Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9.2 beta 4 released (Read 49137 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #75
I updated first post.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #76
No point in testing if there is no changelog.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #77
As of new in beta 4, I see Utils > Optimize MP4 layout, which was in 0.8x series. Now all we possibly need is a Convert to MP4 item to put MP3 in a modern container.

Also, have you noticed that fully reading Library > Rescan Media Library tip in status bar is possible only in 1024x768+ with foobar2000 window maximized? Ah, forget that. Never mind. Don't listen to me. foobar2000 is just that great!
stimulating the audio nerve directly

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #78
What happened to the tag types (for mp3) in beta 4?
I can't see what tag types there are in Track Properties, nor in "Tagging -> MP3 tag types".

P.S. I've taken this to the support forum.
solved
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #79
What happened to the tag types (for mp3) in beta 4?
I can't see what tag types there are in Track Properties, nor in "Tagging -> MP3 tag types".
They both works just fine here. 

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #80
Still no changelogs.
Might-have-been promisses, eh.
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #82
Changelog per betas not per releases, BenniP.
Remember times of 0.8 branch.
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #83
Alright, here is your changelog:

Random bugfixes. 

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #84
Alright, here is your changelog:

Random bugfixes. 

LOL. But for real, what should testers seek for if you don't tell us what's changed?

Oh, I see actually, if you tell us, we'll ask for something else, 'cause we most possibly don't like how it currently works (and we do ) and this would take forever…

edit: typo
stimulating the audio nerve directly

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #85
You shouldn't seek for anything. You should use the new beta, just like any version. If something works strange report it. If you're missing something ask for it.

I think you should be able to figure out, if something that you needed, and wasn't in the previous versions, appeared in the new beta.
If you can't find the new feautures, you probably don't need them... Just let the testing to the people who want them, and know what they're doing

(as i see, some people here are really eager to 'test'  )

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #86
Don't know if i'm the only one, but the playback resume function doesnt work properly anymore...

When my song is still playing I close foobar...
Then when I start foobar again the song resumes playing...

With foobar 0.9.2 beta 3 this still worked for unlimited times, but with beta 4 it only works for one time.

So: I close foobar while playing a song > I start foobar again, playback resumes... > I close foobar again while still playing the same song > I start foobar, but nothing happens. It says: No track playing.

This is annoying me...

Also since beta 4 I have many mp3's which only play for 30/40 seconds and then skip. I will test the same songs with another player (Winamp) to check if the mp3's are still allright and this is also an new foobar bug...

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #87
So: I close foobar while playing a song > I start foobar again, playback resumes... > I close foobar again while still playing the same song > I start foobar, but nothing happens. It says: No track playing.
I have no such problem here. Does it happen with a specific audio format?

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #88
I'm just playing MP3... Tryed to remove some plugins, but still the problem remains...

I'm using latest versions of:
foo_browser.dll
foo_channel_mixer.dll
foo_playcount.dll
foo_ui_columns.dll
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll
foo_uie_trackinfo.dll

When I installed beta 4 I completely removed beta 3. Uninstall > Remove complete directory. So beta 4 was a complete clean install.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #89
You shouldn't seek for anything. You should use the new beta, just like any version. If something works strange report it. If you're missing something ask for it.

I think you should be able to figure out, if something that you needed, and wasn't in the previous versions, appeared in the new beta.
If you can't find the new feautures, you probably don't need them... Just let the testing to the people who want them, and know what they're doing

IBTD.

1.) If there are changes and bug fixes, I'd test the new beta with a closer view to those.
2.) Searching for what may have changed is a waste of time.
3.) I don't like the approach 'developers on the one hand and unworthy starving idiots on the other'.

At the moment I see undocumented and in no way officially announced betas. What does this mean? Does it mean: "WE do not want YOU to test anything, imagine there was no new beta"...?

Don't know if i'm the only one, but the playback resume function doesnt work properly anymore...

When my song is still playing I close foobar...
Then when I start foobar again the song resumes playing...

With foobar 0.9.2 beta 3 this still worked for unlimited times, but with beta 4 it only works for one time.

This does not happen to me (on W2KSP4).

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #91
Finally 0.9.2 beta 4 installs fine in wine 0.9.12 :-)

Aside from that, has anyone succeeded setting a tracknumber with idv2 tags in a mp3?
Doesn't work for me in beta 4...

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #92
We - a closed inner group - test the betas until considered OK, then you see the releases here on the forum.
Then a beta version should not be linked anymore or distributed to the public. The Beta page is even linked on the foobar2000.org front page...

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #93
We - a closed inner group - test the betas until considered OK, then you see the releases here on the forum.
Then a beta version should not be linked anymore or distributed to the public. The Beta page is even linked on the foobar2000.org front page...

eh?!? speak for yourself! Some of us are update addicts and/or simply trust that things have improved and that there's less chance of something bad happening. What's the big deal?

edit: note I have no intention to cause offence. If anyone don't like the undocumented betas then they don't have to use them. If the devs don't feel the need to solicit help outside their preferred beta testers then that's their decision and they might as well release the latest incarnations to the public anyway, with the usual cavets of them being beta versions. Personally I like the option to use them.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #94
eh?!? speak for yourself! Some of us are update addicts and/or simply trust that things have improved and that there's less chance of something bad happening. What's the big deal?

Calm down, dear Cpt. Spandrel. If you want less chance of something bad happening — use stable releases, beta versions are de facto more dangerous, that's why there are things like beta reports about crushes etc.

Changelog for beta versions should be posted if it's public testing.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #95
1.) If there are changes and bug fixes, I'd test the new beta with a closer view to those.

To be honest I think Molnart explained perfectly well how you can do proper beta testing without a changelog. If there is an issue with a previous beta that you know off simply look into the matter and see of the problem still persists in the latest one.

Actually no one demands of you to search for anything. If you are not happy with how the current betas are released simply stick to the latest final version.

3.) I don't like the approach 'developers on the one hand and unworthy starving idiots on the other'.

Well, if you feel that way you should seriously reconsider the attitude you have towards yourself. Because this certainly isn't the attitude we have towards the users.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #96
Changelog tells us what to check (if prior bugs were really fixed), what to test (new features) and what to discuss before stable release willl be compiled (in case something habitual like APE decoder has gone and you notice it at last gasp).

Hey, just look around! All wide-known projects have changelogs and people are thankful. (BTW, advanced teams use trackers, so wishes/bugs are not duplicated and audience are informed about dates/priorities).

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #97

Actually no one demands of you to search for anything. If you are not happy with how the current betas are released simply stick to the latest final version.

Well, if you feel that way you should seriously reconsider the attitude you have towards yourself. Because this certainly isn't the attitude we have towards the users.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive now. But to me it feel like this project is full of exactly that attitude. Lots of people answer in that flavour: "Don't critisize -> you don't have to use the software". The project becomes more and more unfriendly IMO.

@Cpt. Spandrel: "If anyone don't like the undocumented betas then they don't have to use them." --> But I like documented betas and would like to use them.

0.9.2 beta 4 released

Reply #98
Apparently people no longer manage to post bug reports in separate threads in the appropriate forum when there is a beta thread.

Thread closed.