Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagging Question (Read 3523 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagging Question

I'm having trouble getting foobar2000 (V9.1 using both Azreal and Navigator) to display the "album" title on several whole albums and many segments of albums.

I've checked the meta tag data and all of the tracks appear to be labelled correctly. The tags are id3v2|id3v1 and the underlying information is from sources like Amazon and FreeDB.

All insights gratefully accepted!

Thanks,

Midas

Tagging Question

Reply #1
Can you upload a sample of the files with the same tags?
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Tagging Question

Reply #2
Can you upload a sample of the files with the same tags?

Thanks Eliott. Here's the tag from one track, where the artist and the album don't appear. Interestingly this only happens in Album mode -- in Single mode it's fine.

TITLE = Life During Wartime
ARTIST = Talking Heads
ALBUM = Fear of Music
DATE = 1982
COMMENT = ÜberStandard - UberNet.org
TRACKNUMBER = 5
GENRE = Rock

bitrate = 128
codec = MP3
encoding = lossy
channels = 2
samplerate = 44100
mp3_stereo_mode = stereo
tagtype = id3v2
----------
697583 samples @ 44100Hz
File size: 253 036 bytes

Best

Tagging Question

Reply #3
Maybe your album mode requires TOTALTRACKS?

edit: also, hello fellow talking heads fan

Tagging Question

Reply #4
Maybe your album mode requires TOTALTRACKS?

edit: also, hello fellow talking heads fan

I looked in the Global Variables section of Playlist View and didn't see a TOTALTRACKS setting -- am I looking in the wrong place?

Good to know there is another TH fan on the board. Recently I've been revisiting some of David Byrne's other material (eg the Catherine Wheel and My Life in the Bush of Ghosts) and it stands up remarkably well.

Anyhow, thanks for your help. I'm going to have another look at this in the morning when I'm fresh.

Cheers!

Midas

Tagging Question

Reply #5
I looked in the Global Variables section of Playlist View and didn't see a TOTALTRACKS setting -- am I looking in the wrong place?
Dunno, I have no experience with those FCSes.