Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2035693 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #3050
Well, no joy here. 

I did confirm again that KB5000841 DOES cause the issue [jpg will not display, tho png will],

but  KB5001639 DOES NOT fix it.

wating on MS to get it together....

Reply #3051
Discogs seems to have stopped working with AAD

Is there a new script available?

TiA

Reply #3052
Seems they are blocking by user agent. I've uploaded a v0.23 which identifies itself appending your machine name to the UA string, so hopefully Discogs will treat each user as an individual and block or allow them based on their own usage rather than as the application in general.

If it fails again, try changing the line starting request.UserAgent to, well, anything else. Your guess is as good as mine!

Reply #3053
Seems they are blocking by user agent. I've uploaded a v0.23 which identifies itself appending your machine name to the UA string, so hopefully Discogs will treat each user as an individual and block or allow them based on their own usage rather than as the application in general.

If it fails again, try changing the line starting request.UserAgent to, well, anything else. Your guess is as good as mine!

Just tested it and it works. Really appreciated!

Reply #3054
awesome, thanks Alex!

Reply #3055
Hi everyone, I have been using older versions of all my audio tools for years now and have reached a point where I need to upgrade everything.

How does the current version of AAD integrate with fb2k?  (I've been using the COM automation server, and I seem to recall this was deprecated even way long ago but "it worked for me".)

Reply #3056
Hi, "coveralia" plugin is not longer working

Reply #3059
Hi,

just want to mention, that the bandcamp.boo fails to do its work finding matching covers from the site.

check the screenshots. happens to almost all runs I do.

no covers, present on the webpages are shown.

can this be fixed? or is it just me?

and a big thank you for this very useful piece of code! helped us all the years! easy to use, speedy and no useless clutter!

Reply #3061
bandcamp.boo fails to do its work finding matching covers from the site.
Unfortunately it looks like Bandcamp's search is just not very good. Album Art Downloader XUI will do a search on the site like: https://bandcamp.com/search?q=%22Night+Driver%22+%22Spectravision%22 and the results that I see there match your screenshot fairly well. As to why a search for "Night Driver" "Spectravision" doesn't return the album Spectravision by Night Driver as the first result, that's something you will have to take up with Bandcamp! I do note that it is better at searching album titles than artist names, so you might try just omitting the artist when you search?

Reply #3062
Unfortunately it looks like Bandcamp's search is just not very good.
U're right, I could have checked the bandcamp search myself before, which I did not, because I assumed it will work. How wrong I was! Sorry! The bandcamp search is underwhelming.
 I try my luck and write a mail to them....
you might try just omitting the artist when you search?
That worked much better, thanks for the hint!

Reply #3063
This is just a problem caused by a regression in wine, but I'll share here just in case it's useful.

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.5.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.IFileDialog.Show(IntPtr parent)
   at Microsoft.Win32.FileDialog.RunVistaDialog(IntPtr hwndOwner)
   at Microsoft.Win32.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(Window owner)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.AlbumArt.SaveAs(Window dialogOwner)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.SaveAsExec(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Reply #3064
Thanks, but it looks like it's coming from inside the Windows common file "Save" window, not something under my control. You can probably work around it by setting the path to save as (just click on it to edit) without using Save As, and then just clicking Save.

Reply #3065
Thanks, but it looks like it's coming from inside the Windows common file "Save" window, not something under my control. You can probably work around it by setting the path to save as (just click on it to edit) without using Save As, and then just clicking Save.

Perfect!  Thank you!

Reply #3066
Is there any chance you could add PNG as the filetype to download from iTunes and Deezer?
Thanks.

Reply #3067
Is there any chance you could add PNG as the filetype to download from iTunes and Deezer?
I don't see any option on Deezer or iTunes for downloading png files instead of jpg. iTunes is tricky in many ways, so lets start with Deezer; can you construct a URL for an album of your choice that downloads a png rather than a jpg?

Reply #3068
I don't see any option on Deezer or iTunes for downloading png files instead of jpg. iTunes is tricky in many ways, so lets start with Deezer; can you construct a URL for an album of your choice that downloads a png rather than a jpg?

For Deezer the app itself already downloads PNG files I didn't realized when I wrote the comment, for iTunes just replacing the JPG extension for PNG works.
For example:
https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music124/v4/b2/d4/d3/b2d4d377-849e-3ed1-d72c-14c90fc962d8/source/9999x9999-100.jpg
https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music124/v4/b2/d4/d3/b2d4d377-849e-3ed1-d72c-14c90fc962d8/source/9999x9999-100.png

https://is5-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music115/v4/0b/51/38/0b5138cf-80b6-6a3b-b760-1779f1ff7398/source/9999x9999-100.jpg
https://is5-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music115/v4/0b/51/38/0b5138cf-80b6-6a3b-b760-1779f1ff7398/source/9999x9999-100.png

And the downloaded PNG files aren't just renamed JPG files, they are real PNG files.

Thanks.

Reply #3069
And both of the examples you provided appear to have all the same JPEG artifacts as the JPEG versions, which would indicate that they were converted from JPEGs.

Reply #3070
That's something we can't be certain about. That could be for the two examples I gave above but not necessarily apply to every release. As far as getting the PNG file, it can be done.
The same can be said for Deezer, yet the app downloads the PNG versions of the artworks. The same can also be said for resolutions, there are LOTs of albums on iTunes (and Deezer) that have high res front covers but they are just re-sized low quality ones, and that doesn't apply to every album.
I'm not (trying to) discussing the quality of the PNG files, I was only asking for an option to download them.

Thanks.

Reply #3071
As kode54 points out, where a png file is simply an auto-converted jpg file then I don't want Album Art Downloader to request png specifically, there's no benefit to it. It's a bigger file size of the exact same image. But, if that's something you really want, you can just edit the iTunes.boo file and replace where it says "jpg" with "png".

If you do happen across an example where the png file is not identical to the jpg then do let me know, I can see if there's any way to automatically detect that case. Otherwise, I prefer to keep it as the original jpg.

Reply #3072
Thanks, I didn't know I just had to edit the boo file.

Reply #3073
Anyone else getting black screen with wine 6.23? Downgraded to 6.22 for now which works.

Reply #3074
Anyone else not getting any search results from fanart.tv. It seems not finding anything even it worked well some time ago.
Any help? Thanks