Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hi All Audiomans! (Read 3751 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi All Audiomans!

Hello,I am in Czech Republic and interested remastering old gold vinyl LPs to CD and digital portable format for DJ & Party into PC.Sorry for my bad english (moooore learn),I am happy for this audio multiformat forum.This is great!!! I am two weeks sick=more time for develop big listening test mainstream codecs.
(MP3,OGG,AAC,WMA7-8,VQF bitrates 96-128-160 & maximum kbps )I send my subjective results for yours
in .rtf txt file? This is OK?

Hi All Audiomans!

Reply #1
well, to remaster you obviously need to have the appropriate software, hardware (i.e. decent quality sound card), a good pair of monitors, some knowledge about equalizers, sound dynamics, and most importantly a good pair of ears to listen to what you're doing

once you restored your vinyl, then you can encode it using your desired compression format
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper

Hi All Audiomans!

Reply #2
Originally posted by outscape
well, to remaster you obviously need to have the appropriate software, hardware (i.e. decent quality sound card), a good pair of monitors, some knowledge about equalizers, sound dynamics, and most importantly a good pair of ears to listen to what you're doing

once you restored your vinyl, then you can encode it using your desired compression format

Well,superb sound from my set is "danger" i am gourmet,this is long-hard work,remove Rumbles (very blade Hi-pass filter)and bigger click&pop manually and trying for various declick&dehiss plugins into my Wavelab go to usable 24/96 Master Wave- cutting - batch resampling and bit-scale down to 16/44,1 and optional additive encoding is funny & easy.I like honest sound of 70´and 80´s.

thx for your previous reaction and Hi!

Hi All Audiomans!

Reply #3
hi dawsoo2222,

because of the very nature of your source, you only want to remove noise and vinyl artifacts as much as you can without adversely affecting the music.  as you may know, the stuff on vinyl has already been mastered.  you don't want to do it again.  what i mean is apply eq, multiband compression, limiting, reverb, etc.  professional remastering is done only on the final mix.

of course there are no rules, i myself have done a lot of them when i was woodshedding.

hope this helps.

cheers,

albert