Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 166600 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #350
Thanks for the share @naraganset,

if anyone has updated Georgia-ReBORN as of now, you can download custom disc art and just rename the png to cd-custom.png or vinyl-custom.png
and replace the existing ones in foobar2000\profile\georgia-reborn\images\discart

Now you can activate them from the top menu Options > Details > Disc art > Display disc art placeholder > CD - Custom or Vinyl - Custom.
Don't forget to also activate Options > Details > Disc art > Spin disc art while songs play.

To add more slots in the context menu Options > Details > Disc art > Display disc art placeholder, follow this tutorial here.
I have also added it to the FAQ on the Github page.

-TT

Reply #351
Many thanks (again), spreading the word, this is the best foobar theme ever

Reply #352
Ok, so I feel a little silly because I've been searching on how to get this feature and it feels like I've been glossing over something repeatedly; I wanted to ask, how do you get the Library design to look the way it does in a lot of the promo images/gifs where the Album art is shown and then underneath are the songs in that album?

So far toying around with the settings myself I've been unable to replicate it.

Reply #353
Hi @SnappDragon10,

do you mean how to display the album art grid view or change to different library designs?

The quickest way to display the album art grid view is to right click in the library for context menu > Show album art.
Then you can right click again and change width to full > Change layout to full width.
To switch back to tree view, right click > Show tree.

To change the library design, go to top menu Options > Library > Design
or in the library top right, click on the ... settings button > Quick setup.

-TT

Reply #354
Hi,

Yes, I meant Library Designs. I've gone through it again and realized the type of "design" I was looking for was actually the mode/display you can switch between when you select the "Library" button from the toolbar. Thank you for your help though!

Reply #355
Greetings. Why these warnings?

Reply #356
Hi @rankxerox,

This is just a warning that picking the primary color from album art at the moment it tried failed when using the White/Black/Reborn/Random theme.
It happens when <Album art could not be properly parsed! Maybe it is corrupt, file format is not supported or has an unusual ICC profile embedded> or when no album art cover in the folder exist.
It's useful for debugging to see, if there are conflicts with the album art cover or why the album art cover is not being displayed.

If you have no problems with the current playing album art cover when the warning in the log occurs, you can ignore the message.
If you have problems ( not being/correctly displayed ) with the current playing album art cover, you need to replace it.

-TT

Reply #357
@TT thanks for your answer. I installed the Georgia version, same setup, same album playing and same cover. I did other tests with different covers graphically and I always got the same answer. I would say it is interesting.
foobar2000 - Georgia:

foobar2000 Georgia-ReBORN:

Reply #358
Thanks for your comparison @rankxerox,

I've looked further into it and found out that this happens only on startup initialization due to calling a function.
This should be fixed now, you can download this cosmetic fix here and replace your existing files.

Thanks for reporting!

-TT

Reply #359
Perfect, Here there are no soap bubbles in the pockets. Thanks for your support, unconditionally.

Reply #360
Hi, thank you for this theme it is amazing.
I have an issue that I think might be Windows Insider/preview build related but whenever I reboot windows, I have to reinstall the Georgia-reborn Windows font packs manually in order to get the controls to display correct symbols. This used to be the case with the old Georgia theme too. It wasn't happening to me until I went back to insider.

So I don't think this is really a bug, but has anyone resolved this? The only thing I can think to do besides changing Windows build is make a script to automatically install the font packs upon reboot.

Reply #361
I have an issue that I think might be Windows Insider/preview build related but whenever I reboot windows, I have to reinstall the Georgia-reborn Windows font packs manually in order to get the controls to display correct symbols. This used to be the case with the old Georgia theme too. It wasn't happening to me until I went back to insider.

So I don't think this is really a bug, but has anyone resolved this? The only thing I can think to do besides changing Windows build is make a script to automatically install the font packs upon reboot.

Hi @Arylcyclohexylamine,

I typed this in Google search "after reboot fonts missing" and you should probably try these:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution-installed-fonts-disappearing-after/146f4039-47c3-4017-a9b1-76f72badce39

https://www.fonts.com/support/faq/fonts-disappear-on-restart#:~:text=Right%20click%20on%20the%20font,remain%20installed%20after%20a%20restart.

-TT

Reply #362

Hi @Arylcyclohexylamine,

I typed this in Google search "after reboot fonts missing" and you should probably try these:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution-installed-fonts-disappearing-after/146f4039-47c3-4017-a9b1-76f72badce39

https://www.fonts.com/support/faq/fonts-disappear-on-restart#:~:text=Right%20click%20on%20the%20font,remain%20installed%20after%20a%20restart.

-TT

Installing the fonts for all users seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Reply #363
Hi TT, you have built the ultimate foobar theme & I am forever grateful for u just wondering I usually use foobar through the album view since I am used to the itunes layout & like to view the albums in order by the years they were released. I am not good at code to the point where I can actually figure this out but is there any way to have it like how the artist view is (where its just the artist on top and album on bottom https://ibb.co/qR5dtv1) but still have it sorted in years?
https://ibb.co/fQNFsC8 <- This is how I have it right now but want to hide the year number while still having it sorted by such

https://ibb.co/xHStf5B this is the code for it rn nothing complex, appreciate u alot for putting all the work into this project that u do it really shows!

Reply #364
Hi @rawdog00,

glad you like the theme, you can try out this pattern:
Code: [Select]
%album artist%|$nodisplay{%date%}%album%|[[%discnumber%.][%track artist% - ]%tracknumber%. ]%title%

You can also click on the the "Add new" button to add your own pattern so you don't need to overwrite your existing ones
and sort them with the "Up" and "Down" buttons in the "Views" panel settings.

-TT

Reply #365
based <3 u n this theme, this is a tiny detail that I don't know if it can be changed but is there any way to remove the track # off the corner of the album?
https://ibb.co/mH62Pnb this what im talkin about in the top right corner

Reply #366
Yes you can, actually it will be deactivated as default in the next update.

But for now you can go to top menu > Options > Library > Show track count in album art

Also there will be some other cool new features in the next update which I'm currently working on,
stay tuned!

-TT

Reply #367
clutch asf, thank you TT!

Reply #369
I am trying to get the "Collapse all but now playing" option to remain active between tracks but I can't figure it out. I probably have some option conflicting with it but I feel like I tried everything. It doesn't seem to matter if auto is on or off.

Reply #370
Hi @Arylcyclohexylamine,

If you right click in the Playlist for context menu and go to > Collapse/Expand you will see 6 options.

The first top three are one time actions:
Collapse all
Collapse all but now playing
Expand all

The other last three are permanent settings:
Auto
Collapse on start
Collapse on playlist switch

What you want is to set it to 'Auto' that's all. Auto will also include 'Collapse on start' or 'Collapse on playlist switch', it's just a permanent 'Collapse all but now playing' feature.
If you now click on the header thumbnails ( not the header hyperlinks ) it will automatically expand only the current now playing album, all other albums will be collapsed.

I don't know which Georgia-ReBORN version you're using, but I have just checked with the latest version on Github and it's working just fine...

-TT

Reply #371
Hi @TT

I have been evaluating this theme and I like it very much.
I am thinking of replacing my current theme (DarkOne v4.0) which is no longer actively developed.

What's stopping me from switching right away is that I have become very attached to two features of my current theme, and I can't imagine being without them:

1. Waveform seekbar
2. Peakmeter

How hard/complicated would it be to add these to Georgia-ReBORN?
I am a software developer and can try to figure it out, but have very little experience with Javascript, and none with Foobar2000.

Reply #372
Hi @Henry66,

Georgia-ReBORN is a single Spider Monkey Panel, that means all scripts are running and executed in one full panel.
It's not so easy to do that and you would need some work to be able to achieve it, but it is doable. There are only two ways.

1. The recommended:

The easiest way would be to search on the internet ( or code them yourself ) for similar plugins that are purely written in JavaScript and implement these directly into the theme.
I don't know exactly where you would put those because every space in the theme is already occupied with UI elements. I guess the best way would be to implement those in the lower bar
where also the progress bar is and call the Waveform seekbar or Peakmeter with a right click context menu and switch it.

---------------------------------------------------------

2. The complicated, not recommend:

If you want to implement general plugins directly into the theme, you would need to load those plugins in an extra container.

You can read about it here:
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/Panel_Stack_Splitter_(foo_uie_panel_splitter)

If you installed the foo_uie_panel_splitter component, you can add one to the layout to see how it works, go to Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Layout.
There you can right click on the Vertical splitter > Insert panel > Splitters > Panel Stack Splitter.
When it's added, you can load the plugin into it. You would need to learn how to configure the Panel Stack Splitter with Javascript to be able to call the container to reposition,
display and hide it and link it with a button or link.

The Eole theme is using this kind of design ( Panel Stack Splitter ), you could study how the theme is using and calling those Panel Stack Splitters.

The problem why I don't recommend it, is that the Panel Stack Splitter component is really old ( last ver from 2009/12/11 ) and can
become in the near future not compatible.

-TT

Reply #373
Thanks @TT
I shall do some research and experiments.

Reply #374
BETA it will be available again or is testing finished? I'm late