Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 689564 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #925
Please try version 0.2.7.1.  Hopefully this will fix the crashes people are still having.

Reply #926
Please try version 0.2.7.1.  Hopefully this will fix the crashes people are still having.
I would say that the problem is fixed now, but now I can't reproduce it with the old version either! (Though I don't have the same CD I saw the crashed with any more.)

Reply #927
Yes, I was suffering crashes when using v0.2.7, but v0.2.7.1 now works fine.
Thanks very much!

BTW: when i try to set the source of nocovers in a randomized way, the function $rand() is not recognized by v0.2.7, which used to work fine on v0.2.6. The preview shows [UNKNOWN FUNCTION]. Can anyone please help me with this ? I'll really appreciate that.

Reply #928
its not crashing anymore over here which is good, but it is loading the 2nd source now instead of the first source. also, --images\no_cover.png results in no image, i have to specify the full path.

Reply #929
BTW: when i try to set the source of nocovers in a randomized way, the function $rand() is not recognized by v0.2.7, which used to work fine on v0.2.6. The preview shows [UNKNOWN FUNCTION]. Can anyone please help me with this ? I'll really appreciate that.

See this thread:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=59707

You might look at the "Cycle all wildcard matches" option as an alternative to show a random nocover.

its not crashing anymore over here which is good, but it is loading the 2nd source now instead of the first source.

What is your source list?

also, --images\no_cover.png results in no image, i have to specify the full path.

Check the changelog.  paths are now relative to the "components" directory.

Reply #930

See this thread:

You might look at the "Cycle all wildcard matches" option as an alternative to show a random nocover.

Thank you! Problem solved.

Reply #931

See this thread:

its not crashing anymore over here which is good, but it is loading the 2nd source now instead of the first source.

What is your source list?

also, --images\no_cover.png results in no image, i have to specify the full path.

Check the changelog.  paths are now relative to the "components" directory.

i've got some more info on this. here are my 2 sources.
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg
C:\Program Files\foobar2000\images\no_cover.png

this issue only happens after the album art plugin loads the no_cover image. if you manually change album art sources with the context menu or restart foobar the issue goes away until the no_cover image is loaded again.

i tried using a jpg image in another directory but nothing changes. its almost as if there is a variable set to indicate whether the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,... images are to be displayed and it is not properly reset before it loads the image for a new track.

btw, im not using any cycling options and also tested this on a new default foobar2000.cfg with just columns UI and album art where it still happens.

hope this helps.

Reply #932
its almost as if there is a variable set to indicate whether the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,... images are to be displayed and it is not properly reset before it loads the image for a new track.

This is intended.  Try changing the option "On track change, revert to first source" to "Always".

You could also try using this as your source list:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg
--C:\Program Files\foobar2000\images\no_cover.png

Note the only change I made is to add two hyphens ("--"), which indicate a no-cover source.  If the panel is displaying a no-cover source, it will reset to the first source, regardless of the "on track change, revert..." setting.

Reply #933
interesting. i guess a lot of the behavior is a bit different then it was with the last release. thanks for helping me sort it out.

edit: could you perhaps add an option to get album art from selections in the playlist tree. this feature was just added but i would like to disable it.

Reply #934
Please try version 0.2.7.1. Hopefully this will fix the crashes people are still having.

My crashes are gone! Thanks a lot for the update.

Reply #935
If i scroll through my open programs in windows with the alt + tab function and scroll pass foobar and back to the currently active program, the album art is still showing.

I recorded the bug, to make it more obvious.
http://peecee.dk/?id=86302

I use win xp sp2
foobar2000 0.9.5. beta  8
foo_uie_albumart 0.2.7.1

Reply #936
That's not the default XP task switcher, is it?  This bug has been reported before, and it happens with other programs that display window previews.  As far as I can tell, it's an issue with the Windows API and not with foo_uie_albumart.

Reply #938
i upgraded to foobar 0.9.5 and album art 0.2.7.1 and my source file doesn't work(album art only works for finding album covers) it worked on foobar 0.9.4.4 & album art 0.2.6.

$if(%path%,,images\logo.png)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.jpg
-$if($stricmp($left(%path%,7),'http://'),'images\radio.png',)
--$if($stricmp($left(%codec%,4),cdda),images\cdrom.png,)
--images\default.*

please help me 

Reply #939
In 0.2.7 and newer versions, paths are relative to the location of foo_uie_albumart.dll (usually the 'components' folder) instead of the foobar2000 program folder.  You should either move the 'images' folder, or put the entire path.

Reply #940
it works !

thanks for helping me out 

Reply #941
Great plug-in thanks to everyone involved!! (and btw: happy new year).

One question: has anyone noticed that while the panel refreshes just after opening foobar or just after the art changes, it blinks and sort of draws over anything else on screen?

For example, open foobar and hurry to click the "file" menu. If the menu is shown over the album panel, you will see that the menu disappears until you move your mouse over the items, or you exit the menu and click "file" again.

Is this normal? I'm sure it's not my computer because it's happening on other computers i have too. And previous versions didn't do this (I think, two versions ago or so).

Thanks for your comments/fixes

Reply #942
This is a nice addon, but I seem to be having a few problems with the latest version.

First off the Album art is really pixelated/bad quality. I have full size album art covers and the plugin seems to be shrinking them down in size. I have resizing quality set to highest, so I am lost as to what to do now. I right clicked the Album art and chose to copy the image file location, and it seems to be turning all my album art from "AlbumArt.jpg" to "AlbumArtSmall.jpg"

My second problem is that if I don't have album art, instead of getting the default.png for no album art, all I see is a plain white background. I've searched the thread and read the wiki but I haven't been able to find any answer. Any help would be great!

Reply #943
Hello, i have problems with this pulgin: I have to add another source location, but i cant find the preferenes for this. Unlike described on the wiki page, there is no "album art" button to be found in my foobar under preferences - display - columns ui - vertical splitter.

Could somebody tell me how i can get to the options page anyway?

I'm using foobar 0.9.5 (FofR skin) and album art 0.2.7.1.

Thank you!

edit: I found it out myself. You need to go to: preferences - panels ui - user globals and add $if($not($fileexists($get(coverPath))),$puts(coverPath,E:\Program Files\foobar2000\albumart\%artist%.%album%.folder.*)) (or similar) after the line $puts(coverPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.*)).

Reply #944
Any chance you could add an option to do auto-cropping?
ie in ugly pseudocode,
if (pic.width/pic.height < container.width/container.height)
then
pic.scale(pic.width*container.height/pic.height,container.height);
else
pic.scale(container.width,pic.height*container.width/pic.width);
endif
pic.crop(container.width,container.height)

Possibly too would be an option to justify the crop(left/center/right, or top/middle/bottom).

It would really make multi-page cover scans nicer to display:)
Note: this could maybe be added as some sort of suffix in the image chooser maybe(if possible at all)? Something like "-$replace(%path%,%filename,,)->crop(left,middle)"

Anyway, great work there.

Reply #945
The panel will already crop if you have the option "Shrink album cover art to fit panel" unchecked.  In addition, you can left-click and drag to move the image around.  As far as justifying the image, your only choices are left/top or center/center, controlled by the "Center album cover art in panel" option.

Reply #946
First i want to say how much i love this plugin. I have just a feature request that would make my life so much easier. Do you think it would be possible to add a drag and drog feature. Something that when you drag an image on it would allow you to save it. I see it like it would propose you to save it as the first source you have(dont really know what it would do with wildcards yet).

Do you think that is something doable? Does what you use to load images allow you to save them in different formats?

Reply #947
Ich hab vorhin auf foobar 0.9.5.2 aktualisiert (vorher war's 0.9.4.2) und beim Starten kam ich sofort einen Absturz und ein dump-file... Es hat ne ganze Zeit gedauert (Danke an #foobar2000-de), aber jetzt habe ich das albumart-Plugin als Schuldigen ausfindig gemacht:

Crash location: "foo_uie_albumart", loaded at 01050000h - 0108D000h

Entferne ich die dll-Datei läuft foobar. Was für Infos sollte ich noch bereitstellen? Hier läuft ein WinXP.

Danke!

EDIT:  Hab die 0.2.7.1er Version grad erst entdeckt, hatte nur 0.2.7 hier... damit ist der Crash weg. Erledigt.

Reply #948
^^ some well-deserved babel-fishing

I a while ago on foobar 0.9.5.2 updated (before war' s 0.9.4.2) and when starting I came immediately a crash and a dump file… It ne whole time lasted (thanks at #foobar2000-de), but I the albumart Plugin now as guilty one made: Crash location: " foo_uie_albumart" , loaded RK 01050000h - 0108D000h I remove the DLL file run foobar. What available for information should I still make? Here a WinXP runs. Thanks!
EDIT: 0.2.7.1 it version degree only discovered, only 0.2.7 here… thereby is the Crash had away. Settled.

Reply #949
Well, if you want to know here's the correct translation (didn't translate it before, cause I was pissed of that he justs thinks he can post in any language he wants and expect people to speak to him...)
I just upgraded to foobar 0.9.5.2 (before I was running 0.9.4.2), but when I tried to start it I instantly got a crash with a dumpfile. I quite took some time (I'd like thank #foobar2000-de), but now I found the albumart-plugin to be causing the problem:

Crash location: "foo_uie_albumart", loaded at 01050000h - 0108D000h

If I remove the dll, foobar runs without problems. What kind of information do you need? I'm running WinXP.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just discovered the 0.2.7.1 version - I was running 0.2.7. The creash is gone now. Problem solved.