Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shpeck for newbs (Read 8241 times) previous topic - next topic

Shpeck for newbs

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]v0.5
Changelog:
05/30/2010|0.5 - init release[/size]

[!--sizeo:6--][span style=\"font-size:24pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Shpeck for newbies.[/size]
fb2k converts, listen up. These tips will help you out if you want the visuals of Winamp without the Winamp player. After this, you can remove Winamp and free up a bit of space on your system. Follow the steps below and be amazed amused.
Note: This guide assumes you will place the required items in Foobar2000's directory. Else, shove 'em wherever, just copy everything you need to if you still wish to use Winamp.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Prerequisite[/size]
Install Shpeck
Update Winamp (this guide applies for the newer versions of Winamp, for those looking for stuff on older versions where nscrt.dll is required, tough luck; Look around in this forum.)
Make a new folder called "plugins" in your fb2k directory.
Open Notepad, then save a file as "winamp.exe" in the (sub)directory where the fb2k plugins folder is

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Optional[/size]
Make a new folder to contain the new plugins folder and blank executable you made.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Milkdrop[/size]
In your \Winamp\plugins directory, find \Milkdrop2 and transfer that to the plugins folder you made in fb2k's directory.
Grab Andreasvb's modified DLL file for Milkdrop2 and shove it in the plugins folder. (Note to self: Thank her some time.)
From the Winamp plugins folder, get milk.ini and put it in there as well.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]AVS[/size]
In \Winamp\plugins, seek out vis_avs.dll and vis_avs.dat, as well as the avs folder, and stuff them in fb2k's new plugin directory you made.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen[/size]
(Coming soon enough when i figure it out!)

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Activation[/size]
So you went throughall this effort, and you wanted to see your result, right? To do so, you must visit Preferences (File, Preferences or <ctrl>+P) and find the new "Visualizations" branch that was made with the shpeck component. Then under Shpeck, click the ellipsis button and find the folder your winamp.exe folder is in. After shpeck sees winamp.exe, and if you did everything right, you should see your visualizers. It's just like Winamp; Pick one and stick with it. Then try another, and another.

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]A/N note: Made on a late night. If you've got something to point out, be nice about it, and I'll gladly credit you with the extra info.[/size]

Shpeck for newbs

Reply #1
[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]v0.9
Changelog:
05/30/2010|0.9 - Final release for forum.
Add. note:
If it's trashed, oh well. I wanted it trashed anyway so I can start this from scratch and begin anew with linking to a webpage or something.[/size]

[!--sizeo:6--][span style=\"font-size:24pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Shpeck for newbies.[/size]
fb2k converts, listen up. These tips will help you out if you want the visuals of Winamp without the Winamp player. After this, you can remove Winamp and free up a bit of space on your system. Follow the steps below and be amazed amused.
Note: This guide assumes you will place the required items in Foobar2000's directory. Else, shove 'em wherever, just copy everything you need to if you still wish to use Winamp.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Prerequisite[/size]
Install Shpeck
Update Winamp (this guide applies for the newer versions of Winamp, for those looking for stuff on older versions where nscrt.dll is required, tough luck; Look around in this forum.)
Make a new folder called "plugins" in your fb2k directory.
Open Notepad, then save a file as "winamp.exe" in the (sub)directory where the fb2k plugins folder is

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Optional[/size]
Make a new folder to contain the new plugins folder and blank executable you made.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Milkdrop[/size]
In your \Winamp\plugins directory, find \Milkdrop2 and transfer that to the plugins folder you made in fb2k's directory.
Grab Andreasvb's modified DLL file for Milkdrop2 and shove it in the plugins folder. (Note to self: Thank her some time.)
From the Winamp plugins folder, get milk.ini and put it in there as well.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]AVS[/size]
In \Winamp\plugins, seek out vis_avs.dll and vis_avs.dat, as well as the avs folder, and stuff them in fb2k's new plugin directory you made.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen[/size]
Download this file and put it in plugins. Thanks to Andreasvb for encouraging me to modify the manifest, it was practically a cakewalk once I knew what I was doing.

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Activation[/size]
So you went throughall this effort, and you wanted to see your result, right? To do so, you must visit Preferences (File, Preferences or <ctrl>+P) and find the new "Visualizations" branch that was made with the shpeck component. Then under Shpeck, click the ellipsis button and find the folder your winamp.exe folder is in. After shpeck sees winamp.exe, and if you did everything right, you should see your visualizers. It's just like Winamp; Pick one and stick with it. Then try another, and another.

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]A/N note: This thread is officially dead. Close it. Trash it, even. Next revision I will just make a document for download. Since I cannot edit the original post, why bother making a new post every time I need to add something?[/size]

Shpeck for newbs

Reply #2
Binned on OP's request
elevatorladylevitateme