Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: unable to Bitstream .dtshd file to AVR (Read 2119 times) previous topic - next topic

unable to Bitstream .dtshd file to AVR

I have HTPC, which is connected to AVR through HDMI. I was playing .dtshd file in foobar. It shows below error message

"Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):"D:\Track_01.dtshd""

So, i use "foo_input_dtshd.dll" component. Now, It is playing fine. But,Foobar decodes the DTSHD file and sends MCPCM data to AVR. I need to send the DTSHD data to my AVR so that decoding will be done by AVR instead by Foobar. I searchd in net but no useful. Please guide me. Thanks in Advance.

Reply #1
AFAIK the only way to bitstream DTS-HD is to use one of the blu-ray players, or a DirectShow player with ffdshow or LAV filters. Also, which graphics card do you have? Although pretty much all graphics cards from the past 5 or so years should be able to do it. If you have one of the 15-minute-fame HDMI audio cards like the Xonar HDAV or the Auzen card, I think you're screwed, those require a direct path with a specific player (one with Arcsoft's TotalMedia Theatre and the other with PowerDVD).

Reply #2
It is possible to bitstream DTS-HD, and Dolby TrueHD for that matter, (via HDMI) to your receiver with MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema).
Check the Audio Decoder properties under Internal Filters to see how.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #3
Can anyone confirm whether the HDAV can bitstream HD audio in MPC-HC without having to change to the TMT audio renderer? i.e. Can any random player now bitstream HD audio through the HDAV? I have the Auzentech HTHD and only PowerDVD can bitstream HD audio.