Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any way to write playlists to disk on change? (Read 795 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any way to write playlists to disk on change?

Lately my neighborhood is suffering from a lot of power outages and when that happens, I lose all changes done to my playlists.
I noticed that the only time my playlists are actually written to disk is on a proper foobar close.

So is there any option to write the playlists to disk whenever they change, or at least every X minutes?
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Re: Is there any way to write playlists to disk on change?

Reply #1
Autosave & Autobackup (aka, foo_jesus)

Select how often to save in Preferences > Advanced > Autosave... (keep it conservative though, no need to set it every minute)

Be sure to modify the 'Files and directories to backup' to include playlists* so current versions backup the right folder (see documentation link) - this is just for the zip archive.

You can also manually save by [hold SHIFT key] > File > Save Configuration (or make it a toolbar button) and just click it after you have made major changes.

Re: Is there any way to write playlists to disk on change?

Reply #2
Thanks!
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.