Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "No music files found" and stream parse problem (1.2.30 beta) (Read 961 times) previous topic - next topic

"No music files found" and stream parse problem (1.2.30 beta)

1.2.30 beta on Android 11.

Opening an Icecast-stream (using its Icecast-generated .m3u playlist URL) results in a "Playback error: invalid server response: http://<server-url>/mountpoint.ogg" error message. I noted that it seems to be parsing the playlist file but then not able to handle playing back from the actual mountpoint.

The stream in question is encoded at Opus 192 kHz, streaming an Icecast mountpoint with an .ogg extension. Loading the URL of the mountpoint directly in "Play location" does work though no song metadata is shown.

I've also found I can only add stream URLs to a custom playlist if I open the location, stop playback then hit back to go to the "Custom Location" screen, where I can tap-and-hold on a stream entry and choose "Add to playlist: <custom playlist name>". If I try and add to a custom playlist by inputting a stream URL on the "Play location" screen and using the "Add to playlist" button, it shows a "no music tracks found" error.

It would be great if the Play location dialog had a dropdown or MRU list so you could refer to previously opened URLs. Also, the ability to import and export custom playlists would be a valuable feature.
Don't forget International Talk Like A Pirate Day! September the 19th!

Re: "No music files found" and stream parse problem (1.2.30 beta)

Reply #1
There is no such thing as Opus 192 kHz. Opus is limited to 48 kHz. Anything else is either encoded at lower rates, but decodes to 48 kHz, or is downsampled to 48 kHz and encoded.