Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 143218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #400
Relative paths in playlist exports.

I'd really like to store my playlists in a separate folder, but it appears that foobar only uses relative paths if the path of the playlist is wholly contained within the path of the music file, and if it does, strip it from the music filepath and put the remainder in the playlist.

playlist_path  = /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/playlist.m3u8
music_filepath = /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/track1.flac

So the path that gets written to the playlist becomes dir5/track1.flac

I understand why you'd want to scope the traversal of directories, but how about you opened it up to those contained within the Music Library path?

Music Library Path  = /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/
music_filepath      = /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/music/track1.flac
playlist_path       = /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/playlists/playlist.m3u8

Both contain the "Music Library path" so strip the Music Library path from both, and suffix music_filepath with as many ../ as there are folders remaining in playlist_path.
So,
music_filepath      = music/track1.flac
playlist_path       = playlists/playlist.m3u8

becomes ../music/track1.flac

It handles loading of playlists containing ../, so it would make it more consistent if it could also create them.

Regardless, thanks for the truly excellent piece of software.

Reply #401
The static number is reported by the library, I assume. It can't be just the average for file size versus duration, as the bitrate is unaffected by things like tags or embedded album art.

Sorry to respond to such an old post but when playing audio in mpv today I noticed that in conjunction with the mpvstats.lua script, it does indeed show the bitrate fluctuating realtime for FLAC files. This must be some sort of "hacky" implementation that you mentioned right? At any rate mpv is open source so perhaps their method could be looked at... Although a long shot for such a useless and niche feature, I admit.

Reply #402
Option to save "Pause" state/position PER PLAYLIST, without having to resort to third party add-ons. I think this bookmarking ability is the only obviously necessary feature missing from a standard FB2K install.

Reply #404
Hi would like to suggest regarding the Metadata of a file.
On a file properties > Metadata > and I added addtional info by adding new field.
On Selection properties UI element the metadata that was added via adding a new field is not showing.
Can you add/update so that whatever new field was added will in properties > Metadata will also reflect on Selection properties UI element

Thanks.

Reply #405
^ @ShadowKite

You can do that already by adding the custom field to Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties Dialog > Standard Fields -

Code: [Select]
Field Name=FIELD;

Reply #406
Option to save "Pause" state/position PER PLAYLIST, without having to resort to third party add-ons. I think this bookmarking ability is the only obviously necessary feature missing from a standard FB2K install.
Then you'd need a way to switch the playing playlist without forcibly starting a new track.

Reply #407
Invert selection

I like this idea so the next version of my JScript Panel component will have it but only as plman.InvertSelection for script writers and on the context menu of the included playlist scripts.

Obviously it would be super easy for Peter to add as well - I'm using his SDK code to do it.

Reply #408

You can do that already by adding the custom field to Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties Dialog > Standard Fields -

Field Name=FIELD;

Thanks. I always thought that part was only check boxes and radio button. Did not expect I could edit that part. *facepalm*

Reply #409
Then you'd need a way to switch the playing playlist without forcibly starting a new track.

That doesn't sound too hard. Just some options in Prefs to set it how you like. Fact is, FB2K is the only media player I know where you can't store bookmarks for playlists. It's a functional necessity for any modern media player, IMO, and kind of shocking that FB2k doesn't have it.

Reply #413
I still want a good way to clean duplicate. The current option is waaaaay too basic.
You search a playlist for duplicates. If duplicates are found, show them to the user who will decide which file to keep (or none) until there are no more duplicates.

Where to find duplicates should also be configurable, using the common title formatting tags.
A few defaults:
1. Compare between two filenames (allows to remove same files)
2. Compare between two "artist + title" tags (allows both tracks to have different filenames)
3. Compare between two albums (allows removing entire duplicate albums)

Then, show a window with the results with an option to save to a file (in case mistakes happened).

Cheers.

Reply #414
Ability to remove items from the File Operation Preview window.

Reply #415
(lossless) integrity verification and AccurateRip verification:
Upon AccurateRip verification, it will anyway have to decode. If decoding errors are found ... why not report to user?

Reply #416
Is there a dynamic normalizer that works for live radio streams? Thank You.

Reply #417
There's my dynamic normalizer, the R128 Normalizer, which uses the EBU R128 algorithm to measure the incoming stream, and attempts to maintain approximately -18 LUFS regularly. It does have quite a bit of latency, though, so things like radio streams may take a moment to start playing.

Reply #418
(move operation during playback)
If currently playing file is queued for move, read the file entirely to memory so the file handle may be closed and the file moved. Complete the playback from memory. Perhaps some sanity check on a maximum file size or fail as per current implementation, but I'm sure anything <1GB is *yawn* for most current PCs.
I'm currently frequently listening to files I move for various reasons, and its tedious to have hanging chad to go back and find later.
<3

Reply #419
Hello!
Now, maybe I'm just ignorant of it and it exists, but I have never seen this functionality. Do you know the issue when you load a VA album on your playlist, and then you can't sort anything by artists anymore, because every VA album goes scattered throughout the whole alphabet?

There should be some option that allows to chain (and unchain when needed) a selected set of tracks together, preventing them from being sorted in any way except manual.

Howgh!

Reply #420
You sort by %album artist% instead. It will default to artist if the album artist tag is omitted.

Or if you are using an albumartistsortorder tag.
After that, year, album title for tiebreaker if an artist releases two per year, and track number. 

Reply #421
Would love some basic regular expression in title formatting. for example.

$if($strstr(variable,[a-z][0-9]?),do the thing))

or just a simple

$regex(variable,<some regex match pattern>)

Reply #422
Could the Album List component get separate actions for "Send to New Playlist and Start Playback" and "Send to New Playlist Without Starting Playback"? What I want is to set the double-click action to the former and the middle button action to the latter, making it easy to open to playlists for albums I might want to listen to later without disturbing playback. Right now, I can only set both actions to "Send to New Playlist", with the playback behavior set by the "Start playback" checkbox under Playlist interaction.

My workarounds now are to leave the "Start playback" box checked and make non-playing playlists either by dragging a selection to an empty part of the playlist tabs elements (difficult when the tar bar spans multiple lines and there is no empty space) or by creating an autoplaylist from the selection, which doesn't preserve album list sorting order (it seems to always sort by filename).

Reply #423
Hello Foobar Dev Team,
months ago, and even years ago, I was asking to have direct VST (2 and 3 now) support integrated into Foobar.

Now I believe this "option" to be obsolete and a new smarter approach would look better.
As already implemented in products like VB-Audio Voicemeeter, Banana and Potato, a set of virtual ASIO / AUDIO IN and OUT would provide an even more flexible and future proof solution.

As well described here https://voicemeeter.com/quick-tips-voicemeeter-virtual-i-os/
This kind of Virtual Audio I/O allows to loop in any decent DAW, offering so an unlimited audio elaboration capacity.

And, concluding, I believe also that for you, Foobar Dev Team, this would be something very simple, you just have to implement a set of virtual interfaces, not a VST hosting platform with all its audio routing engine and so on.

What do you think about?

All the best for the coming soon Foobar V2 and kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #424
It's an audio player, not a DAW.