Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC frontend 1.6 released (Read 4774 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC frontend 1.6 released

I've just uploaded FLAC frontend 1.6. It now supports tagging of FLAC files through Tag.exe. Link: http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/flac.htm

BTW1: Are FLAC tags the same as Ogg comments?
BTW2: Is someone working on a FLAC Winamp plugin that can show the tags?

Reply #1
Nice

Originally posted by Speek
BTW1: Are FLAC tags the same as Ogg comments?

More or less. I decided to use name "FLAC tag" instead of "Vorbis comments" to avoid some confusion with tag handling, and also because Ogg and FLAC don't use them identically (for example vorbis libraries can't read comments from FLAC stream).

Apparently: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/showth...29126#post29126.

Reply #2
Originally posted by Speek

I can't find plugin sources... I was going to do some copy/pasting and include simple tagging support.

Reply #3
Originally posted by Case
I can't find plugin sources... I was going to do some copy/pasting and include simple tagging support.

They're in CVS with everything else, under flac/src/plugin_*
If you're just browsing you can start with CVSweb here
Otherwise you can check out from CVS directly, instructions here

Josh

Reply #4
Originally posted by jcoalson
They're in CVS with everything else, under flac/src/plugin_*

Well, I got the sources but my intentions were too optimistic. I can't even compile it, nmake complains about missing win32.mak and custom created project in MSVC doesn't want to work either.

Reply #5
Originally posted by Case    
Well, I got the sources but my intentions were too optimistic. I can't even compile it, nmake complains about missing win32.mak and custom created project in MSVC doesn't want to work either.

Yeah, I'll try to get .dsp files for everything in 1.0.4.  The Winamp3 plugin has one though.

Josh