Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873244 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #75
Great improvement on the usability.
Really good work, thanks.

One small bug I noticed:
When for the background image 'display cover art' is selected and the filename has an underscore in it, it won't load it. For example 'album_front.jpg'

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #76
Great improvement on the usability.

This was one of my main aims, so it's good to know I've achieved it to some degree!

'display cover art' is selected and the filename has an underscore in it, it won't load it. For example 'album_front.jpg'

This will be fixed in the next release - I've upgraded it to use the new version of the album art extractor.

Sorry about the lack of releases recently, I've been busy with work.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #77
Would you please consider adding 'http://www.darklyrics.com/' to the lyrics database?
I and many metal fans with me would really appreciate it.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #78
All requests have been noted, there's no need to re-request them!

I am focussing on core functionality, rather than online databases at the moment, but it will be done.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #79
Thanks. 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #80
Last night the plugin couldn't find a match for Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper but it found dozens of matches for Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) the Reaper. Could you make it possible so that characters like Ö and O are interchangeable in search?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #81
@The vern

Please bring fuzzy search back, or the lrc files whose names contain invalid characters such as ":" replaced by "_" will not be loaded.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #82
@Szekely

I am aware of this, and it will hopefully be solved in the next release.

@holyrevenger

I've already been asked to do this.... (It has already been solved, it was an error in the code - but this hasn't been released yet).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #83
Thank you!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #84
'display cover art' is selected and the filename has an underscore in it, it won't load it. For example 'album_front.jpg'

This will be fixed in the next release - I've upgraded it to use the new version of the album art extractor.

Sorry about the lack of releases recently, I've been busy with work.

it'll be good if we can use title formatting too, my "biography view"/foo_uie_biography panel saved the pictures on .\Scans\%album%.* and foo_uie_lyrics3 wont read them, can i request such a feature?

thanks before

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #85
it'll be good if we can use title formatting too, my "biography view"/foo_uie_biography panel saved the pictures on .\Scans\%album%.* and foo_uie_lyrics3 wont read them, can i request such a feature?

Wouldn't it be the best if the vern would concentrate his effort to the original domain of the component rather than "improving" an absolute senseless feature: placing an image under a text results in not being able to read the text and to enjoy the image. Dui as well as Cui have their own art viewer there you can display all images you would like to see

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #86
well, as it is already a feature he add, i just ask if he can improve it a bit, it's a different story if he didn't add it before
it's already there, just need some improvement

and i'm yet to request it, i am asking can i request it

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #87
Naturally you are allowed to ask as i am allowed to comment a senseless feature. Why don't you like to display your artwork in the art viewers? Did you try to put the title formatting line in foobar2000s display preferences? As long as the internal art reader is used you probably will have success with that.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #88
Naturally you are allowed to ask as i am allowed to comment a senseless feature. Why don't you like to display your artwork in the art viewers? Did you try to put the title formatting line in foobar2000s display preferences? As long as the internal art reader is used you probably will have success with that.

that's what i do now, but when i want to view the lyric or just checking whether there's a lyric or not i need to switch tab
it'll be good if i can decrease the tabs even if only one, i got too many tabs XD

ok, I'll stop the off topic now

regardless the addition of new features or not, I'll still say thanks for the development as it is a fresh breeze in term of stability issues

EDIT : I'm using DUI and its default art viewer, and i already put \Scans\%album%.* (or %artist%.*) in display preference so it works fine, i just find it troublesome to switch tabs between viewing lyric or cover

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #89
If you are using Cui and its art viewer: where did you put the line to view this pictures "\Scans\%album%.*"? Be sure to place it in display preferences!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #90
Did anyone have success aquiring the source code from google code? I tried and failed. May be because of me sitting behind a proxy and being not clever enough to configure Mercurial?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #91
a request:

I know about the "About current lyrics" command in context menu. Nevertheles it is unconvenient to use it just for seeing what source is used. What do you think about a dropdown box with all available sources? It would display the source and it would allow quick changing of the source.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #92
Why doesn't it always prefer synced lyrics, even when they are available. I have the "prefer synced" option enabled, but many times it will download un-synced instead.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #93
Can you share more of your settings?  Your situation is possible if a database earliest in the search order only finds unsynced lyrics, and you selected "only query the next source if no valid lyric is found".

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #94
here are my settings, mostly default as you can see:

I understand what you say, and it would makes sense, except for that most synced lyrics show up after a search in viewlyrics.com and not always selected automatically. viewlyrics.com is up in the priority, as default. :/
I think there should be a two-level rule: "If not found in [local; tag; association]" -> "query all and pick the best".

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #95
One more suggestion!

- It'd be nice if I could create a blank lyric file in the local directory with the correct name. For example you could use a method like: "Open with external editor (will create a new file if none exists)"? This is very useful in case I want to paste a .lrc file from the internet that isn't included in the search function, or just write the lyrics in manually in case no file exists.

I found some lyrics on www.51lrcgc.com that the search function couldn't find, but I don't know if that's a useful database for you to use.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #96
A very minor request, since this is really covered by the fallback text, but could an option be added to tag instrumentals to not be searched.
I listen to a lot of e-music and ambient, and it seems a waste of resources/time for lyrics3 to go looking when there won't be anything in the first place!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #97
- It'd be nice if I could create a blank lyric file in the local directory with the correct name. For example you could use a method like: "Open with external editor (will create a new file if none exists)"?

Though not exactly what you are asking for, this can be achieved via foo_run. Something along the lines of the following - entered in Service properites path:
"C:\Program Files\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe" "C:\Folder\Path\FolderOfYourChoice\ %artist% - %Title%.txt"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #98
Oh that's a really good idea, thanks! I'll definitely give that a try (I even use Notepad++! ). EDIT: Works great, thanks again. Disregard that last suggestion The vern!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #99
Is the Local File search working for someone?

I tried a lot of combinations of artist and title search parameters, even something like "Depeche Mode" / "Enjoy the silence" for which I know, that there is a text-file in my lyrics directory named "Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence.txt". -> Nothing!

The local file search doesn't seem to find anything, regardless of the search parameters. Of course, I double-checked the custom search path and even tried different values for search depth but I can't get it to work.