Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 879746 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1975
@Veksha (or anyone else here):

Thank you so much for your work.

Could you please tell me which address the component tries to reach when querying Musixmatch? I'm trying to whitelist it in my firewall, but so far adding: musixmatch.com, api.musixmatch.com, and some others like it, still results in a blocked request. I haven't been able to reverse DNS the blocked IPs (the last I got was 54.230.31.68, but the IP changes often).

Thank you in advance.

Reply #1976
@Veksha (or anyone else here):

Thank you so much for your work.

Could you please tell me which address the component tries to reach when querying Musixmatch? I'm trying to whitelist it in my firewall, but so far adding: musixmatch.com, api.musixmatch.com, and some others like it, still results in a blocked request. I haven't been able to reverse DNS the blocked IPs (the last I got was 54.230.31.68, but the IP changes often).

Thank you in advance.

apic-desktop.musixmatch.com (foo_multisource.dll)
apic.musixmatch.com (foo_uie_lyrics3_musixmatch.dll)

i think they are one and the same. so whitelist both just to be sure.

Reply #1977
That did it. I already had apic but was missing apic-desktop.musixmatch.com.

Thank you!

Reply #1978
That did it. I already had apic but was missing apic-desktop.musixmatch.com.

Thank you!
BTW, you can use fakenet to see where application is trying to connect.

Reply #1980
@veksha:  I noticed that you have posted .42 of Multisource over at Reddit.  Can you tell us what changes were made from .41?  I have been having such problem-free results with .41 that I hesitate to update it without knowing if there are any performance improvements I might benefit from.  Thanks.

Reply #1981
@veksha:  I noticed that you have posted .42 of Multisource over at Reddit.  Can you tell us what changes were made from .41?  I have been having such problem-free results with .41 that I hesitate to update it without knowing if there are any performance improvements I might benefit from.  Thanks.
Hi, @sveakul . I had some very rare crashes with 0.41. @Sergey77 reported some more to private message box. So 0.42 is an attempt to fix them. (My guess is there will be less or almost no crashes on multi-core systems, but on a single-core processor it can happen more often. i'm not a huge expert in developing multi-threaded applications, so I'm learning along the way.)   :))

Reply #1983
Thanks veksha on the extra info for the .42 release.  I've installed it now and all is working great.  I and many others appreciate your work on this!  I don't know how it could be improved further, even the database selection seems ideal now.

Reply #1984
Guys, is anyone else having problems with "Multi DB: Minilyrics"?

It was working fine a couple of days ago (tons of results), but now it takes forever and I don't get a single result from that source. I also use: Musixmatch, QQ, AZ and Songlyrics and they seem to be working fine (but much less results than what Minilyrics used to return).

I'm using: foo_multisource 0.42 (SSE2), foo_uie_lyrics3 0.5 and Foobar v1.6.5.

EDIT: I just installed foo_uie_lyrics3_minilyrics 0.9.2 to see if it helped, but the same thing happened: no results from Minil. and the search took longer than usual.

Reply #1985
I tried just now and it does seem to "hang" on the Minilyrics source and never find anything, before proceeding to the next.  And yes, a couple of days ago this did not happen.  I only search for non-synced lyrics, but even so Minilyrics would often return results.  Changes at the website?

Reply #1987
does anyone know why my lyrics are in this jumbled mess? tried searching for a solution and i couldn't find anything :(

note that this also happens on Lyric Show Panel 3 too

Reply #1988
does anyone know why my lyrics are in this jumbled mess? tried searching for a solution and i couldn't find anything :(

please give more information. like name of a song , lyric source, etc

Reply #1989

please give more information. like name of a song , lyric source, etc
.the song is www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuQZrUHjhg
and it seems that its getting the subtitles from the Youtube Source and only from it, not using Google Source or the multisource lyrics that include genius and azlyrics in it. [tl;dr it only found lyrics from youtube and not other sources despite lyrics of the song existing on those sites]
the search parameters for the artist are: [%artist%]
and for the title is: [%title%]
It's weird that this component also cant find lyrics for some (maybe even most) songs in sources/sites even though the sites have the lyrics :I

Reply #1990
It's weird that this component also cant find lyrics for some (maybe even most) songs in sources/sites even though the sites have the lyrics :I
By "this component", do you mean LSP3 with the Multisource plugin?  If so, your experience is the opposite of mine--most songs I play via Internet radio streams find multiple sources for their lyrics, and display them fine.  Can you please post a screenshot of your Lyric Searching tab settings from Prefs/Tools/Lyrics Show 3?

Reply #1991
.the song is www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuQZrUHjhg
and it seems that its getting the subtitles from the Youtube Source and only from it, not using Google Source or the multisource lyrics that include genius and azlyrics in it. [tl;dr it only found lyrics from youtube and not other sources despite lyrics of the song existing on those sites][/tl]

[tl;dr it only found lyrics from youtube and not other sources despite lyrics of the song existing on those sites]

let's see the list of these songs.

Reply #1992
I'm using Lyric Show Panel 3 to display lyrics. Every time the song starts, LSP3 spends a few seconds searching for lyrics. This occurs even if there's a text file containing the lyrics in the same folder as the song. Is there a way to not perform this search if a lyrics file is already present?

And some songs (like instrumental music) doesn't have lyrics files. Is there a way to tell LSP3 to not perform a lyrics search in this case?

Reply #1993
I'm using Lyric Show Panel 3 to display lyrics. Every time the song starts, LSP3 spends a few seconds searching for lyrics. This occurs even if there's a text file containing the lyrics in the same folder as the song. Is there a way to not perform this search if a lyrics file is already present?

And some songs (like instrumental music) doesn't have lyrics files. Is there a way to tell LSP3 to not perform a lyrics search in this case?

What type of lyric format preference did you set in LSP3 settings? if "prefer synced" then it will continue to search until it finds synced one.

Reply #1994
In addition to what veksha said, also make sure "Local file search" is at the top of the list in the search order if you store lyrics as external files (and Tag Search if you use embedded lyrics).  Use the "Properties" button to tell Local File Search where to look.

Reply #1995
Thanks for the advice! I was able to get it to stop searching by changing the synced vs non-synced preference.

Is there a way to tell LSP3 to not do a search for certain tracks (like instrumental tracks)? Or will LSP3 always do a search?

Reply #1996
Thanks for the advice! I was able to get it to stop searching by changing the synced vs non-synced preference.

Is there a way to tell LSP3 to not do a search for certain tracks (like instrumental tracks)? Or will LSP3 always do a search?

If you will tell LSP3 how it can distinguish between instrumental and non-instrumental then it is possible.

Reply #1997
So in other words, it's not possible?

Reply #1998
So in other words, it's not possible?
it is possible.
look in Advanced tab of LSP3 settings. you will see there a Search Filter.
there is a hint below this field:
Code: [Select]
Return 1 to prevent a search. e.g. $if($stricmp(%genre%,instrumental),1,0)

if all your instrumental files will have their genre tag equal to "instrumental" then you can use this filter and it will work for you nicely.
this is only an example. you can compose your own filter.

Reply #1999
This is great! Thanks so much!

Do you know if there's a way to prevent searches based on the folder the track is in?

I have audio files in folders titled "Songs", "Soundtracks", and "Podcasts". How do I tell LSP3 to not search for lyrics when the audio file is in "Soundtracks" and "Podcasts"?