Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Starting from 1.6.6 ALBUM TITLE wrong (Read 1129 times) previous topic - next topic

Starting from 1.6.6 ALBUM TITLE wrong

Since version 1.6.6 my ALBUM TITLEs, that are normally edited in MP3Tag, are read unlike what was saved in MP3Tag. All versions before 1.6.6 do read the changes I make in MP3Tag correctly. Attachment is made with both versions on the same file, both versions fresh installed without any extensions.

Re: Starting from 1.6.6 ALBUM TITLE wrong

Reply #1
You need to provide more information. As a test I used the latest Mp3tag and set ALBUM field to "001 GARDINER TCNE" in random mp3 and m4a files and foobar2000 v1.6.9 showed the information correctly.

Reply #2
Need to know the file format? And if mp3: the tag format? ID3v1 and/or ID3v2 and/or APE? Mp3tag has a column for that.

Also, are you positive that you asked fb2k to reload the tags after altering them in Mp3tag?

Reply #3
Nearly all my files are FLAC. I converted one to MP3 and M4A. ALBUM TITLE changes of the MP3 in MP3Tag are reflected correctly in the newest version of Foobar, but changing tags of the FLAC is recognized only up to version 1.6.5 and, which I haven't noticed before, changes of the tag of the M4A are not recognized by 1.6.5 either.

Reply #4
Did you see the reply from Porcus? If you have configured Mp3tag to retain the original file timestamps foobar2000 won't detect new edits automatically. If the files show no signs of changes from the last time (their size and last modified time are the same) cached information will be used.

You can force tag reload for example from the properties dialog's Tools button. Or by holding shift while you right click the problem tracks, there will be related context commands under the Tagging-submenu.

Reply #5
I found the option in MP3Tag "Preserve file modification time" and it's been unchecked. I cannot find though an option in the preferences of Foobar to force reload tags and using shift does not bring up the updated tag.

Reply #6
Select the tracks, right click one of them. Then select "Properties" from the bottom of the context menu.
Properties dialog opens and shows detailed information about the metadata in the tracks. At the bottom you'll see a button labeled "Tools". Click it and you'll get another menu with several actions. Click on "Reload info".

If your files still don't show the tags you added with Mp3tag, please share one of the problematic tracks.

Reply #7
The properties (in foobar 1.6.9) also show the album name before it was edited in mp3tag. Attached one extremely cut file to make the upload manageable.

Reply #8
Thanks for the sample. Would have helped if you had mentioned you are dealing with a file with embedded cue sheet.
Your cue sheet tells the album is called "test" so the two album titles are in conflict. Since the cue sheet overrides the track info I think it's logical it also overrides the album level info. But I don't know the exact reasoning for the cue sheet behavior change.