Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [BUG] CUERipper - Unable to Disable Metadata Search (Read 1913 times) previous topic - next topic

[BUG] CUERipper - Unable to Disable Metadata Search

I'm using CUERipper v2.2.0 and I can't seem to disable the Metadata search. According to the information on THIS page all i should need to do is go in to the options and set "Matadata search" to None which will prevent the lookup but when I put in a CD it still pulls Metadata.

Is there another way of disabling it or should i just put in a fake proxy?

Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Re: [BUG] CUERipper - Unable to Disable Metadata Search

Reply #1
A fake proxy will prevent CTDB and AccurateRip verification. A fake CTDB server will prevent CTDB verification.
It looks like it was still working as of the 2.1.8 release (only tested a few CDs). I confirm that some external freedb metadata is showing starting with 2.1.9 and the Metadata search option set to none.
korth

Reply #2
Thanks for the confirmation Korth.

Maybe I could use the local host file to block the FreeDB site while i wait for the next version?

0.0.0.0 gnudb.gnudb.org

Reply #3
Unfortunately that's not going to do it. CUERipper isn't getting the metadata from gnudb. The freedb metadata was replicated and stored on the CTDB.
korth

Reply #4
Ahh ok, looks like I'll roll back to 2.18.

Thanks again Korth.

Reply #5
The option "Metadata search" "none" is under CTDB (CUETools database) in the Options dialogue.
Remark: CUETools 2.1.8 was already updated to use gnudb.org. Please check the reported version again.
So concerning freedb entries from gnudb.org, adding the following to hosts will help:
0.0.0.0 gnudb.gnudb.org

However, if the Reload button is clicked in CUERipper, then still available metadata results from CTDB will be shown.

Reply #6
I stand corrected on the hosts file (should've tested first).
I did retest of 2.1.8 got the same results as before. Waited 15 minutes, tested again and different results (this time 2.1.8 found external metadata with "Metadata search" set to "none").
Reminder: previous rip metadata is stored locally in \CUE Tools\MetadataCache\ (found in %APPDATA% or if running as portable then in the program folder). CUERipper can still access these.
korth

Reply #7
@A_Man_Eating_Duck Just curious: What is the reason for completely disabling metadata search?

Reply #8
Hi c72578,

I'm ripping a whole bunch of English CDs for a small library and they want to keep a naming standard for all the disks.

the only data they want is

Album = Name of CD in the library system
Artist = Barcode number

If more than one disk then
Disk number
Total disks

The track numbers should show as track xx.

If the metadata is pulled especially for track titles it takes a long time to fix up. Most of these English CD's have 30 to 50 tracks on each disk.

Reply #9
Hi,
thanks for sharing the background info, why the metadata is not needed.
I guess you can work for now with the blocked gnudb.gnudb.org

It looks like implementing the following point from the Suggestions/Requests will also help in this case:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118915.0

CUERipper.exe, 8.
Provide a blank space (or Unknown Artist - Unknown Title) in the metadata selection drop-down list for when the metadata retrieved is not correct for the inserted media (this can happen with CD Singles for example when only freedb results are returned).

Best regards
Wolfgang

Reply #10
As an alternative to blocking gnudb.gnudb.org in the hosts file, you can also edit CUERipper.exe.config and replace the value there, e.g.:
Code: [Select]
    <CUERipper.Properties.Settings>
      <setting name="MAIN_FREEDB_SITEADDRESS" serializeAs="String">
        <value>0.0.0.0</value>
      </setting>
    </CUERipper.Properties.Settings>

Reply #11
Remark: Since CUETools 2.2.1, the freedb site address is a setting, which can be disabled if desired (use e.g.: 0.0.0.0).