11 23:36:36)
    CD Audio Decoder 2.1.4
foo_converter.dll (2008-12-11 23:36:36)
    Converter 1.2
foo_dbsearch.dll (2007-01-25 20:58:48)
    Database Search 1.4
foo_dsp_std.dll (2008-12-11 23:36:40)
    Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_facets.dll (2008-12-04 11:55:31)
    Facets 2008-02-25
foo_fileops.dll (2008-12-11 23:36:30)
    File Operations 2.1.1
foo_highlightplaying.dll (2006-08-13 19:57:05)
    Highlight playing 0.1.0
foo_input_std.dll (2008-12-11 23:37:08)
    Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_lastfm_radio.dll (2008-10-11 07:12:14)
    Last.fm Radio 0.4.2
foo_masstag.dll (2008-11-29 20:46:18)
    Masstagger 1.7.1
foo_playcount.dll (2008-11-13 11:04:28)
    Playback Statistics 2.1.7
foo_pqview.dll (2008-03-11 18:02:54)
    Playback Queue Viewer 0.2
foo_prettypop.dll (2008-12-01 19:48:22)
    Pretty Popup 1.2.4
foo_rgscan.dll (2008-11-13 20:08:54)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.8
foo_run.dll (2008-01-17 19:32:42)
    Run services 0.3.4
foo_sendtodevice.dll (2007-11-28 10:13:46)
    Send to Device 1.1.2 [Nov 28 2007 - 10:13:31]
foo_ui_std.dll (2008-12-12 22:05:28)
    Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_vis_shpeck.dll (2008-12-04 11:06:41)
    Shpeck - Winamp vis plugins wrapper 0.3.0

A happy new year to all of you :-)

Moderation: Replaced large inline images with links.

Database Search

Reply #367

well, that is strange

have you tried "Gron" for Grönemeyer?

also my filenames are ascii (ansi), no unicode chars (in case that be the glitch)

and what is your need from this component: to be able to search in all playlists?

Database Search

Reply #368
Hey again and a happy new year!

I found a way to make it work for me:

[$ascii(%artist%)]|[$meta(artist)]

If I chose only one of them, I always only get results with or without accented characters.
so my "All your favorite tags" now look like:
[$meta(artist)]|[$ascii(%artist%)]|[$meta(album)]|[$ascii(%album%)]|[$meta(title)]|[$ascii(%title%)]|[$meta(comment)]|[$ascii(%comment%)]|[$meta(date)]

Thanks for help!

Database Search

Reply #369
hey Schuft, happy new year to you too

you always find some way to do it, like the one for multiple value tagging

Database Search

Reply #370
I didn't find the component that creates the UI Playlist View. What I ask may be either good to ask there or here.

I am looking for something that gives me search fields directly in the playlist. First row are the fieldnames as it is now, 2nd row would have input boxes and the next rows would display the results. At the end, this would function as filtering on several fields.

Database Search

Reply #371
I am looking for something that gives me search fields directly in the playlist. First row are the fieldnames as it is now, 2nd row would have input boxes and the next rows would display the results. At the end, this would function as filtering on several fields.

If you are using the default UI, foo_facets is capable nearly exactly what you want. The only "drawback" is that the results would not show up in a playlist but in a facets view.

Or: Have you already tried the "Media Library Search" UI Element?

Database Search

Reply #372
Have you already tried the "Media Library Search" UI Element?

Yes, and it is now replaced it with foo_facets, thank you! :-) Field specific search boxes still would be better, combined with drop downs like in Excel ;-)

Database Search

Reply #373
when i try to put database_search_demo toolbar as panel, it show only at fixed dimension and cannot be resized and also forces other panels at that size like shown:

in toolbar it works ok
other toolbar panels don't behave like this, they work correcly if put as panels outside the toolbars
also if i put database_search_demo in dockable panels it shows correctly
so i don't know if it is something with this component or with columns ui?
same on vista and xp

Database Search

Reply #374
I didn't expect that I'll see my post as last here  I use it as standard toolbar now

OK, don't know if this component is developed any more, but thought to ask something:
"Search for same..." context menu entry is activated only when one item is selected, but can it become dynamical?
For example:
- I have selected artist in filter or facet or just multiple playlist items that have same artist - in this case "Search for same > Artist" should be available (and maybe also entry "more..." with filtered entries in dropdown)
- or I have selected some items that share same album and date - so that this entries should be available

It can extend it functionality in playlist view, but mainly I think as new function in all media library views.