Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Undeleted WAV file (Read 3161 times) previous topic - next topic

Undeleted WAV file

Hi. I have one of those chinese DAPs (known as S1 MP3 Player).
I unintentionally recorded some voice conversation between some (female) friends. (I left them alone for some minutes and then came back).
One of them desperately urged me to delete it once she realized it was recording everything. She didn't say the reason but I acceded.
Now I'm thrilled. Just undeleted the file (originally IMA ADPCM 16bit Mono 32kbps) but apparently has no header. Any clues on how to recover the file, or if it's possible?
The size is about 10 megs.

The bad thing is that I recorded voice again after that, but even then, the file recovery software I used said the file condition was "good". Tried to open with Audition and Wavelab but no luck (unknown file format).

Thanks in advance.

Undeleted WAV file

Reply #1
(originally IMA ADPCM 16bit Mono 32kbps)

Try to open it in Audition with "Open As" and choose as Filetype "DVI/IMA ADPCM". If this dosn't work, try to open as "PCM RAW Data".
.halverhahn

Undeleted WAV file

Reply #2
Or respect your friend's wishes and don't do it at all.

Undeleted WAV file

Reply #3
Maybe this topic will be helpful.

Undeleted WAV file

Reply #4
You should be able to play it with Sox, just have to specify the various options.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021