Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Re-ripping - saving old ID3 tags? (Read 2209 times) previous topic - next topic

Re-ripping - saving old ID3 tags?

I am about to rerip my CD collection and I'll be encoding to FLAC and MP3.  I've spent a lot of time fixing all the ID3 tags of my old files (mp3).  Is there a way to save these old tags and overwrite the new tags with this information?  Thanks!

Greg

Reply #1
got foobar?
Then put your old files in a playlist, and your new files in the same order directly below them in the playlist.

Right click>Tagging>Copy info between files.

Reply #2
I think this option needs a "are you sure box"  becuase when you first use it and are like hmm i wonder if theres a gui you drag from or something and then BLAM! whatever was selected... well you know..  Its just as bad as deletion if you think about it.

any seconders here? =)

Reply #3
um. it does give you a gui, to ask you which tags to copy..
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #4
Thanks everyone... that should save me a ton of time.  Will this also work for MP3 -> FLAC?  I.E. can I copy MP3 ID3 tags to FLAC tag info in the same manner?

Reply #5
Yes.

The most important thing is that foobar's copy tags works by playlist order. So if you are doing a lot of files at once it helps to use the same naming scheme and do "sort by file name". That way you won't end up with tags applied to the wrong files.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021